+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: PARENTS
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: Pakistan
  • Sponsor Province: ONTARIO
  • Invitations Receive Date: 23 MAY 2018
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: 8 JULY 2018
  • AoR Received (DATE): 4 OCTOBER 2018
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date: 18 DECEMBER 2018
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request : 17 JUNE 2019
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date : 31 DECEMBER 2019
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request: 31 DECEMBER 2019
  • Additional document / travel history request date : 31 DECEMBER 2019
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :
Thank for sharing timeline. You are PGP- 2018 Applicant.
check PGP-2018 tracker>> here
PGP-2018 forums link >> here

Last edited:

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello @robertp and fellow sponsors,

I am really concerned with my parents application, I am from the May 27th group. My father received furtherance request from ND LVO, which is not a re-test but IRCC wanted to know if my father's (81yrs old) mobility is normal, if he is independent or requires any support to walk etc. My father is fit and independant and does not need anyone's help. the physician has sent submitted his response to the furtherance request on November 17th. Since Nov 17th, have not heard from IRCC. MY LOCAL VO is CPC-M. I have requested thru webform if any documents are missing and the representative INFORMED the medicals are still in progress, and the application is in process.

I am seeing many other applicants who are after May 27th and are progressing. I am patiently waiting to hear from IRCC. not sure how long more.
Any suggestions/inputs from folks?
What was your furtherance test? IMM 5725?

inaratay

May 9, 2019
Ontario
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
27-05-2019
Once there isn’t a standard request you can’t continue comparing to other applications.
I agree that if the application is queried at any step there will be a pause in the process. Don;t have choice but let the process take its course.
I have seen some applications that were queried are moving, where query is for medical re-test, as opposed to the query for further information only.

I am not sure if NDVO is holding the application or CPC-M

Reactions: serious_cheese

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree that if the application is queried at any step there will be a pause in the process. Don;t have choice but let the process take its course.
I have seen some applications that were queried are moving, where query is for medical re-test, as opposed to the query for further information only.

I am not sure if NDVO is holding the application or CPC-M
Still hasn’t been a year and the processing times posted are 12-24 months so you are still be processed at a good pace considering there are still outstanding applications from previous years. All you can do is wait. :)

Chiya89

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi guys
I am just wondering if anyone had this situation, my parents application is with NDVO, in background declaration form we checked yes to previous visa refusal but didn’t provide explanation in the box below. My father’s US visitor visa was refused few years back , so it’s checked yes in section d of background declaration but no explanation should I send a new IMM 5669 with explanation?it just skipped my mind , I did mention his canada visa refusal in the explanation box but forgot USVisa . They already passed medical and fingerprints and travel form was sent too .

PBB2020

Feb 27, 2020
*CRITICAL SITUATION ALERT*
HELP REQUIRED

Hi All,

1st. NDVO asked for Canadian PCC on November 21, 2019. My parents got the fingerprints done on the same day. RCMP confirmed to have mailed the PCC on November 28, 2019. We never received it.

2nd. A month later on December 20, Parents did fingerprints for the 2nd time. RCMP confirmed that they mailed the PCC on January 2nd from Ottawa. We have not received this PCC yet. Since we are based in Ontario, the mail should not take this long ideally.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of delay?
Does this happen often? (People not receiving the PCC from RCMP?)

What can possibly be done to rectify this situation?

Appreciate all support in advance!
@UPPI
Did you eventually receive report and how much time did it take to receive report from RCMP?
I am in similar situation, did fingerprints twice for parents. Last one was done on Feb 20, 2020. Can you please advise?

aarit

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Instead of arguing on these things, you should provide help if you can. If not you can hower in the forum. People in this forum seek help/possibilities if they are stuck somewhere. Please don't ruin the motto of this forum. This is general and nothing for any individual... Thanks

It could be but what happens if someone reused medical as supervisa?? If he/she did medical on March, received medical request on September 05,2019. They reused medical and passed on September 20,2019. Will the visa validation to Sep 20,2020???
@robertp @aarit

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
Unfortunately it seems like the person was warned of the rules but decided to try and apply anyways thinking they could justify that the brother is working therefore not financially dependent.
People taking chances on the rules cause great unfair disadvantage to others. Personally I am all for having an application ban for some years.

Reactions: serious_cheese

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
For those who's parent's flagpoled, did you accompany your parents during the flagpole or did you just send them on through by themselves??