• Sponsored People: Parent
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl.: Decision Made
  • Ecas Status for PR appl.: In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: July 18, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: July 19, 2019
  • Local Visa Office for processing: Warsaw
  • Biometric request date: July 18, 2019
  • MyCIC account updates: Linked May 31, 2019
Any update for sponsorship application? please update tracker.

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All,

The PCC letter from CIC says to submit the document in original. But it seems some you have submitted a scanned copy of the document, my LVO is Mississauga....will CIC Mississauga accept the scanned copy of PCC report?

c_cherry

Feb 6, 2015
@robertp please advice

Hi friends
I have a question if some one senior can help me
Question 1:
I moved from BC to Ontario. Now living with my best friend in ontario.
I have applied for my parents sponsership and my friend has too for her parents under 2019 quota.
We both received AOR just recently.
Now I need to update my address on file. She is bit worried about if two parents application from same address will create any issue.
Also she and me worked under same corporation( just us two as independent contractors)
We have been roomates for good 10 years or more. So lots of same addresses in application

Do you think multiple application from same address would be problematic or should I get difference address

ramko

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
You can’t send the passport internationally. There’s an instruction in the PPR if the applicant doesn’t have Canadian/US address they have to send a webform and request for instruction to submit the passport on the current location of the applicant.. yes there is a possible delay like what I have experienced but for sure it will still be alright. Like right now my father got his passport and copr after 2 days he submitted his passport at Manila VAC. Almost 2 months of delay is not a pain for me because I waited since 2012 or 2013 for this to come along..
Yes. Passports can't be sent with other people.
But can't parents travelt Canada on existing visitor visa/ super visa and send the passports to Ottawa once they are inside Canada?
Are there any problems with this approach?

Reactions: caninfoseeker

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp please advice

Hi friends
I have a question if some one senior can help me
Question 1:
I moved from BC to Ontario. Now living with my best friend in ontario.
I have applied for my parents sponsership and my friend has too for her parents under 2019 quota.
We both received AOR just recently.
Now I need to update my address on file. She is bit worried about if two parents application from same address will create any issue.
Also she and me worked under same corporation( just us two as independent contractors)
We have been roomates for good 10 years or more. So lots of same addresses in application

Do you think multiple application from same address would be problematic or should I get difference address
I dont think there is any issue if you use same address. you both can use same address ( Sponsor Address) CIC not looking same address but make sure Address is valid and you received mail on that address. your ID proof link with that address just in case you have to pickup letter from post office.
your file processing and your mailing address have no any relation. Same address is not Issue.

Last edited:

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
@robertp @bdidol and whoever is applying to sponsor their parents from Ukraine.
I just read that the requirement specific to our country is "please provide a copy of the church wedding certificate in addition to the marriage certificate". How can I do that if it simply doesn't exist?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
You can’t send the passport internationally. There’s an instruction in the PPR if the applicant doesn’t have Canadian/US address they have to send a webform and request for instruction to submit the passport on the current location of the applicant.. yes there is a possible delay like what I have experienced but for sure it will still be alright. Like right now my father got his passport and copr after 2 days he submitted his passport at Manila VAC. Almost 2 months of delay is not a pain for me because I waited since 2012 or 2013 for this to come along..
Thank you for the clarifications!
@Sparkling you have to follow instructions in the PPR.
As only some governments restrict carrying or sending passports overseas,
the first sentence does not apply to all.

Reactions: Sparkling

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
June 18 nothing since AOR received. Anyone on the same boat? Hopefully we will get something in Feb 2020.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
We are just friends ...studied bachelors and masters together and then couple of jobs together.
We both were in onatrio for 5 years sharing the same apartment. but then I moved to BC for around 8 months for job. That's when I filed the application.
Later I got better offer here and moved back
She is married and lives with her husband . I am renting room at her place
It might raised a red flag somewhere in the background check. I would recommend to provide a letter with your address change request. Explaining your previous and current address with the other applicant. It is better to provide truthful and upfront information then try to hide it.