+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's sound wired.

Biomatirc is valid for 10 years.

its looks like you did not specify, that you already did Biomatirc previously.

i would still suggest better call CIC or VFS global for this issue.
thats my understanding too.
no i didnt specify it, actually didnt know where to specify this in the application.

let me try reaching out to CIC customer service

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
ecas status is 'in process'
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
that's sound wired.

Biomatirc is valid for 10 years.

its looks like you did not specify, that you already did Biomatirc previously.

i would still suggest better call CIC or VFS global for this issue.
@balu0427 yes but depends on CIC officers may wave it. However they require you to redo biometric. Its a lawful order based on the website:
If you apply for permanent residence
You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Reactions: balu0427

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Guys
My file is in new Delhi

Meds and Pcc done

do you guys know how long till we get DM2 or ppr?

fIle rcvd may 14
Thanks
Local VO timeline

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Question for the experts + others who have had similar experience:
Is it ok to apply for a visitor visa for my dad who's PGP application is being processed (2019; S.A done and in process at London VO)? His previous visa is due to expire this summer so we were going to apply online for a new one (so that he can visit us in the summer). Will be applying online from Pakistan.

Any tips on what to include in the application to ensure there are no issues with both applications in tandem?

Thanks!!
I have a similar situation. My mother is here with me and her visa expires in June. Her PGP application is in process at CPC-Mississauga (SA not done yet). I'm not sure but I think applying for a visa should not be a problem. Though I need to apply for an extension.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@balu0427 yes but depends on CIC officers may wave it. However they require you to redo biometric. Its a lawful order based on the website:
If you apply for permanent residence
You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
thank you.

on a side note, this totally can be avoided in the process. saves time and money for us but i think govt looks in a diff way

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
thank you.

on a side note, this totally can be avoided in the process. saves time and money for us but i think govt looks in a diff way
At least cic allows us to reuse IEM which can be asked to redo even had one if cic works too strictly and is more helpful than biometric.

galaxyman

Oct 10, 2019

Hello!
Some updates for tracker and questions:
Received request for PCCs, CVs,, Travel form IMM 5562, and Biometrics Jan. 31
Biometrics done Feb 7, Additional docs submitted Feb 19
Medicals done Feb 21, update on myCIC on Feb 24 "You have passed the medical exam" :)

Questions for the experts:
Does the "medical exam passed" statement apply to both PA and dependent wife, done on same day?
The biometrics enrollment date is being shown as Feb 7 for both PA and dep, but myCIC also still says "we have not received your fingerprints". Is this normal?

Thanks!

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

Hello!
Medicals done Feb 21, update on myCIC on Feb 24 "You have passed the medical exam" :)

Does the "medical exam passed" statement apply to both PA and dependent wife, done on same day?
The biometrics enrollment date is being shown as Feb 7 for both PA and dep, but myCIC also still says "we have not received your fingerprints". Is this normal?

Thanks!
  • Does the "medical exam passed" statement apply to both PA and dependent wife, done on same day? YES
  • The biometrics enrollment date is being shown as Feb 7 for both PA and dep, but myCIC also still says "we have not received your fingerprints". Is this normal? If you see Bio # and Expiry date , please ignore that message.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

galaxyman

Oct 10, 2019
@robertp
  • Does the "medical exam passed" statement apply to both PA and dependent wife, done on same day? YES
  • The biometrics enrollment date is being shown as Feb 7 for both PA and dep, but myCIC also still says "we have not received your fingerprints". Is this normal? If you see Bio # and Expiry date , please ignore that message.

Hello!

Thanks!

Thanks! And a correction please: Medicals were done Feb 14, not 21st. Sorry for the trouble.

Reactions: robertp

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Yes , she CC me to email that she sent plus she confirmed that she sending mail letter as well. Okay i will wait for 2 weeks and if not then i will upload letter. Thank you. Also i have that lady’s email and phone number so if anyone else stuck at Alberta assistance please let me know and i can provide info.
Any update on your file ? With your silence, I believe you are still waiting for SA DM.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My in-laws file was transferred to Nairobi, now parents in Canada and the address is changed...we did contact IRCC in canada and they said the file is in Nairobi and they can't give any response about the file...who to call or email for file transfer...

any advice from experts ???? @jayeshaminnew @YULIA-2016 @robertp
It will continue to be processed in Nairobi. When you receive PPR you can ask to send it to Canada. Lots of parents who were in Canada and their applications got sent abroad to be processed.