+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi all, I received so many private message about checking your status on the EACS. Here is what you need to do:

Go to this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Chose "Using Unique Identification Number" (UCI), for you it will be on COPR doc, for your parent it will be FPC number on visa.

Enter only your last name or your parent last name

Enter the date of birth

Enter country of birth

If you enter your own UCI you will see that you have application to sponsor and it will show your address and also show your application as received and when you click on it you will see your parents names.

If you use your parent UCI you will only see "We received your Permanent Resident Application on 30 April".

Note that my application reached IRCC on 26 Apr but it only shown as received on 30 April.

I called IRCC last week and an agent said that once the receiving officer scan your barcodes, those will be updated into the systems. HOWEVER it does not mean that your case has passed the completion test, it will be much later 8-12 weeks depends on the case load and how busy the case processing officer is for the cases in her pile before you. Once she found your application completed, she will put into Processing and status changed to IN PROCESS. At that stage you are safe. However if your application is not complete, it will be returned and you can only express interest again next year. Your status will changed from Application Received to DECISION MADE and you will receive a rejection letter later together with the full package. The agent also warns that there can be many reasons an app be returned so must stick to the guide extremely carefully.

For those who worried that the app not shown in status, eCAS usually only update the status once a week, most often on Tuesday night.

Is it true that if the app is returned there is no chance to resubmit? That seems to be extremely cruel!!!! Someone can be returned if the bar code is not readable due to printer lighting issue etc... That is super crazy!

roozbeh

Star Member
Feb 5, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-01-2015
From 5669 (Schedule A - Background Declaration)

Do we need to type the name in the computer and sign in the handwritten signature?

Thanks for your help!

Umesh1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Med's Done....
9 March
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015( DM - 4 Feb 2015 ) ( In Process - 20 Nov 2014 )
I do not have the same case
But have read a lot of posts about this.
Just an idea if anyone tried putting 00.00.0000?
Does something like that work and if so ofcourse an explanation has to go with it.
Just sharing an idea, I am not sure about it though.

I had the name issue for the same form, and even though they said leave it unvalidated, that doea not sound right to me either. So I used the same name in both first and last and provided an explanation.
I hope that will work.
In guide5772 , it’s mentioned that we can put * on DOB .

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
It seems you didn’t read the guide, so here’s the answer:
You don't even need your parents birth certificate unless you are sponsoring your grandparents
The checklist asks for the SPONSOR’s birth certificate
Yes this part was confusing! mother of mother :)) could be easily stated by saying, grandparents.

But marriage certificate should be translated and notarized.
Passport copies shouldn't notarized.
Should expired passports be included as well?

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
How do I save these encrypted forms as read only PDF so that I can send these to my parents online?

When I try to print and use "Microsoft print to PDF" option which comes by default on my machine, I have seen that letter "L" becomes bold in the form which doesn't look good.

Someone please suggest?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
How do I save these encrypted forms as read only PDF so that I can send these to my parents online?

When I try to print and use "Microsoft print to PDF" option which comes by default on my machine, I have seen that letter "L" becomes bold in the form which doesn't look good.

Someone please suggest?
I used that same, but it did not give me any problem.

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi all, I received so many private message about checking your status on the EACS. Here is what you need to do:

Go to this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Chose "Using Unique Identification Number" (UCI), for you it will be on COPR doc, for your parent it will be FPC number on visa.

Enter only your last name or your parent last name

Enter the date of birth

Enter country of birth

If you enter your own UCI you will see that you have application to sponsor and it will show your address and also show your application as received and when you click on it you will see your parents names.

If you use your parent UCI you will only see "We received your Permanent Resident Application on 30 April".

Note that my application reached IRCC on 26 Apr but it only shown as received on 30 April.

I called IRCC last week and an agent said that once the receiving officer scan your barcodes, those will be updated into the systems. HOWEVER it does not mean that your case has passed the completion test, it will be much later 8-12 weeks depends on the case load and how busy the case processing officer is for the cases in her pile before you. Once she found your application completed, she will put into Processing and status changed to IN PROCESS. At that stage you are safe. However if your application is not complete, it will be returned and you can only express interest again next year. Your status will changed from Application Received to DECISION MADE and you will receive a rejection letter later together with the full package. The agent also warns that there can be many reasons an app be returned so must stick to the guide extremely carefully.

For those who worried that the app not shown in status, eCAS usually only update the status once a week, most often on Tuesday night.
Great thanks. Any idea how soon we will get the biometrics invitations? I'm concerned as my parents are coming to visit us early August. I cannot send them back home for biometrics then. I hope we receive the bio letters soon.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
The only thing I have to get translated is my parent's Marriage Certificate. However, I'm not sure about the way it should be notarized.
In my parent's country, if requested, documents get translated by a certified translator and get signed and stamped by Foreign ministry and Judicial.
is this enough?

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi Please add my information to spread sheet:

Ashk19
Parent
Iran
invitation received:April 25
both SIN and NOA
Package received to Ottawa: May 1st

Aegards,
A
Would you plz check your inbox. I have got a question.