+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
wow.. really..? Last time when I checked ( in Andhra Pradesh) , i was told a complicated process that we have to go the remote village where my mother was born and apply for it and get a " No records found" cert as my mother's birth was not registered ( early 50s). Then we have to take that cert to another local office and get the BC. In between, it requires lots of approval and involves different offices. So, we didnt pursue it.
This is correct. This has to be done, but it's straightforward. It's just time consuming. My parents had to do the same as well.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
If you are from India. It is pretty easy to get birth certificates now a days. You just have to fill the form along with all the documents and they will text you in 2-3 days to pick up your certificate.
Only if a record / previous certificate exists. Else one has to get a "certificate of no record" first.

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
wow.. really..? Last time when I checked ( in Andhra Pradesh) , i was told a complicated process that we have to go the remote village where my mother was born and apply for it and get a " No records found" cert as my mother's birth was not registered ( early 50s). Then we have to take that cert to another local office and get the BC. In between, it requires lots of approval and involves different offices. So, we didnt pursue it.
As far as i remember my parents made their birth certificate based on their matriculate report card and they had to submit a notarized copy that included date and place of their births. They did this couple of years back but the process is still the same. This is in Punjab so I am not sure if they have a different process in AP. I would suggest you to check website of local government. The complete process is available online.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
As far as i remember my parents made their birth certificate based on their matriculate report card and they had to submit a notarized copy that included date and place of their births. They did this couple of years back but the process is still the same. This is in Punjab so I am not sure if they have a different process in AP. I would suggest you to check website of local government. The complete process is available online.
Some people on the forum have just sent school certificates, voter id or aadhar with an explanation letter. Isn't that enough? I'm also in the same situation, no birth certificates of parents and both my parents birth dates are pre-partition Punjab.

Reactions: geol

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Just a detour question here Rob.Since you mentioned you were the representative for your parents could you activate the my cic for them .My son trying all combinations but not successful.Could it be because he is our representative.All our correspondence is addressed to him
Hey, the MyCIC will be in the principle applicant's name. I merely log on under my father's name to check the progress.Your son will receive all the correspondence as a sponsor but all the other communications will be send via the messaging in MyCIC

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hi Everyone,
Please help!
I have a question, my mom is visiting me in Canad next week,
The ECAS says decision made, our offc is Mississauga , my dad (Principal applicant) will remain in India, if we get a positive decision, how will we send passports for PPR? Can my dad send it to Delhi and Mom to Mississauga?

Nsooch

May 16, 2019
Hi @robertp @YULIA-2016
Please update - User - Nsooch - Medical's Passed, and PRe-Arrival Services Letter received, Dec 13th.

Question - I am waiting for a PCC from New Zealand for my Mom, in the meantime should I submit the PCC for Mom and Dad from India, or wait and send all of them together in one email only? Any suggestions?

Reactions: robertp

Christy_Lu

Oct 4, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Please help!
I have a question, my mom is visiting me in Canad next week,
The ECAS says decision made, our offc is Mississauga , my dad (Principal applicant) will remain in India, if we get a positive decision, how will we send passports for PPR? Can my dad send it to Delhi and Mom to Mississauga?
When is ur ECAS status change to DM for PA?

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hello,
My parent's got their medical request on 3rd Oct, they passed the medical exam on 4th Nov. I got a request letter from CIC on 13th Dec. It only asked the Biometrics for my mom (my dad is the principal applicant). Also for my dad they asked to submit "Government Service Details Form", where can I find this form? They also asked my Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, I am a Canadian Citizen and I don't have all these, should I just inform CIC about it? I need to submit all the documents by 12th Jan, if I ask for 30 more days extension will that be ok?
Someone please suggest.

Thanks
Aradhana