+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
My dad received an email today asking for my proof of relationship to him (principal applicant) i.e. my voter ID, Aadhar card, school certificates. It also mentions that affidavits will not be accepted. While I did send my birth certificate in my initial application, my birth certificate does not have my name (they didn't name me as soon as I was born) so may be that is why they sent this letter. Either that or they just did not look at my birth certificate. 2 questions:
  • While I have Aadhar card and school certificates from India, I don't have voter ID. The wording on the letter suggests they need all of them. I hope I can just send a letter explaining this?
  • Since this email was sent to my dad and not me, should my dad email the requested docs or can I send it?
Many Thanks

Reactions: serious_cheese

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
My dad received an email today asking for my proof of relationship to him (principal applicant) i.e. my voter ID, Aadhar card, school certificates. It also mentions that affidavits will not be accepted. While I did send my birth certificate in my initial application, my birth certificate does not have my name (they didn't name me as soon as I was born) so may be that is why they sent this letter. Either that or they just did not look at my birth certificate. 2 questions:
  • While I have Aadhar card and school certificates from India, I don't have voter ID. The wording on the letter suggests they need all of them. I hope I can just send a letter explaining this?
  • Since this email was sent to my dad and not me, should my dad email the requested docs or can I send it?
Many Thanks
- Send whatever you have with an explanation letter (when was your name registered? no doc for that?)
- If you are rep, you can also send it

This is happening to many Indian nationals I noticed and apparently there are names mis-matched in the documents which resulted this.

Reactions: raghav30389

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
You should accompany them...who knows what helps they might need
I was just curious as to whether or not the border agents allow you to accompany them during the flagpole process? The US admin refusal doesn't affect your future travels back into the US, does it?

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hello, i just received another emial from CIC. What does this letter means??

Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/
new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources
available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent
residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are
interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp.
For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite
you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter
(Twitter.com/CitImmCanada).
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

aarit

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
This is pre-arrival letter.

Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources
available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are
interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite
Sincerely,

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019

Hello,
communities.
Sincerely,
Pre arrival letter

gerjit2019

Jan 30, 2019
My parents recently received biometric requests recently, does this mean my sponsorship has been approved ?or is this a positive sign and there my be additional request of information. Im Still waiting on medical exam but after that will i need to provide more information?

aarit

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
No Application is still in-process. Wait for DM for PA and then PPR. How long it will take to ask for passport, varies and depends on the VO........your pre-arrival letter is good news..

@aarit and @shine1429

Does this mean application is approved now ? medical is still showing : processing and application is still processing .

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
Hello, I got an update today saying that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and my parents application for Permanent Residence will be forwarded to my country of origin for further processing. My parents are on a super visa and they are staying with me in Canada. Any idea if they will have to leave Canada for the 1) Biometric 2) Medical Exam and 3) PPR? or can they do it from Canada? not sure who else on here in the same boat where his/her parents are on a Super Visa and already in Canada.

Reactions: serious_cheese