+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Got update today via my account that mom passed her medical. Does anyone know what to expect next? I am really confused as to which office has her file since request for PCC, IMM form, etc was received from Mississauga office whereas her medical furtherance was received from Delhi office.
Wait for "Decision made"
Flowchart

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
LVO CPC-M working but processing is very slow. (there is no relation between Airlines with Local VO for processing application)
thanks for sharing this. I thought the applicants who have received landing papers outside of Canada will finally able to come over. So more cases will be closed gradually which will help move the waiting line a bit? I dont know. i am just making some assumptions here and give myself hope to look forward....

shovon0014

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Singapore
File Transfer...
12-06-14
Med's Request
20-10-14
Med's Done....
22-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-15
LANDED..........
04-04-15
My mom also didn't get any result of repeat x-ray. But they did give her a copy of sputum test report which was all clear. Few days later, we followed up with the clinic, they told us that all medical results were OK and forwarded to IRCC. But so far we have not seen any medical pass update on My IRCC account.

In which country did your mom do her tests?
My mom did it from Bangladesh. And I checked myCIC today it shows "June 11, 2020:You passed the medical exam."
I think yours will be updated shortly.

ryanguy90

Jan 25, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am in a dilemma here. Application submitted on May 8th. Biometrics completed on Dec 6th 2019. Medical passed on Jan 9th 2019. Sponsoring both my parents, their application is in NDVO office.

However, on cic platform, it still indicates that Action is required even though we have biometrics already completed and biometrics numbers also populated on the top right hand corner of the cic platform. I know that there were some applicants in same situation as me and I was wondering what any of you have done to resolve the situation?

It feels like they are pending the fingerprints (even though this has benen done already) and on our side, we are awaiting for the next step from them. I sent them a webform last week and received a generic reply from NDVO office stating, they are short staffed and unable to process the request.

I understand the whole situation about the pandemic and being short staffed but something concrete must be done in order to proceed. I would appreciate some guidance in this matter. Should we re do biometrics again? Or take a drastic step order those notes on file and speak to MLA so that they can action something from their end and get this moving forward?

All input appreciated, thank you.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hello Friends,

I am in a dilemma here. Application submitted on May 8th. Biometrics completed on Dec 6th 2019. Medical passed on Jan 9th 2019. Sponsoring both my parents, their application is in NDVO office.

However, on cic platform, it still indicates that Action is required even though we have biometrics already completed and biometrics numbers also populated on the top right hand corner of the cic platform. I know that there were some applicants in same situation as me and I was wondering what any of you have done to resolve the situation?

It feels like they are pending the fingerprints (even though this has benen done already) and on our side, we are awaiting for the next step from them. I sent them a webform last week and received a generic reply from NDVO office stating, they are short staffed and unable to process the request.

I understand the whole situation about the pandemic and being short staffed but something concrete must be done in order to proceed. I would appreciate some guidance in this matter. Should we re do biometrics again? Or take a drastic step order those notes on file and speak to MLA so that they can action something from their end and get this moving forward?

All input appreciated, thank you.
If you decide to do so, you would write to your MP, not MLA. You can also order GCMS notes to see what's going on with your parent's file.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As the airlines starting moving, shall we expect the LVO start processing again such as CPC-M? June applications seems really quiet nowadays.. : (
When cases get better under control processing will increase. Think they will move some processing to another location where Covid is less of an issue.

Reactions: prominjj

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, it comes with the tracking. But it only shows signed by the front desk, no specific person's name or the place's name. So I'm a bit worried if it has been delivered to the right place.
They get a lot of mail so assume it is at the right place and wait iis due to the pandemic.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78
I have to file for extension for both the parents, when we file for extension,

1. can we apply for both the parents as part of one online application with two different application forms,
2. Or is it two different online applications with different application form for each person, or

Really appreciate if someone can answer this.
Yes you have to apply online for both parents.

Prayas

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
Luckly i was able to book them in for one of the flights for late june under Vande Bharat mission.
Hi,

can you please help me how to go about booking the vande bharat flights from Delhi to Vancouver, Air India website doesn’t help.
My mom has been stuck in India since March, she isa Canadian PR.
Thanks,

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi,

can you please help me how to go about booking the vande bharat flights from Delhi to Vancouver, Air India website doesn’t help.
My mom has been stuck in India since March, she isa Canadian PR.
Thanks,
Vande Bharat mission is for Indian to rerun back to INDIA.

