+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello fellow applicants,

I know I have read this before, but I couldn’t find it on the thread. My dad just had his medical last August for his visa extension. Today, I received an email saying that he needs to do medicals for his application for family sponsorship. What should I do?
Do I have to call IRCC first?
Or do the medical?

Thank you in advance for the answers.
IME is valid for 12 months

Reactions: lilypotbantot

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All,

Did IRCC recently changed the mycic page?? I don't see the tracker anymore, its showing only the documents that they have requested (IME & Bio).

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Did anyone apply for US visitor visa for parents from Calgary?
I am just planning as my file is stuck in process for 1.5 month, and I need my parents to come here. So i am thinking if in another couple of weeks, I don’t get any update (specifically bio request), I might go with this alternative option of US visa and do the bio in US.

- Is it possible to apply online before parents land here and try to get the soonest available appointment? Do they mind that they just came here and now they are applying for US visa. (They have visited last year though)
- Do they allow a translator i.e. if I can go with them?
- What documents should be required to show the ties etc? Or I can just show my bank statement to sponsor their trip.
- My mom has brother in US, can we mention that she is going to visit him?
- Is it easy to get the visa being here on super visa?

Please if someone could share their experience, i’d really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance :)

gayfish

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Can you please share SG AoR letter (removing all personal info)
Here you go - yes, there are a couple of typos, but that's how it is straight from myCIC, believe it or not...lol

Dear XXX:
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by the Singapore Migration Office on XXX.
When should I contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)?
You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
 Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
 Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
 Decision to withdraw your application
Use the IRCC Webform to notify IRCC of changes to your application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
When will IRCC contact me?
IRCC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, visit our website at www.canada.ca/immigration.
How do I check the status of my application?
To check the statsu of your application, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html.
Migration Section - Service de la migration
One George Street, #11-01 Singapore 049145
www.singapore.gc.ca
How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.
How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
 For information on language assessment and training, visit https://www.immigrant-education.ca/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgo_6vLDj4gIVmIvICh0ybwKLEAAYAyAAEgI-ufD_BwE
 For information on employment, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/prepare-work/credential-assessment.html and https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home
 For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/new-life-canada.html
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.
This is a computer-generated letter which requires no signature.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Did anyone apply for US visitor visa for parents from Calgary?
I am just planning as my file is stuck in process for 1.5 month, and I need my parents to come here. So i am thinking if in another couple of weeks, I don’t get any update (specifically bio request), I might go with this alternative option of US visa and do the bio in US.

- Is it possible to apply online before parents land here and try to get the soonest available appointment? Do they mind that they just came here and now they are applying for US visa. (They have visited last year though)
- Do they allow a translator i.e. if I can go with them?
- What documents should be required to show the ties etc? Or I can just show my bank statement to sponsor their trip.
- My mom has brother in US, can we mention that she is going to visit him?
- Is it easy to get the visa being here on super visa?

Please if someone could share their experience, i’d really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance :)
I applied from Calgary but didn't receive BIO request at the end !!!

1. Yes its possible to apply online and they just need to submit DS form with photo.
2. This is tricky as officer may or may not be convinced why they want USA visa right after landing in Canada. I waited atleast couple of months before applying and reason was sightseeing / shopping / holiday trip
3. They will ask if applicant want a translator and will provide themselves
4. Itinerary , letter of support, bank statement and whatever will support application. They didn't ask or looked at any of the documents for my parent and visa was granted within 5 mins.
5. Its your call if you want to show family in USA and might need more documents / invite letter from your uncle
6. Nothing is predictable with USA consulate and purely depends on officer. My mom was also on supervisa but as I said, we waited for a while before applying.
My advice wait to see if you get BIO request or ask your parents to get USA visa from home country. It might be red flag for consulate, if you want to apply USA visa prior to landing in Canada or just right after.
Good luck

Reactions: calgary17

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
@robertp
Please update Application received on June 03,2019.
I am not able to link my application as I applied through a lawyer. But I’ve also applied for citizenship this year. So when I check my citizenship application status using citizenship application no., it shows my both applications PGP 2019 (received on june 03) & Citizenship :) No AoR yet.

Reactions: robertp

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
@robertp
Please update Application received on June 03,2019.
I am not able to link my application as I applied through a lawyer. But I’ve also applied for citizenship this year. So when I check my citizenship application status using citizenship application no., it shows my both applications PGP 2019 (received on june 03) & Citizenship :) No AoR yet.
Line 424

Reactions: robertp

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I applied from Calgary but didn't receive BIO request at the end !!!

1. Yes its possible to apply online and they just need to submit DS form with photo.
2. This is tricky as officer may or may not be convinced why they want USA visa right after landing in Canada. I waited atleast couple of months before applying and reason was sightseeing / shopping / holiday trip
3. They will ask if applicant want a translator and will provide themselves
4. Itinerary , letter of support, bank statement and whatever will support application. They didn't ask or looked at any of the documents for my parent and visa was granted within 5 mins.
5. Its your call if you want to show family in USA and might need more documents / invite letter from your uncle
6. Nothing is predictable with USA consulate and purely depends on officer. My mom was also on supervisa but as I said, we waited for a while before applying.
My advice wait to see if you get BIO request or ask your parents to get USA visa from home country. It might be red flag for consulate, if you want to apply USA visa prior to landing in Canada or just right after.
Good luck

Thank you for the detailed information !
Did your parents did bio in the past or you had their home address as of Canada when you sent the application? I mean what was the reason for not getting the bio.

In my case, my parents never did bio in the past and also I just gave mailing address of Canada and the home address from back home, so i think i’ll get the request.

krsna05

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-8-2014
Doc's Request.
12-5-2015
Med's Request
26-5-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015 TLU
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
@YULIA-2016 @robertp Seniors please help in Medical related question:

My father has high Blood pressure and sugar issues from say 10 years now. He takes medicine regularly.

Q1. Do you think it will impact medical results
Q2. Shall he take his regular medicine before test

Q3. Can anyone share experience at SADHU VISWANI MEDICAL CENTRE at NEW DELHI

Thanks and regards

Last edited:

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Did your parents did bio in the past or you had their home address as of Canada when you sent the application? I mean what was the reason for not getting the bio.

In my case, my parents never did bio in the past and also I just gave mailing address of Canada and the home address from back home, so i think i’ll get the request.
My mom never did BIO and she was here when we submitted applications with Canadian mailing address. I don't know what was the reason as it is so weird and random. They send file to NDVO for processing through I was expecting CIC Mississauga as we filled representative form as well.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017

I will add, you can be the translator for your parents. Just tell them they feel more comfortable with you.

Reactions: calgary17