+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello - My sponsorship application is being processed at the Mississauga office but my parents are in India. I am still waiting for PPR but will the initial letter ask to submit to Canada office or India office? If it's Canada, I can ask them to travel to Canada on their current visa and submit their PP here rather than having to change the location. What do you think?

Thamely

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hi Guys

I received biometrics letter 8 days ago, but I haven't received yet the acceptance letter to continue my process with Quebec, how long does it takes to receive it ? any idea?

Do they send the letter by email?

Thank you

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello - My sponsorship application is being processed at the Mississauga office but my parents are in India. I am still waiting for PPR but will the initial letter ask to submit to Canada office or India office? If it's Canada, I can ask them to travel to Canada on their current visa and submit their PP here rather than having to change the location. What do you think?
You have 2 option to submit passport Ottawa or Local VFS. please check <<Sample letter>> Here.

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: 502
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Last edited:

AntonPeach

Sep 2, 2014
I

I had similar case:
My Father supervisa was expiring on 31st Jan, So I called CIC in Oct to know my options. they told me to apply for extension.I applied on 8th Oct , on 7th feb I got my approval for extension. . But, I called CIC today, and they said, this is just an extension for stay. He can live here till 31/12/2020. but its not a multiple entry visa, So now I have to apply for supervisa again. agent said, yes, I can apply for supervisa at this moment
I applied for an extension for my mom when she was processing her PR here in Canada. She was holding a tourist visa then, I applied for 2 year extension of stay and it was granted.

Reactions: Hamied and douwama

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Guys

I received biometrics letter 8 days ago, but I haven't received yet the acceptance letter to continue my process with Quebec, how long does it takes to receive it ? any idea?

Thank you
Please check your SPAM/ JUNK.
Wait few days more next week you can contact to CIC and ask for SA letter.
CIC send SA letter via Email. check <<Sample Letter>> Here

Last edited:

Seahawk333

Feb 10, 2018
Does anyone know how much times does it take to get the passport back from New Delhi Visa Office after Passport Stamping?

sent the passport on 12th feb and still show it is being processed.

anyone else in the same boat?

mohitmalhotr44

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know how much times does it take to get the passport back from New Delhi Visa Office after Passport Stamping?

Depending on where you have sent the passports from, it usually takes around 2 weeks for the entire process.

Reactions: Seahawk333

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
A question for anyone who can help please.
We are waiting for DM for PA, do we have to keep checking MyCIC or will we receive an email telling us we have an update?

husainsd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017

Same boat passports submitted Feb 7th to Delhi VISA office. Still waiting for them. Frustrating one of my friend received the passport in 1 week.

Reactions: Seahawk333

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi Guys

Thank you
Hi

same here (12 days)since 13 february...