+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello,

Can somebody please help with Biometric Request if they went through a similar process. I received a letter with 30 day time period. My parents were in Canada when I submitted the application and still are in Canada. Letter I received advise that they have to leave Canada to do the biometrics done. IRCC website does say that in this circumstances they can be exempt but when I asked the agent in IRCC no confirm answer, one said no they had to leave, other said it would be okay and send a web form request. I spoken to several local immigration consultants and all say they had to leave. My own consultant says they do not need to. Letter specifically says if they do not present themselves for Biometric by the due date, there application will be refused. They are elderly and it is very expensive at this time to get a ticket in sort notice and they just came back from India a month ago. IRCC agent said Web request might get 3-4 weeks reply. Is there somebody in the forum who had similar situation and were they exempted? Please help.Thanks
& all this time you waste with so many "consultants" you never send a web request for exemption or extension?

The only way you can do that is via webform, not over the phone. Send a request today, explain the situation and ask for an exemption. You will not get the exemption and so mention that if they refuse the exemption, you are seeking for an extension to complete this in future date. Do not mention about their age or health condition as that might negatively impact the review process.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I got prearrival service letter today
You are not in the tracker, so this information is kinda irrelevant. Please add yourself in the tracker.

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi, Is anything stopping us from getting PCC ahead of the request from CIC? I understand it has a validity but if we are willing to take the risk of doing it ahead of request from CIC based on the estimate from tracker, can we do it in Toronto? Does BLS require any letter from CIC to do it?

Actually my parents are very old and they are with me here in Toronto , they will be flying back to home country by year end. Based on tracker I estimate PCC by Jan/Feb time frame. I want to do the PCC here for them and avoid the hassle of them taking this task in home country by their own in an old age.

Can I do it or am I missing something?
you can definitely do it ahead of time, plenty of people have. I have applied for my grandparent's PCC because i know it will take a few months to complete. Hopefully by the time i receive it, I will be receiving PCC request. If not, i plan on submitting early like others on this forum.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
did you get DM?
Not yet. Eagerly waiting.
My additional documents request had a last date of Nov 14th for submission. I submitted by email on Oct 22nd and no update so far.

I am thinking if I don't see anything by end of day today/ Tuesday morning (since I don't think agents will be working over long weekend) I will upload documents through MyCIC account too. Just to be on safe side, if they ignored the previous email by any chance.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hi, Is anything stopping us from getting PCC ahead of the request from CIC? I understand it has a validity but if we are willing to take the risk of doing it ahead of request from CIC based on the estimate from tracker, can we do it in Toronto? Does BLS require any letter from CIC to do it?

Actually my parents are very old and they are with me here in Toronto , they will be flying back to home country by year end. Based on tracker I estimate PCC by Jan/Feb time frame. I want to do the PCC here for them and avoid the hassle of them taking this task in home country by their own in an old age.

Can I do it or am I missing something?
I would suggest you to get it in advance, especially if you have to deal through BLS. If you submit application directly at consulate, you will get PCC in a day or so. If you submit it through BLS it can take anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks, if they do everything correct.

trivchintan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Yes. U r right. As per agent, they sent document request via myCIC and which I never received. He told me that if u need the letter contact technical team but u can upload requested document via webform cause u don't need letter now as I told u what is requested.
I don't know if they fixed it later or what. I did get AOR from my LVO after sponsorship approval email from CPC-M

Ideally as per the agent

sponsor can not link the application to mycic only PA can.

So correspondence to the sponsor should only be via email.

lately a lot of people are having issues.

trivchintan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
I have a question. Hoping that you guys can help me here... ):

on My Ecas, looks like the immigration office has already sent the letter for the biometrics request on Oct 17th and the medical check up request on Oct 25th. However, my parents or I have not received a letter for us to complete the request. Is it normal to wait for this long? I am afraid that my parents can’t meet the 30 days deadline ...

Much appreciated if you guys could give me some ideas ... thank you so much!

It is better to call CIC, they will ask you to open a ticket via webform and also ask for extension.

This is really frustrating, a lot of people lately are having issues.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Ideally as per the agent

sponsor can not link the application to mycic only PA can.

So correspondence to the sponsor should only be via email.

lately a lot of people are having issues.
sponsor can link the PR application to mycic.

correspondence to the sponsorship application via Sponsor email or regular mail to sponsor OR Representative if you have.

correspondence for PR application via myCIC and / or regular mail and or PA Email to PA or Representative if you have.

Last edited:

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Anyone who is currently in Canada, on visitor visa or super visa are considered Temporary resident.
But if i remember correctly there was never a question of temporary residential status.

So what i filled my parents address was home country, though they were here.

And eventually missed lucky mississauga office.