VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2012.......
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Reactions: robertp

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Could you please give me the source of your answer?
Because I called CIC and he said T4E is enough to prove your income. There is no way to realize why you got EI. On the other hand, EI is taxable and considered as your income.
Thanks
This issue was discussed over 100+ times so far.

For PGP purpose, if you have EI due to unemployment, regardless it shows on line 150 and you pay taxes, they will deduct that to check your income eligibility. Due to the IRCC act governs the PGP process. If you have a EI due to maternity or parental leave, it will be counted towards the income. We already have a rejection in the tracker due to this EI issue.

Reactions: DC1018

RAHULPG

Aug 14, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp
My mother got accepted for the PGP 2019 and passed the medicals on 29/08/2019.
I am going to India for vacation next week and return on november 10th.Is that ok if I apply and bring her here on visitor visa .
Please advice.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Could you please give me the source of your answer?
Because I called CIC and he said T4E is enough to prove your income. There is no way to realize why you got EI. On the other hand, EI is taxable and considered as your income.
Thanks
His replied is correct and CIC answers correct too cause t4e shows which EI you received, whether Special EI or regular.

blueGanimed

Jun 15, 2019
His replied is correct and CIC answers correct too cause t4e shows which EI you received, whether Special EI or regular.
Guys thanks for your reply regards EI. I was just wondering how I can prove that I didn't get regular EI because there is no official document other than T4E and I sent to CIC. Based on your replies, it will be enough and there is no issue.

P.S
IS IT OK TO SEND REQUESTED DOCUMENTS VIA THE " Case Specific Enquiry form" INSTEAD OF REGULAR MAIL?
I sent T4E online and with mail together but want to make sure in case if they ask for another documents.

THANKS

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Guys thanks for your reply regards EI. I was just wondering how I can prove that I didn't get regular EI because there is no official document other than T4E and I sent to CIC. Based on your replies, it will be enough and there is no issue.

P.S
IS IT OK TO SEND REQUESTED DOCUMENTS VIA THE " Case Specific Enquiry form" INSTEAD OF REGULAR MAIL?
I sent T4E online and with mail together but want to make sure in case if they ask for another documents.

THANKS
My sister received EI for maternity leave in 2017,2018 and her T4E ( I believe this is what IRCC needing). On the regular EI shows nothing only shows the total EI paid .

blueGanimed

Jun 15, 2019
My sister received EI for maternity leave in 2017,2018 and her T4E ( I believe this is what IRCC needing). On the regular EI shows nothing only shows the total EI paid .
True! I just talked to my accountant regards the boxes in T4E. He said we just see the total benefits in box 14 which is taxable. But unfortunately, he was not sure about information regards special benefits or regular EI.

In case, if someone already sent documents (T4E or something else) to prove that, please share his/her experience here. For me this is crucial.
Thanks

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
True! I just talked to my accountant regards the boxes in T4E. He said we just see the total benefits in box 14 which is taxable. But unfortunately, he was not sure about information regards special benefits or regular EI.

In case, if someone already sent documents (T4E or something else) to prove that, please share his/her experience here. For me this is crucial.
Thanks
But what did you receive?? You can chekc it is counted or not counted. Just name what EI you received

blueGanimed

Jun 15, 2019
But what did you receive?? You can chekc it is counted or not counted. Just name what EI you received
CIC asked to prove that. just naming is not a prove.

Special Benefits (ESDC): For the period specified (2016, 2017), provide proof of
special benefits income from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada confirming
maternity, parental, compassionate care, or sickness benefits
This is exactly in the letter.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
CIC asked to prove that. just naming is not a prove.

Special Benefits (ESDC): For the period specified (2016, 2017), provide proof of
special benefits income from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada confirming
maternity, parental, compassionate care, or sickness benefits
This is exactly in the letter.
But what did you/ your spouse receive for that period time?? At least it shows on your assessment?? Did you receive any benefits other than special mentioned above??

blueGanimed

Jun 15, 2019
But what did you/ your spouse receive for that period time?? At least it shows on your assessment?? Did you receive any benefits other than special mentioned above??
No it didn't show. I just called Service Canada and he told me that with T4E you cannot prove which type of EI you got. You have to login on your online page and there is "My Past Claims" and you can find in details information of your EI.

So, I believe that I must re send a copy of this document to CIC now!!

And, Please someone let me know if it is acceptable to send it online with "Case Specific Enquiry form" link provided in the letter or I must send it by mail?

Many thanks

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
No it didn't show. I just called Service Canada and he told me that with T4E you cannot prove which type of EI you got. You have to login on your online page and there is "My Past Claims" and you can find in details information of your EI.

And, Please someone let me know if it is acceptable to send it online with "Case Specific Enquiry form" link provided in the letter or I must send it by mail?

Many thanks
Online is ok...

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015

Many thanks
Lol I mean you did not remember what you receive for that period of time?? How much did you receive?? If you or your spouse gave birth, it could be Special EI, dont tell me you dont know when you/spouse gave birth