+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Adelina2091

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Hello all,

I want to share my heart breaking news here to everyone.

I got the invitation to apply for my parents(Mother and Father) Pr in last year May. I have applied on middle of June.

On Nov 5th, I have received a email from CIC Stating that "Your application does not meet the requirements for processing as the following item is missing or incomplete.

IMM5669(Principal Applicant and Dependent)

I have competed the application with hand signed signature (With Both Parents signature)- Which is the only missing thing from the initial package and I have sent email to CIC to the valid email address which they have mentioned in the missing documents email on Nov 20th.

I have recieved the complete package in mail on Feb 14th

Summary of the letter in the Mail
-------------------------------------------
"Your application is incomplete and does not meet the requirements for processing"

"Regulation 12 of IRPA States: "If the requiremenrs of section 10 and 11 are not met, the application and all documents submitted in support of the application shall be returned to the applicant"

Consequently, Your application will not be processed or be put in queue for processing under the PGP Cap for 2019.

Note- I have checked the sent email for the pending documents again. Email sent to valid cic email address.

I am not sure why i received this now . My whole family is in deep shock and literally i got tears after seeing the returned mail package.I will call CIC tommorow morning and get more details

Seniors/ Peers ----> Please tell me what i have to do now, Which direction i have to go

Reaching out to MP or Lawyer will help me?

Seniors---> Please Help me out .Please Provide your thoughts

Thanks
Kalyani
Maybe you need to order gcms notes? My email with imm 5669 was received on October 24 and just on dec.23 it was checked on completeness and application deemed to be complete. Ecas not available but this information I see in my gcms notes.

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Please update tracker.

tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :
I guess it is automatically, my parents did that, when I check next day online it was updated.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hi, I received a similar email as well.

What did you provide as a proof of relationship in the earlier submitted application ?
I thought I did provide my birth certificate so it seems a bit strange that they are asking for it again. Dont think I missed it in the initial application.

Reactions: reezam

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Hi All.....Applied for PR for my Mom (Parent Sponsorship in 2019 May) Received a letter asking for US and PR Police Clearance and the office has given only 30 days time. Can we ask for extension of time as FBI Clearance itself is around 4 Weeks. Also has anybody applied for Police Certificate from Puerto Rico...If so can you please help share some thoughts as my Mother was a Visitor in Puerto Rico when I lived there and does not have SSN or DL from Puerto Rico...
Its very easy to get PCC from US. It will take maximum 2 weeks to receive the results back from the day you start and choose to send the package by priority package. See the link: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
Hello folks, today I noticed that my status under "Sponsorship Application Status" changed from 'In Process' to 'Decision Made'. However it is still showing 'In Process' under "Permanent Residence Application Status". I don't see any new messages. I am hoping this is positive. Does it take time to know what is the outcome of the Decision made?

Thank you

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
As per my understanding this update is for PGP-2020 applicant. No one here making new application. all PCP-2019 applicant got temp. file # XF if they submitted before 28 June 2019. as per CIC to work "Appl. received date" is Lock -In date in Global Case Management System.

Global Case Management System LOCK-IN date : https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#locked_in

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

@bdidol

Last edited:
Reactions: Adelina2091

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi. My mom is in same situation. She did her initial medical end of January in Delhi. Then she received furtherance - to do sputum test which was initiated early Feb. Now we need to wait 2 months for results.

In your mom's case, when the results were processed, what exactly did it state in My CIC account? In my mom's case, it still says we have requested medical.
The IME will not be submitted to ircc till all tests completed. In your case just wait 2 months then phone them to confirm the result is negative. Within 10 days medical will be shown passed

Reactions: kulb

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
As per my understanding this update is for PGP-2020 applicant. No one here making new application. all PCP-2019 applicant got temp. file # XF if they submitted before 28 June 2019. as per CIC to work "Appl. received date" is Lock -In date.

LOCK-IN date Please read this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

@bdidol
No new sponsorship applications and no related applications for a permanent resident visa made by sponsors’ parents or grandparents under the family class are accepted for processing until further Instructions are issued.
Any sponsorship application or related application for a permanent resident visa made by a sponsor’s parents or grandparents under the family class that is not accepted for processing under these Instructions will be returned.

if this does not apply for applicants in 2019. This does not make sense if someone sent an application for 2020 before program started

2 guys got returned means application was incomplete and Lock-date can not apply these cases

my point here is applicants got returned should order a gsms note to confirm when was the additional docs received and make sure that the second sent form filled correctly

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
No new sponsorship applications and no related applications for a permanent resident visa made by sponsors’ parents or grandparents under the family class are accepted for processing until further Instructions are issued.
correct.

here Question about return application. user already have Temp file # (XF)

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
I thought I did provide my birth certificate so it seems a bit strange that they are asking for it again. Dont think I missed it in the initial application.
glad that you said so, because I also believe I did not miss it, but they have asked for it again. what is your position in the tracker sheet if you don't mind me asking.

Thank you

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hello folks, today I noticed that my status under "Sponsorship Application Status" changed from 'In Process' to 'Decision Made'. However it is still showing 'In Process' under "Permanent Residence Application Status". I don't see any new messages. I am hoping this is positive. Does it take time to know what is the outcome of the Decision made?

Thank you
yes, this is normal and positive, you will soon be receiving an email asking for documents.

Reactions: JuneApplicantCEC

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
correct.

here Question about return application. user already have Temp file # (XF)
Your point means applicants have XF000000 on file considered as complete application??