+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

maxCoder

Aug 21, 2013
That's true. Your questions are more of generic sponsorship questions. This will remain same no matter how process changes they do because this are related to LICO requirement.
1. Gross income
2. a) family unit includes you, your spouse, kids if any, parents, parents in law and their dependants. Because you are filling 2 interest forms so time being you have to include all of them. Say you got selected and your wife didn't then your in your paper application, family unit includes all minus her parents and parents dependants.
b) 4 plus any dependants in each of your interest to sponsor forms.
If you only got selected later on, then in actual application you write 2 plus any dependants.
Thanks mate!
a) Does family unit include parents? I thought it's only you, your spouse and your children/dependant.
b) 4 in my Wife's form too? She won't co-sign my parents application. She would only sponsor 2 people (her parents)

Last edited:

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
You should read the questions carefully before shooting down people. Ignorance is through the roof.
Atleast you agree ignorance is through the roof

anibee

Dec 5, 2018
Hi everyone, my mother in law’s application was received in Ottawa on June 25th. I know that one of the forms has an error because we did the electronic signature when it was supposed to be handwritten. We haven’t received any reply or email yet, is there any way to receive an update or check the status? Should I be concerned?
Do they send an email first or do they just mail a document to the sponsored person? Thank you!

Rumi01

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Hello, I am still not able to link application to "My CIC" account. I have received AOR yesterday. Do I need to link the application to the "Principal applicant (my father) account" or I (as sponsor) can link it to my account. Can anyone please help me with this?

R

Ron_13

Thanks mate!
a) Does family unit include parents? I thought it's only you, your spouse and your children/dependant.
b) 4 in my Wife's form too? She won't co-sign my parents application. She would only sponsor 2 people (her parents)
1. Family unit includes everyone for interest to sponsor form purposes. When you link an existing paper application online they ask you the same question but your dependants are not included in the answer. So the process here is so vague.
2. My bad. Answer is 2 plus any dependants in each of your interest to sponsor forms.
And first name, last name and DOB of the person's you sponsor.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
That's true. Your questions are more of generic sponsorship questions. This will remain same no matter how process changes they do because this are related to LICO requirement.
1. Gross income
2. a) family unit includes you, your spouse, kids if any, parents, parents in law and their dependants. Because you are filling 2 interest forms so time being you have to include all of them. Say you got selected and your wife didn't then your in your paper application, family unit includes all minus her parents and parents dependants.
b) 4 plus any dependants in each of your interest to sponsor forms.
If you only got selected later on, then in actual application you write 2 plus any dependants.
Provided the EOI process remain the same.

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Has anyone received snail mail from CIC ?

My parents application is linked to mycic.
In their ecas, the home address is from home country and mailing is mine from Canada.
Is there any chance they would send mail? Even if they do, it would be to the mailing address which is mine?
My parents changed their home address, and i sent a webform to update it but they never updated it.
I just don’t feel like sending it again as my application is already stuck in process since Aug 08.
Any suggestions?
Same to me .but I don’t update (permanent address at home country and mailing address in Canada)my application Olso is already stuck in process since Aug 23.

Last edited:
Reactions: calgary17

maverick

Mar 31, 2009
Hi everyone, hope you all are doing great. I have a question and need all of your kind expertise.

My parents are visiting here with me on SuperVisa from bangladesh. If we get their medical request for PR while they are in Canada, can they do the medical here in Canada. If yes, then where they can do it. We are in Toronto.

Thanks for looking into this.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi everyone, hope you all are doing great. I have a question and need all of your kind expertise.

My parents are visiting here with me on SuperVisa from bangladesh. If we get their medical request for PR while they are in Canada, can they do the medical here in Canada. If yes, then where they can do it. We are in Toronto.

Thanks for looking into this.
Yes