CANADIAN-ASSISTED SPECIAL FLIGHTS
We have just finalized arrangements for two additional Canadian-assisted special flights, which will depart from Delhi and arrive in Toronto (via Doha) on Qatar Airways departing on June 12 and 15, 2020. We intend to launch booking by Wednesday, June 10 using a dedicated portal on the Qatar Airways website. Booking instructions will be shared via this ROCA messaging service and on our official social media channels. Those interested are advised to be ready to book tickets online within these short timelines. The cost of tickets will be approximately $2,500. Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents (PRs), and/or those with a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) issued before March 18, 2020 will be eligible for these flights.

INDIAN REPATRIATION FLIGHTS OPERATED BY AIR INDIA
India has launched flights to repatriate Indian citizens from abroad, and has sold seats on the outbound legs of these flights from India to Canada. Air India launched ticket sales last week and most flights to Canada are now fully booked. If tickets do become available, they can be purchased directly on the airline’s website (www.airindia.com). Canadians who wish to purchase tickets are advised to continue checking the website and take advantage of these flights. Please consult Air India for eligibility criteria for these flights (http://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/Revised-South-korea-and-Germany-advisory-04th-June-2020-converted.pdf).

LUFTHANSA/SWISS AIR AND CONNECTING AIR CANADA FLIGHTS
Lufthansa and Swiss Air have received approval for relief flights from Mumbai to Frankfurt and Zurich, with onward connections on Air Canada to Toronto and Montreal. These flights will operate throughout June, pending regulatory approvals. Lufthansa flights depart 02:25 from Mumbai, arrive in Frankfurt at 07:50, with connections to Air Canada flights at 13:30 or 13:35 most days. Swiss Air flights depart 05:35 from Mumbai and arrive in Zurich at 10:55, with connections to Air Canada at 12:50. The cost of tickets will be approximately $2,500. The airlines have informed us that previously purchased tickets or credit on these airlines cannot be used for new bookings on these relief flights. Due to Government of India authorities, we have been informed that eligibility is limited to Canadian citizens and accompanying Permanent Residents who are immediate family members. To book, please send an email to reservationsindia@aircanada.ca for further instructions.

DOMESTIC CONNECTING FLIGHTS / TRANSFERRING TO INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS IN BENGALURU, DELHI, and MUMBAI
An extensive schedule of domestic flights serving multiple airports across India is currently operating. Canadians wishing to return home to Canada are strongly encouraged to consider using domestic flights at their earliest opportunity to shuttle to Delhi or another major hub to connect to one of the above-mentioned flights. For more detailed information on domestic flights please visit https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en

Passengers who are flying into Bengaluru, Delhi or Mumbai to connect to international flights may need to follow self-isolation/quarantine requirements, if their stopover is overnight and requires them to leave the airport. Each passenger should carry proof of their planned onward journey. For information on specific requirements, please consult the relevant local authorities.

INDIA LOCKDOWN
The Government of India has extended its mandatory national lockdown until June 30, 2020. The official order can be downloaded at: https://www.mha.gov.in/sites/default/files/MHAOrderDt_30052020.pdf and more information is available at: www.mha.gov.in . Further relaxations of restrictions on various activities have been introduced - these vary by region and zone classification. We encourage you to consult your local authorities to find the restrictions that apply where you are. Please remain vigilant and monitor your local media, and continue to follow the advice of local authorities.

INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL FLIGHTS
The Government of India has extended restrictions on international commercial flights until June 30, 2020.

ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER CANADA
Canadian citizens and permanent resident card-holders are eligible to enter Canada. Eligible travellers do not require additional permission letters. Travellers who are not in one of these categories are NOT eligible to travel unless they meet travel restriction exemptions AND their travel is deemed non-optional and non-discretionary. Detailed eligibility rules and criteria to enter Canada can be found at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exemptions. Please note that final determinations of eligibility to enter Canada are made by Canada Border Services Agency at the port of entry to Canada. Traveller eligibility CANNOT be determined in advance by the High Commission. Foreign nationals may be DENIED entry at the Canadian border if they are deemed ineligible to enter Canada.

EXTENSIONS OF INDIAN VISAS
You should not let your visa expire. If your visa to India has already expired or will expire soon, the Government of India has announced that it will allow for the gratis extension of regular and e-visas up to 30 days after the prohibition on international flights from India has been lifted. If you overstay your visa, you may have to pay a penalty when exiting India. Visa extensions should be applied for online at: https://indianfrro.gov.in/frro/

UPDATING YOUR ROCA REGISTRATION
If you have returned to Canada, we strongly encourage you to update your ROCA file to reflect that you are no longer in India. Doing so will allow us to have a more complete and accurate understanding of the number and location of Canadians who remain in India.

Last edited:

xiaosanxiong

Dec 15, 2016
They get a lot of mail so assume it is at the right place and wait iis due to the pandemic.
Thanks for your reply. I think I will not re-submit the package via webform for now and I will just wait. I was thinking re-submit via webform but was worried that they will be confused.