+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Congrats to you! We are stuck in the same situation, in which my husband sponsored me back in 2017 and he is the co-sponsor for my parents' application. We live in Alberta and I guess IRCC is still confirming my and husband's provincial social assistance. Would you recommend us to call the province like what you did with your parents' application? It does seem to speed up the process. Did your MP also help out? TIA!

All I did was get the province to resend the response! That's it.

But getting to talk to someone at the province was arm and a leg. I had to make a lot of phone calls but dont loose hope keep calling every day eventually you will get to the right person.

Just make sure you inform the front desk actual situation like you have sponsored and ircc just wants to check welfare clearance for you as a sponsor like make sure they understand so they can transfer you to the right person.

Once they resend it. Bio request is less than 2 weeks away

Last edited:

Sonysurrey

Jun 20, 2019
Hi everyone
My application in process since 10 October. Any body in same boat ⛵. Please timeline if anybody got SA letter and status change to DM with previous undertaking of spouse/ parents. Curious to find out how long it take if someone already sponsored spouse/ parents from in process to SA and DM stage

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Hi All,
I have a few questions related to Parental Sponsorship.

1. We have submitted the application through a consultant. I understand that all the communication is routed through the consultant. I tried to link the application to an online account but the system is giving a message "application not found". Is it because that CIC will directly send the communication to the consultant only and I cannot view the same because of my initial selection?

2. My mother is above 79 years old. I read somewhere that biometrics will not be required for people above 79 years old. Can somebody confirm?

3. What about Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) ? My mother is staying with me in Canada for the last 6 years on a visitor visa most of the time. Will she be required to go back to India for applying for PCC?

Thanks a lot in advance for providing the clarification.
For PCC you can go to BLS .
And for the docs -
Her passport , visitor page copy , her passport front and back page
Letter from you on plain paper mentioning you are sponsoring her.
Your passport copies along with landing paper.
Photograph etc for your mother.
And do check BLS checklist as well.
Should.be given back in 3-4 days.

Biometrics is exempt for 80 and above

I think yes as your consultant has the email updated in your application.

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
For PCC you can go to BLS .
And for the docs -
Her passport , visitor page copy , her passport front and back page
Letter from you on plain paper mentioning you are sponsoring her.
Your passport copies along with landing paper.
Photograph etc for your mother.
And do check BLS checklist as well.
Should.be given back in 3-4 days.

Biometrics is exempt for 80 and above

I think yes as your consultant has the email updated in your application.
Thanks a lot @amop

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp
good evening. Question please? Do I have to contact CIC tomorrow to change my mom’s current address? She is in the Philippines now and she will come here next month to stay with me for 6 months or more. She just had biometrics request. She will do that in Manila before coming here. Please advice. Thanks.

Mahe

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family
members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.

DO I NEED TO FILL MY PARENTS TRAVEL DETAILS OR SHOULD I INCLUDE MINE TOO.. please advice guys.

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
@YULIA-2016 @robertp
good evening. Question please? Do I have to contact CIC tomorrow to change my mom’s current address? She is in the Philippines now and she will come here next month to stay with me for 6 months or more. She just had biometrics request. She will do that in Manila before coming here. Please advice. Thanks.
You can always update CIC with any change in situation. But if you have been using your address to received any mails than i don't see any difference this will make.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
You can always update CIC with any change in situation. But if you have been using your address to received any mails than i don't see any difference this will make.
Thanks for the response. I am my mom’s representative and been receiving all correspondence. My only concern is that when we submitted her application her address is in Manila and she will fly here next month, so her address will change.

ramko

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
For those who do not have birth certificate, what is the best way to go about it? Are School certificate, Voterid /other Ids with explanation letter enough for this purpose? Or should we go for affidavit?
Please suggest.

Country Specific Requirements:
Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include a copy of the original baptism certificate and copies of other original documents establishing identity such as:

• Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
  • Voter's ID card.