+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hello guys - for those whose parents visited or lived in other countries in 80s and 90s - did u guys simply sent your PCC when requested or did you explain what was their status and time when you were in that country ?

Eg. My father was in Libya from 1995 to 2004. So when I am sending PCC - do I need to include the time and the status while he was there;?

vandanam

Jun 27, 2019
Lol your application reached Ottawa on exact deadline. It looks like action movie
Sent the documents around 22nd june with 1 day delivery option. However , canada post messed it up. That week easily qualifies one of the worst time of my life. Now, I am just patiently waiting for the AOR. Hopefully will hear something soon

Reactions: serious_cheese

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hi I see from the tracker that you are also June 6th... did you also get the BIO METRIC requests ? if yes then how much was the time gap between BIO---->MEDICALS/PCC
Hi, Got biometric request on December 10th, same day as DM. Medical was requested on December 19th. DM letter was dated December 13th. Must confess I am a little confused about the PCC request as I was assuming it came via a separate letter - is this not the case? If so, I guess we can just go ahead with the PCC. I've not submitted the additional documentation yet as - again - I am unclear what is required. The letter does state "if not already included in your application" and passports were included in this. Do we send them again? Your input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any answers.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi, Got biometric request on December 10th, same day as DM. Medical was requested on December 19th. DM letter was dated December 13th. Must confess I am a little confused about the PCC request as I was assuming it came via a separate letter - is this not the case? If so, I guess we can just go ahead with the PCC. I've not submitted the additional documentation yet as - again - I am unclear what is required. The letter does state "if not already included in your application" and passports were included in this. Do we send them again? Your input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any answers.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-1560#post-8198912

Reactions: Leonora7

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
Hello All,

I have request to update my application. I had received an email from CIC on September 25th to re-submit the IMM5669 form (with hand-written signature), which I did on October 1st. Since then, I have not heard anything from them. :(:(:(:(

Also, My application is for both mother and father. Can someone update that also?

Is someone in same situation as me? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance, and Good luck to all :)

Deepi
We received the letter to re-submit IMM5669 on July 15, submitted the form two days after and received the AOR letter on August 27. So it took about a month and half for us to hear back. It may be that it's taking a while to process now with more apps received by their office, and with the holiday season coming up things are a little slow? Try calling and see if you can check on the status - you should have an XF file number in the letter requesting the resubmission.

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Hi, when we received DM for sponsorship we also were requested to send PCC with full copy of passport, travel info, military etc. Personally we sent a copy of the passport again, better safe than sorry.

roozbeh

Star Member
Feb 5, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-01-2015
Hi,
My parents completed their medical. Now how we could be sure that the documents are received by CIC? Thanks!

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hello all, I received the BIO request yesterday. I am trying to schedule an appointment (Bengaluru VFS, India).
What appointment category we select to schedule appointment. 1. Application submission with bio metric 2. Bio-metric enrollment .

Please advise

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
@YULIA-2016

Kindly update my info in line 516 in the spreadsheet:

Username: neha1
Sponsored Person: My mom
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Prov: AB
Invitation Received: April 26, 2019
Application Received in Ottawa: June 7, 2019
Bio metric request received: Dec 13, 2019
SA Approval letter- Dec 20, 2019
Medical request- Dec 19, 2019
ECAS status- Decision made for sponsor and file processing started Dec 9, 2019
@YULIA-2016

Kindly update my info in line 516 in the spreadsheet:

Username: neha17
Sponsored Person: My mom
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Prov: AB
Invitation Received: April 26, 2019
Application Received in Ottawa: June 7, 2019
Bio metric request received: Dec 13, 2019
SA Approval letter- Dec 20, 2019
Medical request- Dec 19, 2019
ECAS status- Decision made for sponsor and file processing started Dec 9, 2019

Cheers!!
Hello Neha , which category you selected to schedule appointment (VFS India). 1. Application submission with bio metric 2. Bio-metric enrollment .

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
I listed everything for the past 10 years. 20 countries and over 80 trips.
my father visited only 3 countries in the past 10 years. but he lived in libiya from 1995-2003 (or something like that). I am wondering if i need to explain anything when i am attaching his PCC 9since it wont be on the travel history form as its been way over 10 years since he has left that country or just sending PCC with last 10 years travel history is enough?

Thank you for your help

Last edited: