Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp @YULIA-2016
Please update line 425
PR application linked to my CIC account today, September 18
The PR application is the only one that is possible to track through my CIC account, correct? For sponsorship application progress only ECAS is available, correct?
Thanks for clarifying!
You can link Only PR application to myCIC . Sponsorship application not link to myCIC

Check ecas to know status of your both application

Reactions: padillag.tati

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks mate!
a) Does family unit include parents? I thought it's only you, your spouse and your children/dependant.
b) 4 in my Wife's form too? She won't co-sign my parents application. She would only sponsor 2 people (her parents)
Would really worry after you see what the requirements will be for PGP 2020. There will definitely be changes after this year. You may not even qualify for next year, Depending on who wins the election there could be some significant changes. Would not worry about minute details until then.

Canada_Super

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hi everyone, hope you all are doing great. I have a question and need all of your kind expertise.

My parents are visiting here with me on SuperVisa from bangladesh. If we get their medical request for PR while they are in Canada, can they do the medical here in Canada. If yes, then where they can do it. We are in Toronto.

Thanks for looking into this.
Once when you get Medical request , in the Medical Request the instructions will give the doctors on the panel as well as at what place . So it won't be difficult for you .

Reactions: maverick

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Hi guys,

I am planning on sponsoring my parents next year and also co-signing my spouse's parents the same year. I have a few questions about the process and Interest to Sponsor form. Look for guidance on them.

1.) I understand that I need to meet MNI numbers for 3 consecutive years. Is this gross before tax? And what is the significance of LICO then?
2.) We would be filling 2 interest to sponsor forms - one for my parents and one for my spouse's parents. However, in the form there are 2 questions:
a) How many family members in your family unit? I believe the answer to this is 2 for both forms. Right?
b) How many people do you want to sponsor? I am not sure what to write here. My wife would not co sign my parents application since my income can support them. So in her form shoild she only write 2 (her parents)?. And I would be co-signing her parents, so should I write 2 or 4?.

Thanks!
HI
Check following, according to current rules:
1.) I understand that I need to meet MNI numbers for 3 consecutive years. Is this gross before tax? And what is the significance of LICO then? Your income has to meet 3 previous years as well as for the time your application is in process. LICO is something that government set every year as a lowest income requirement for a person to live in Canada. LICO increases each year according to inflation. LICO + 30% = MNI this is how you get MNI.
2.) We would be filling 2 interest to sponsor forms - one for my parents and one for my spouse's parents. However, in the form there are 2 questions:
a) How many family members in your family unit? I believe the answer to this is 2 for both forms. Right? Yes, 2 if you do not have kids. Otherwise count kids too.
b) How many people do you want to sponsor? I am not sure what to write here. My wife would not co sign my parents application since my income can support them. So in her form shoild she only write 2 (her parents)?. And I would be co-signing her parents, so should I write 2 or 4?.For your wife it will be 2 and for you it will be 4 (add kids too if you have in both of your cases).

R

Ron_13

Provided the EOI process remain the same.
I am not emphasizing on EOI. Importance is about count siof family unit and no of people you are sponsoring given his situation of sponsoring both husband and wife parents. If you can't help someone just ignore and let someone else guide them. He didn't specifically ask you. Did he?

Reactions: maleeksha

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
@robertp @YULIA-2016 please update
User: jayeshaminnew#1 Sponsor and applicant file in process sep 18th
Also bio request same day

Reactions: robertp

mpsb07

May 27, 2019
Would like to apply for an extension for my Moms visit visa (6 months expiring mid November) to help her in the whole process.
What's the reason I can give for extension... just that her PR file is in ?

R

Ron_13

Because it's irrelevant to this thread. There are a general forum and people can post all sorts of issues there.

Also, I advised him to check later this year..it was not rude and was practical advice. By knowing what to fill at this time of the year will not do any help to him in Jan 2020.
Probably you need to brush up your English a little. Because you are missing the whole point of discussion. You are no one to decide which forum he has to use. He asked and I answered. End of discussion. Get back to your life bud.

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Question pls re medicals:

1.father (not the principal applicant) is currently hoapotalized due to congestive heart failure but is on recovery period now..will it cause inadmissibility?
2. what is the best way to pass the medicals? can parents go to a different clinic and have all the tests first to make sure then go to the CIC assigned doctor and have the "final" tests there?
3.what happens if there is abnormal blood test? or result, will they request re test or will you be disqualified?

tnx pls
1. If condition is stable then no concern as far as any further surgery or hospitalization is not required
2. Totally your choice, it will not change anything as results of test will remain the same.
3. Any abnormal or un-acceptable test result will not cause inadmissibility until is not one of listed inadmissible decease. Your parents will get further exam or test requests if medical panel of IRCC thinks that is required after seeing initial medical report of Panel Physician.

Reactions: calgary17