+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Intangible

Dec 1, 2011
Calgary
Thank you for sharing your story!! Would you mind sharing the template of the explanation letter you had your mom sign?

I am also in a similar situation but my mom did get "Legally Separated" back in 1973 and we have the documentation. Apparently in Brazil there is such a thing as being divorced or legally separated though I don't know the ins and outs of it so I am tempted to add a letter like you did.
Thanks in advance! :)
Sorry for the late reply. Here is a template. Its a work in progress. But this is the gist of it:

My daughter wishes to sponsor me for permanent residency through this program in 2019. However, my husband is not included in this application for the following reasons.
I was married to XXX on XX-XX-XX. My marriage to him was unsuccessful. A few years into our marriage contact with him progressively decreased culminating in complete lack of contact over 20 years ago.
Due to my cultural and religious beliefs I did not and do not wish to seek divorce. I believe that my situation falls in the category of legal separation for the purpose of this application. Therefore, I have not declared him as a dependant.
I have included an affidavit to declare our long term separation. Kindly regard this as proof of legal separation. I declare by this letter that I agree never to sponsor my husband in the future. I am also willing to sign a solemn declaration for the same if you need me to do so.

Reactions: danny_scars

Intangible

Dec 1, 2011
Calgary
I just got off the phone with an agent from cic, and he said the same thing as you. He was firm with saying that my dad should NOT be included as a dependant. And my mom’s marital status have to be legally separated because in the context of ircc guide, "legally separated" means married but are no longer living together. And the answer should be based on the real, ongoing relationship right now, not just because there’s a marriage contract binding. There is no relationship between them anymore therefore she is legally separated and my dad will not be included in the family size. Although he’s still in Additional Fam Info. And yes, the agent said a letter of explanation will suffice. But I will also have my mom get Affidavit to support the explanation, just to be safe.
It all makes sense now. Finally I can breath after being up all night stressing about it. I’m really grateful for all the response here. Thank you sooo much!!
That's great news! Thanks for sharing. And you are welcome :)

achin091

Apr 9, 2017
Hi Everyone, 5669 wont validate for me because i do not have date of birth for one of my maternal parents. Is it mandatory to validate? should i attach letter of explanation with it that why I am not able to validate.?

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi Everyone, 5669 wont validate for me because i do not have date of birth for one of my maternal parents. Is it mandatory to validate? should i attach letter of explanation with it that why I am not able to validate.?
Looking for the answer myself
A explanation letter will lead to more followup questions perhaps. Unvalidated form soumds risky as well. Adive from some senior member or ircc would be helpful.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Looking for the answer myself
A explanation letter will lead to more followup questions perhaps. Unvalidated form soumds risky as well. Adive from some senior member or ircc would be helpful.
I do not have the same case
But have read a lot of posts about this.
Just an idea if anyone tried putting 00.00.0000?
Does something like that work and if so ofcourse an explanation has to go with it.
Just sharing an idea, I am not sure about it though.

I had the name issue for the same form, and even though they said leave it unvalidated, that doea not sound right to me either. So I used the same name in both first and last and provided an explanation.
I hope that will work.

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hi,
Anyone sponsoring their parents in India? If their birth certificate is in Hindi, how can we get that translated and certified in India? Through Lawyers?

Thanks.

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
We are a family of 3 here in Canada and now wanted to sponsor my mother who is widowed. My siblings (outside Canada and my mom lives with one of them) are more than 22 years of age and not dependent on my mother, do I still have to add them as dependents in form.

Any help

Be prepare to submit the death certificate of your father. It may also be asked somewhere down the line of application processing. If you have it, you can submit it upfront. I got this information from a friend who was asked for death cert of his father. He has applied for PR for his mother last year.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Does the photocopy requirements need to be certified true copies or just regular photocopies?
If it's in english or french - NO NEED . Ex: Passport
If it's translated --> English/French -----> Should be certified.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hello guys

In the additional family information ( section c) , I put NONE in the email address as my parent siblings don't have their email address.

is it necessary to attach the explanation letter for not having an email address?
This is normal! Mine also got lots of NONE or N/A. I'm pretty sure this is true for 90% of us. People in 60s rarely have email unless they are university lecturers or professors. Even people in 40s or 50 prefer to use just social media rather than email. They hardly remember their password :)).

Reactions: respect2019

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Forms should be signed with black or blue pen ?

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Can someone answer my question:

Level of Education:
Bachelor's Degree

Certificate and diploma issued:
WHAT?

please give me clear examples.

punjabi2121

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Original send to CIO
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello everyone... can anybody help me... my wife is on mat leave since aug 2018 and earlier than she worked almost 3 years continuous job. What should I fill her status in employment history in imm5768. Should I write the employment to present or I should break it into 2 sections showing job toill August and maternity August onwards?