+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hello Everyone.

Just wondering if there will be any delay in processing if My Parents sugar is high? They just had non ede medical exam and doctor told them sugar is high. Anyone know?

My timeline
Application Submitted - June 7
Decision Made on sponsorship application - Dec 1
Medical and Bio metric request Dec 1
Are you sure June 7?? They even are working on June 6 on Dec 05th 2019

abpcan

Oct 8, 2019
I need to get PCC from BLS Brampton as my father is here.
I checked BLS site and they need an ontario photo id to process PCC.

BLS site was last updated in 2018. Is Ontario photo ID still required?

Has anyone gone thru this process?

Another questions is around Country specific requirements. For india, Parents' DOB certificate is good enough? Or we need to send Voter id card, adhar card, etc?

I have;t received SA yet. It shows in process since 2 days for PA and sponsor so I expect to get SA soon.

App received on June 7
ecas activated and linked account with my CIC - Nov 5
AOR Nov 15
ecas in process - Dec 09
I got PCC for my mom and didn't had to provide photo id from canada, unless they(parents) are on diff status. In case if you need it, one of my friend got ID from same place where they issue PCC for canada (which was not required for PGP)

Call BLS site and they will provide you list of the documents you need to get PCC. My experience with BLS office is not that good and learned if you are visiting in-person to office they ask lot of additional docs, you endup visiting them multiple times.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I was on the same boat for SSC check in Ontario for my MIL application. For some reason they send SSC Check to Toronto and Windsor (where I live). i got my SA Approved in 5 weeks after the SSC check was sent. All of them are documented in GCMS. I think it's probably good idea to order GCMS again for those who are still waiting and ordered GCMS before. They generate the correspondence from GCMS on the same or next day we submit the request even though they will deliver them around 30th day mark. Looks like they send the SSC check to local office of the town/city you are residing.

In my case, I had sponsored my parents about 8 years ago so their undertaking is still valid. I had sponsored my wife about the same time and not sure if the undertaking is still in effect.

I have current OSAP loan and so do my wife. My incomes do support a football team size for sponsorships but still they need to make the check to confirm.

Another important thing is , I saw in GCMS is that they got the tax filing details line to line. Even though we provided Option C and gave consent for CRA verification. Even my both children's CCTB money listing showed up for the past 36 months under my wife's information section. It was very detailed so if someone has any irregular item in their detailed tax file that could trigger further inquiry which could delay the SA approval further.

This is why you may want to order further update of GCMS so you know nothing else is in the queue for CIC to verify. My two cents.
I am in process for 7 weeks now waiting for this SCC check. The province has confirmed to me that they responded back to IRCC within 2 days after they received my SSC check from them, they said they send the report back electronically via encrypted software. I am at loss for next steps. IRCC has the province response. I don't know what the protocol at IRCC is to review incoming requests. Extremely concerned right now as file delayed for completely trivial reasons.

Reactions: amesh and ZOYAMAN13

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
@bdidol, @robertp or any other experienced ca advise.
my timeline status bar has disappeared, what does this could mean? Until now I have not received any country-specific documents request and neither Biometrics.
My mom is already in Canada for almost the last 3 years on Super Visa. not sure if she will be exempted from biometrics ?.
My visa office is New Delhi.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@bdidol, @robertp or any other experienced ca advise.
my timeline status bar has disappeared, what does this could mean? Until now I have not received any country-specific documents request and neither Biometrics.
My mom is already in Canada for almost the last 3 years on Super Visa. not sure if she will be exempted from biometrics ?.
My visa office is New Delhi.
  • status bar disappeared for all since few days. may be system update.
  • Only CPC-M sending generic document request email . NDVO not sent any email like this.
  • She will be exempted from biometrics.

Last edited:

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Hello Fellow members,

Received medical request: Nov 26
Medical examination Done: Dec 03

but no update yet on CIC? does any one has an idea how long it will take for London office to upload?
I believe you are 2018 2nd round applicant who got medical from london office.
As 2019 applicants,none received medical from london so no idea about time frame. U can check in 2018 thread, probably they can help.

Reactions: Never_give_up

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All,

The PCC letter from CIC says to submit the document in original. But it seems some you have submitted a scanned copy of the document, my LVO is Mississauga....will CIC Mississauga accept the scanned copy of PCC report?

Never_give_up

Nov 20, 2018
I believe you are 2018 2nd round applicant who got medical from london office.
As 2019 applicants,none received medical from london so no idea about time frame. U can check in 2018 thread, probably they can help.
Yes, that's correct 2018 2nd round applicant. Thanks

ryanguy90

Jan 25, 2017
Hi,

Does anyone have the breakdown of the different time it takes to go from one process to another for each individual office? I thought I saw it before but can't find the link. For example, time taken for PPR after DM for NDVO.

Thanks

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
I got PCC for my mom and didn't had to provide photo id from canada, unless they(parents) are on diff status. In case if you need it, one of my friend got ID from same place where they issue PCC for canada (which was not required for PGP)

Call BLS site and they will provide you list of the documents you need to get PCC. My experience with BLS office is not that good and learned if you are visiting in-person to office they ask lot of additional docs, you endup visiting them multiple times.

A few things that i would like to clarify here..
"unless they(parents) are on diff status"

What do you mean by diff status?

can I go on their behalf and apply for pcc?