+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

al99

Sep 24, 2019
Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well. I sent in my application on June 25 via Canada post and it was received in Ottawa on June 27, 2019 (as per the tracking #).

I did not hear back from them nor was I able to get the file linked online, so I gave them a call on September 23, 2019. They informed me that they could not track down my application. I gave them my receipt number from the online payment and my name/DOB and the sponsors name/DOB. They tried to locate a temporary file but could not do so. After talking to their help desk they said they do not have a procedure in place for this situation and told me to write a letter to the Mississauga Office outlining my situation.

My question is, is my application lost or could it be just that they have not gotten around to scanning it in?

The reason for my anxiety is that I have lost the Canada post tracking # and have no other way to prove that the application has been received in Ottawa before the deadline. I tried to call Canada Post but they could not give me a tracking number due to privacy concerns. Is there any other way to get that tracking number?

Thanks for your help!

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
any experience regards this document:

" Special Benefits (ESDC): For the period specified (2016, 2017), provide proof of
special benefits income from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada confirming
maternity, parental, compassionate care, or sickness benefits "

I just sent the T4E ( Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits ). This is the only official document that I have. But there is no mentioned reason on that for sure.
I am wondering what are they looking for exactly. the EI income proves or the reason for that.
unemployment EI will be deducted to assess your income. Do you qualify without them? Do you regular/maternity ei?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well. I sent in my application on June 25 via Canada post and it was received in Ottawa on June 27, 2019 (as per the tracking #).

I did not hear back from them nor was I able to get the file linked online, so I gave them a call on September 23, 2019. They informed me that they could not track down my application. I gave them my receipt number from the online payment and my name/DOB and the sponsors name/DOB. They tried to locate a temporary file but could not do so. After talking to their help desk they said they do not have a procedure in place for this situation and told me to write a letter to the Mississauga Office outlining my situation.

My question is, is my application lost or could it be just that they have not gotten around to scanning it in?

The reason for my anxiety is that I have lost the Canada post tracking # and have no other way to prove that the application has been received in Ottawa before the deadline. I tried to call Canada Post but they could not give me a tracking number due to privacy concerns. Is there any other way to get that tracking number?

Thanks for your help!
People from first wk of June still waiting for the AoR. In this pace, you may see something late Oct.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello,

Thanks for your help!
Call back again to CIC and talk with different agent to get temp file #. ( did you received any canadapost notification if you register your email for tracking update? )

if you lost tracking # hard to get from Canadapost. submit web-form with details and ask about update. mention your invitation reference # , receipt # etc whatever you have.

Follow PGP2019 tracker

Please tag @YULIA-2016 and @robertp to add / update your info in tracker

• Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date :
  • Comment :

Last edited:

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
People from first wk of June still waiting for the AoR. In this pace, you may see something late Oct.
They got my application on June 4th , I did not hear anything from CIC yet..i called they told me to wait. I guess we should wait for a month more may be …………..anyone have a better idea???

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Ecas = application received from Sept 16. Never got an email and did not know until I got a mail yesterday.

padillag.tati

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Called CIC today to ask if it was possible to leave Canada and come back while on implied status waiting for the response for a visitor's extension, as it cannot be done in Canada. I was told there is a public policy in place that exempts principal applicants residing temporarily in Canada from biometrics, while the sponsorphip and PR applications are in process. This is the reason why principal applicants with Canadian addresses are not asked to give biometrics.

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
any experience regards this document:

" Special Benefits (ESDC): For the period specified (2016, 2017), provide proof of
special benefits income from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada confirming
maternity, parental, compassionate care, or sickness benefits "

I just sent the T4E ( Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits ). This is the only official document that I have. But there is no mentioned reason on that for sure.
I am wondering what are they looking for exactly. the EI income proves or the reason for that.
the reason for requesting this document to see if you received Regular EI or Special Benefit EI - If there is a regular EI they will deduct from your total income (Line 150) and check the financial eligibility - If there was a Special Benefit They will consider Line 150 (with out any deduction)

al99

Sep 24, 2019
They got my application on June 4th , I did not hear anything from CIC yet..i called they told me to wait. I guess we should wait for a month more may be …………..anyone have a better idea???
Were they able to find a temporary file for you in their system or they had nothing at all?

YourMama

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
@robertp please update: Applicant status changed to in process and the 2nd line was added that Warsaw started processing on September 23.
Applicants from Warsaw visa office, please can you check and advise when Warsaw started pressing (2nd line in applicant part) and when did you get medical request.
@mehrazsepehr @YourMama
Thank you!
@robertp
@newandold

2nd line in applicant part says they started processing on August 29th. Medical request was sent on September 3rd/
We requested an extension for another month.

Reactions: robertp

MITESHKAPADIA

Apr 19, 2011
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
PER received on 21st December 2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
22-02-2012
Med's Done....
24-02-2012 Medical sent: 27-02-2012 RPRF encashed on 23rd march
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2012 Passport sent: 27-02-2012 RPRF encashed on 23rd march
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2012.......
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Line 319 MITESHKAPADIA
Biometrics request received September 25.
On same day these status also changed.
E-case status : Sponsorship Application Status - in process
Permanent Residence Application Status - in process

Reactions: robertp

blueGanimed

Jun 15, 2019
the reason for requesting this document to see if you received Regular EI or Special Benefit EI - If there is a regular EI they will deduct from your total income (Line 150) and check the financial eligibility - If there was a Special Benefit They will consider Line 150 (with out any deduction)
Could you please give me the source of your answer?
Because I called CIC and he said T4E is enough to prove your income. There is no way to realize why you got EI. On the other hand, EI is taxable and considered as your income.
Thanks