+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Really?? You dont want to try?

I mean imagine they go surat to ahm in car. Then they take plane and to delhi. Which i think they will let him go. But imagine immigration at Delhi airport denies him boarding then he alone has to figure his way back to surat

It clearly says immediate family only.
Its word to word. Unless they think it's part of the same application and he is a dependent and we dont have anyone to leave him back home with

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you’re still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all the requirements to be a sponsor.

CERB isn’t considered social assistance. Collecting CERB won’t make you ineligible to sponsor.

EI and CERB won’t cause you to default
If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance (EI) or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will not cause you to default.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#sponsors

Reactions: Shahp and Verba

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Some more action from London VO. I received Pre-arrival services letter today.
Please update row 41.

Any idea what Pre-arrival means? Is the next step DM for PA?
Precisely it implies that the eligibility is passed. Once your background check (criminality + security) plus medical are cleared your eCAS status will change to "Decision Made".

"In October 2017, IRCC implemented an automated process to send an invitation letter to all eligible newcomers when they receive a positive eligibility decision in their immigration application."

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/evaluations/pre-arrival-settlement-services.html

Reactions: Wik.haider

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
It's not a big deal. CIC understanding English name spelling can vary in non-English speaking countries. Provide whatever you have and write a letter indicating the spelling difference with an explanation (different office, different people write the name, absent of a proper ID etc).
@bdidol Thank you !

Qwerqwer

Sep 20, 2020
My parents‘ COPR is expiring in Oct. they dont feel comfortable coming in the near future due to concerns of COVID situations in Canada. does any one got experience with webform asking for delayed landing date? Is there any risks that CIC would not grant a delayed landing request after COPR expires? Should they come before current COPR expires and disregard the COVID situations? Need your advice and thanks very much.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
My parents‘ COPR is expiring in Oct. they dont feel comfortable coming in the near future due to concerns of COVID situations in Canada. does any one got experience with webform asking for delayed landing date? Is there any risks that CIC would not grant a delayed landing request after COPR expires? Should they come before current COPR expires and disregard the COVID situations? Need your advice and thanks very much.
Expired COPR and PRV
Travelling from any country other than the US (group 3)
If the COPR and PRV were issued on or before March 18, 2020 but are now expired, the applicant

• is exempt from the travel restrictions
  • can travel to Canada for non-discretionary reasons with the COPR and PRV in order to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident and
  • must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada
Applicants must check the issue date in the Application Details section of their COPR to see if this applies to them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#approved_permanent_residence

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
Hi All,

Did anyone got any update from NDVO?
My Timeline- Application received - June 11, 2019
Biometrics - Dec 2019
Moved to NDVO - April 2020

No update after that. Sponsor application - Decision Made and Applicant - Application received
No update from NDVO
My Timeline- Application received - June 14, 2019
Biometrics - First week of Feb 2020
Moved to NDVO - Mid Feb 2020

Sponsor application - Decision Made and Applicant - Application received

No Update Since then.

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
Hi All,

Did anyone got any update from NDVO?
My Timeline- Application received - June 11, 2019
Biometrics - Dec 2019
Moved to NDVO - April 2020

No update after that. Sponsor application - Decision Made and Applicant - Application received
what's your line number in tracker, I believe you are not part of tracker