+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Last time when I spoke with CIC agent, she was very helpful and confirmed that SA was approved and no letter/email was issued. I did receive the SA Approval email with batch which is what the agent kind of indicated that it will go as batch and they don't send individually.
Thanks for your answer, much appreciated.

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Yes. Passports can't be sent with other people.
But can't parents travelt Canada on existing visitor visa/ super visa and send the passports to Ottawa once they are inside Canada?
Are there any problems with this approach?
Well they can but for my idea it will be costly because I have to buy two way tickets because the officers in airports in the Philippines sometimes their strict in departure they will ask why the person only got one way ticket with a tourist visa..
And it is not actually complicated to inform the IRCC with the address where the parents are because I believe it is also our responsibility to inform their office about the updates. It’s better to be transparent.

Reactions: ramko

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Well they can but for my idea it will be costly because I have to buy two way tickets because the officers in airports in the Philippines sometimes their strict in departure they will ask why the person only got one way ticket with a tourist visa..
And it is not actually complicated to inform the IRCC with the address where the parents are because I believe it is also our responsibility to inform their office about the updates. It’s better to be transparent.
There is no local visa or vfs office? You can submit it there.

ramko

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Good points. I need to update my mom's address as well.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@robertp @bdidol and whoever is applying to sponsor their parents from Ukraine.
I just read that the requirement specific to our country is "please provide a copy of the church wedding certificate in addition to the marriage certificate". How can I do that if it simply doesn't exist?
You have to provide an explanation letter why it is not available. An affidavit with that might also help, from someone who was presented in that wedding.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Folks, a question (which I asked in my previous post at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-2086#post-8360751):

Is flag-pole a better option that waiting for an in-Canada interview with IRCC? Are there any risks with flag-pole (my parents do not have US Visas, for instance)?

Thanks!
There are no risk with flag poles for PGP. You can literally finish the whole process within an hour.

Reactions: Empirical-Scientist

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
You have to provide an explanation letter why it is not available. An affidavit with that might also help, from someone who was presented in that wedding.[/QUOT
Thank you !
I will absolutely provide a letter of explanation.
Further, my dad passed away in 2000 and they had previously requested death certificate so they have it. But yo are right I will attach a letter of explanation.

MTLasalle

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
@Here my Application status changed to "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." in on my online account. Also, earlier I use to see a kind of bar line with the expected date to finish processing of the application and now its not there.
What does this mean?