+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Hi,
Anyone sponsoring their parents in India? If their birth certificate is in Hindi, how can we get that translated and certified in India? Through Lawyers?

Thanks.
1. Don't need Parents Birth Certificate for this application unless you are also sponsoring their Parents (your grandparents)

2. My parents had the same issue. Their original certificate was in Marathi. They went to the municipal office of the City they were born and got reissued certificates. New and shiny, and in English.

3. Didn't want to go the translation route myself.

See info below. This is categorized per state. The catch is:

1. The old records need to exist
2. Need about 2-3 days for this process.

I had asked my parents to start this process early-on (in February) this year.

https://services.india.gov.in/service/search?kw=Birth+certificate+&ln=en&cat_id_search=&location=district&state_id=&district_name=&pin_code=

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Hi All

Can we submit the biometric along with the application ?? Because there is no where written that we cannot submit with the application[/QUO
Hi All

Can we submit the biometric along with the application ?? Because there is no where written that we cannot submit with the application

The problem is it doesn’t say that you can submit it. Anyway
Hi,

Can you write last name as Surname while filling the forms incase a person doesn't have a surname and in passport there is no surname written as well?

I used the same style while applying for super visa and there was no problem and filled expression of interest with same

Any format for explanation letter incase a person doesn't have a surname in passport but used last name as surname while filling application?
According to google and wikipedia

A surname, family name, or last name is the portion of a personal name that indicates a person's family. Depending on the culture, all members of a family unit may have identical surnames or there may be variations based on the cultural rules. Wikipedia

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Tnx.
Am I right now?
Level of Education: High School
Certificate and diploma issued: Diploma

Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Certificate and diploma issued: BA

Level of Education: Master's Degree
Certificate and diploma issued: MA
--
Sorry for my silly questions, but forms are always confusing, even if they're in your native language!
For High School : Certificate issued is High School
For Bachelor,s Degree : Its graduation
For Master,s degree : Its post graduation

punjabi2121

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Original send to CIO
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello everyone... can anybody help me... my wife is on mat leave since aug 2018 and earlier than she worked almost 3 years continuous job. What should I fill her status in employment history in imm5768. Should I write the employment to present or I should break it into 2 sections showing job toill August and maternity August onwards?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can you write last name as Surname while filling the forms incase a person doesn't have a surname and in passport there is no surname written as well?

I used the same style while applying for super visa and there was no problem and filled expression of interest with same

Any format for explanation letter incase a person doesn't have a surname in passport but used last name as surname while filling application?
There is no specific format for explanation letter. As long as you explain the situation to immigration officer you should be fine.

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hi Guys,
I have a question in Schedule A, personal history (Q6) and address (Q10)
do we have to check the box of "ONGOING" or have to enter the current month for "TO" date.
for an example they are here in Canada from 2018-09 till now. in that form what should I type for recent address?
please let me know
thanks

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hello everyone... can anybody help me... my wife is on mat leave since aug 2018 and earlier than she worked almost 3 years continuous job. What should I fill her status in employment history in imm5768. Should I write the employment to present or I should break it into 2 sections showing job toill August and maternity August onwards?

Better : break it into 2 sections

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tnx.
Am I right now?
Level of Education: High School
Certificate and diploma issued: Diploma

Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Certificate and diploma issued: BA

Level of Education: Master's Degree
Certificate and diploma issued: MA
--
Sorry for my silly questions, but forms are always confusing, even if they're in your native language!
Indian education level is like below.
Primary Education Until Class 5.
Certificate: Primary Educational Certificate

Elementary Education from 6 to 8.
Certificate: Elementary Educational Certificate

Matric or High school 9 to 10.
Certificate: Matric Certificate

Secondary, Higher secondary or senior secondary 11 to 12
Certificate: Secondary School Certificate

University: Bachelor's degree
Certificate: BA or BSC

University: Masters degree
Certificate: MA or MSC

University: PHD
Certificate: PHD in Specific Subject

On based of your educations if it is from india then there is full details below.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-matriculation-certificate-1

Last edited:

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hi,
Anyone sponsoring their parents in India? If their birth certificate is in Hindi, how can we get that translated and certified in India? Through Lawyers?

Thanks.
It seems you didn’t read the guide, so here’s the answer:
You don't even need your parents birth certificate unless you are sponsoring your grandparents
The checklist asks for the SPONSOR’s birth certificate

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Write that she is still working and put between brackets maternity leave.

karthikramda

Jan 27, 2019
Hi all, I received so many private message about checking your status on the EACS. Here is what you need to do:

Go to this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Chose "Using Unique Identification Number" (UCI), for you it will be on COPR doc, for your parent it will be FPC number on visa.

Enter only your last name or your parent last name

Enter the date of birth

Enter country of birth

If you enter your own UCI you will see that you have application to sponsor and it will show your address and also show your application as received and when you click on it you will see your parents names.

If you use your parent UCI you will only see "We received your Permanent Resident Application on 30 April".

Note that my application reached IRCC on 26 Apr but it only shown as received on 30 April.

I called IRCC last week and an agent said that once the receiving officer scan your barcodes, those will be updated into the systems. HOWEVER it does not mean that your case has passed the completion test, it will be much later 8-12 weeks depends on the case load and how busy the case processing officer is for the cases in her pile before you. Once she found your application completed, she will put into Processing and status changed to IN PROCESS. At that stage you are safe. However if your application is not complete, it will be returned and you can only express interest again next year. Your status will changed from Application Received to DECISION MADE and you will receive a rejection letter later together with the full package. The agent also warns that there can be many reasons an app be returned so must stick to the guide extremely carefully.

For those who worried that the app not shown in status, eCAS usually only update the status once a week, most often on Tuesday night.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Yes, but only if you are using canada post. As private courier cannot deliver to po box. However private courier have been given some address to deliver.
Where can we find other address to send docs by courier? Those who have already sent their docs may please share experience.