+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

This is continuation to my original post regarding PCC sent by RCMP.

RCMP confirmed that they mailed police clearance from Ottawa through Canada post on November 28th.

I have not received the PCC yet. I live in Brampton.

Is this kind of delay normal? Has anyone experienced similar delays in Mail delivery from Canada post?

I am worried as the deadline to submit is approaching fast.

Please guide and share your experience.

Thanks

@robertp
@YULIA-2016

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
hi everyone

how long cic take to make a decision on medical once they receive?
also when they update that medical has been received?

thank you
kuljit
it depends which LVO please check the tracker that they usually post here. I don’t know the link just please do some back reading.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
hi everyone

how long cic take to make a decision on medical once they receive?
also when they update that medical has been received?

thank you
kuljit
3-5 days after Medical received you will get muCIC updated with IME passed if not any other extra test required. . in tracker check column "AF".

for Local VO timeline click here

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Their Adhaar Card, Voter Id And Educational Certificates will work.
Thank you! I will get an affidavit just in case. I called CIC today regarding this matter, and they have told me to try to get the birth certificates as much as possible. If not, a LOE supported with an affidavit may be sent but cannot guarantee these will be accepted. So wanted to hear from folks who sent alternate docs and got accepted..

ta0505

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Hi Guys,

I got PPR request for my parents last week. I applied PR for them in 2018 family sponsorship. My question is we have not received any request for bio-metrics neither they have done bio-metrics any time before. Is it not required as part of process ? Should we go ahead with passport submission without bio-metrics ?

Thanks

Reactions: serious_cheese

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Guys,

I got PPR request for my parents last week. I applied PR for them in 2018 family sponsorship. My question is we have not received any request for bio-metrics neither they have done bio-metrics any time before. Is it not required as part of process ? Should we go ahead with passport submission without bio-metrics ?

Thanks
why not!!!! submit your passport for stamping.

Reactions: serious_cheese

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun

Line Tracker 274
Please update "Medical Passed on October 22, 2019"
And "we have started checking Background. we will advise you if we need more information".

When I started checking the online status Medical passed was already there for a month ago and they just moved it up from bottom to upper part as an update on Friday on Profile.

And earlier on Background Check it was there Not Applicable but on Friday it updates to
"we have started checking Background. we will advise you if we need more information".

Also on Eligibility Requirement it says "we are Reviewing your Eligibility". Is it Standard.

Can anybody advise if this is last step before forwarding PPR or more steps needs to be done.

Feedback appreciated. Please Advise.

Thanks to All in Advance.

My wife has the same thing showing up for her parents. Medical was passed on October 02, 2019.
It has been stuck on 'We are processing your Background check". I am not sure what's next?

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Thank you! I will get an affidavit just in case. I called CIC today regarding this matter, and they have told me to try to get the birth certificates as much as possible. If not, a LOE supported with an affidavit may be sent but cannot guarantee these will be accepted. So wanted to hear from folks who sent alternate docs and got accepted..
I didn't have birth certificate either but had an no record found certificate which said that municipality tried to look for old records and could not find any record of birth for my mum in 3 consecutive years eg 1960-1963.. And I attached the voter card, adhaard card and matric certificate.

BUT also I am still waiting for final decision yet :)

Reactions: raghav30389

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Guys,

Thanks
They exempted you from bio. Send your passport asap.