+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
I

I had similar case:
My Father supervisa was expiring on 31st Jan, So I called CIC in Oct to know my options. they told me to apply for extension.I applied on 8th Oct , on 7th feb I got my approval for extension. . But, I called CIC today, and they said, this is just an extension for stay. He can live here till 31/12/2020. but its not a multiple entry visa, So now I have to apply for supervisa again. agent said, yes, I can apply for supervisa at this moment
However, supervisa has to be applied from home country!! that's what my presumption is. If your father has plans of visiting home country then super visa could be applied. If no, then extension seems to be the right option. I don't know how they would assess super visa application when the person is already in Canada.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi my mom is here in canada with me and her stay is expiring on Apr 19, 2020 but her Supervisa is expiring in 2021 Apr. Kindly i need your help in applying for Extension of stay. Should i mention in her application that she has her PR Application in process? it won't hurt her application ??
Hi, I have a similar situation and same questions :)

Ultimate_One

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
7-11-2015
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Passport Req..
16-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
Reactions: Hamied

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hey y'all..
Mom's supervisa expires along with her passport on Oct 2020 but she applied for said visa in 2016. CIC made her visa expire with the passport (in less than 10 years) and explained to her she would need to apply for an extension in 2020. We are all going to Brazil in June for a week for baby's 1st b-day.

I will renew her passport before we go home but should I renew/extend her supervisa as well? It expires Oct 18 and we are flying back Jun 25.

TIA :)

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Hi @YULIA-2016 @robertp ...kindly update the information

tracker# 678 biometric received on 21st Feb 2020.

will there is another email requesting for medical?

Please someone confirm that my mother need to take below document for biometric (done at home country)
1. appointment letter from visa office.
2. letter from IRCC
3. biometric payment receipt
4. do we need to carry any photo?

Reactions: serious_cheese

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
@prominjj

If they are separated they should not qualify as co-sponsors. I understand that this may have negative consequences but it can have pretty severe financial consequences. For example if a parents ends up in a public nursing home. I know in Ontario the family will need to pay around $1000/ month bed fee. Normally pension covers the cost but they don’t have a pension yet. Hopefully the daughter/son will pay the $1000 for their parent but what if they can’t afford it. That means that you will be paying the around 1K/month. At the sam3 time you have your own expensenses iinvluding your children, parents and perhaps the parents of your next partner. Making a 20 yr financial commitment to an ex is a big deal.l You will also need to remain together until after they land.
They both know that. Being together like family already, they have no problem for this. so the best way for the parents sponsorship is to stay together till parents land. then they can decide whatever. right?

thanks for the input friends.

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Morning folks, my current LVO is Mississauga and parents are in China. They have visitor visa to Canada, wondering if their file will be transferred to HK visa office later on for processing? or will stay in Mississauga? What if they will come and visit in 2 months. my delivery date is June 6. Where will they be asking to mail the passport to? kindly advise. thank you very much.

ilovecanada11

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question. Does the PCC need to be translated in Canada ? , I had my folks translate it in Egypt in a certified translator company , does that do it?

thanks

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Morning folks, my current LVO is Mississauga and parents are in China. They have visitor visa to Canada, wondering if their file will be transferred to HK visa office later on for processing? or will stay in Mississauga? What if they will come and visit in 2 months. my delivery date is June 6. Where will they be asking to mail the passport to? kindly advise. thank you very much.
LVO depends on the CO.

If they are here and the LVO is in HK, you can send the PP to Ottawa.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi @YULIA-2016 @robertp ...kindly update the information

tracker# 678 biometric received on 21st Feb 2020.

will there is another email requesting for medical?

Please someone confirm that my mother need to take below document for biometric (done at home country)
1. appointment letter from visa office.
2. letter from IRCC
3. biometric payment receipt
4. do we need to carry any photo?
You will receive another letter for medical. Your bio request letter should have the details of what you need. In general, they take your picture at the VAC, you don't need to take it with you.

ilovecanada11

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, @robertp

My parents passports were mailed to Ottawa yesterday and Delivered to recipient's delivery partner (signature available) today on 7:36 am.

thank you :)

Question for those who translated PCCs , does it need to be done in Canada, or any certified translator office ?

thanks

Hello1234can

Jan 19, 2015
Hi my mom is here in canada with me and her stay is expiring on Apr 19, 2020 but her Supervisa is expiring in 2021 Apr. Kindly i need your help in applying for Extension of stay. Should i mention in her application that she has her PR Application in process? it won't hurt her application ??
yes, you can mention

Hello1234can

Jan 19, 2015
However, supervisa has to be applied from home country!! that's what my presumption is. If your father has plans of visiting home country then super visa could be applied. If no, then extension seems to be the right option. I don't know how they would assess super visa application when the person is already in Canada.
CIC agent said it doesn't matter from where you apply. I think she was not allowed to tell how to make strong case :)

Reactions: Hamied