+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

compuwhiz93

Nov 16, 2015
Hi all,

I need your help with something.
Start of this month, we got an email from the Delhi office to provide them with PCCs and RPRF payments before the 31st of October. So here are my questions.

1. RPRF fees was already included in the application, Should i just send them the receipt to show them that?
2. My parents have lived in several countries such as Zambia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and India. it is becoming quite hard for them to get all these certificates in time. I am not sure how can I request an extension since I already submitted a web form but did not get a response ( says they respond within 28 days). Can I send them whatever certificates I have and say I will send the rest later?
3. WHERE should I send those document? there was nothing in the email. Should I just reply to the email and attach them (scanned)?
4. Anyone here got an Indian PCC from Jeddah, my parents are having some issues with that.

Thanks a lot all in advance.

Gast2019

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Hello,
Do we need to do the Country Specific Requirements if we are sponsoring both our parents? I am really confused because when I open the link it is for spouse and dependent kids. Thank you!
5)Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.
Country specific requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Does your letter say the same?

gifty123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
I sent my docs by email on 02 Oct. No change in myCIC.
Review of additional documents remains unchanged as:
"We do not need additional documents".
Same on my cic
We do not need additional documents
Infact backgroundcheck says
"Your application is in process we will send a message when we start your background check"

Gast2019

Star Member
May 11, 2019
They got my app, on June 3, yesterday I got email updates, says my application is cancelled. :( have no idea, don’t know what is that meaning either
Hi, My parent sponsorship application status says "Cancelled". There is no email or message yet. Any one knows possible reasons for "Cancelled" status?
I was approved as a sponsor and my parents did the medical on Aug 15. We were yet to hear anything about medical.

EDIT
This could be because CIC made an error by putting wrong dependent to my application and now they are just fixing it.

thanks...
Any error that IRCC is trying to fix?

Reactions: lynne197910

sasharma82

Oct 20, 2019
Hi All,

I had mailed the paper application to Ottawa that was received on June 18, 10 days advance of the last day of receiving the completed application. Since then, I have not received anything, no acknowledgements by paper or email. I try linking my paper application in the online services but unable to find the application. Would anyone know what might be going on here ?

Anyone else in the same boat ? Alternatively, would someone be able to advise whom should I be contacting to get a better sense of my application's status

Thanks in advance!

Gast2019

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Hi All,

I had mailed the paper application to Ottawa that was received on June 18, 10 days advance of the last day of receiving the completed application. Since then, I have not received anything, no acknowledgements by paper or email. I try linking my paper application in the online services but unable to find the application. Would anyone know what might be going on here ?

Anyone else in the same boat ? Alternatively, would someone be able to advise whom should I be contacting to get a better sense of my application's status

Thanks in advance!
You can take a look here to see timeline for 2019 PGP.

https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/home

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
I see you received AOR on September 30. Usually, IRCC sends a request to resubmit the forms, and then they issue AOR.
Not in my case, I saw the tracker, some people got request to resubmit new forms before they got AOR, but I got AOR directly, well , maybe it is the reason why they cancelled.

Reactions: Gast2019

Carito

Sep 21, 2016
Hello group, I have returned the IMM 5669 because I need to put a date that I forget, but reviewing it I realized that in a question I put NO but the answer is YES exactly where they ask if they have ever refused a visa.
I need to send an explanatory letter of the error because I want to modify it before sending it again.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello group, I have returned the IMM 5669 because I need to put a date that I forget, but reviewing it I realized that in a question I put NO but the answer is YES exactly where they ask if they have ever refused a visa.
I need to send an explanatory letter of the error because I want to modify it before sending it again.
Submit webform with explanatory letter and attached new updated form.

Website

Please tag @YULIA-2016 and @robertp to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: