+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Jespr2021

Aug 1, 2021
HI,
I would like to know if the dependent applicant can travel to Canada after receiving the COPR and ppr without the primary applicant (parents sponsorship). In this case the primary applicant will not be able to travel due to medical issues ,but the dependent can travel before the copr expires .
Do let me know is there any workarounds or any clarification at the border will work with required documentation

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
HI,
I would like to know if the dependent applicant can travel to Canada after receiving the COPR and ppr without the primary applicant (parents sponsorship). In this case the primary applicant will not be able to travel due to medical issues ,but the dependent can travel before the copr expires .
Do let me know is there any workarounds or any clarification at the border will work with required documentation
Hi @Jespr2021,
Yah, in a typically the primary applicant would need to land first followed by dependent who can land together or at a later time. But yes, I did come across somewhere where the primary applicant was no longer able to travel and was followed up by IRCC to allow the dependent to travel. Again, it is a time taking process but such scenario has happened.

haffi47

May 22, 2018
Hi, I sponsored my mother May 2018 and still waiting. Now my family size increased as I got a baby and I am on parental now. My question is as sponsor the decision made and there’s no change in applicant’s situation so
1: should I inform about the family size change?
2: The visa office is LVO but the last email I got is from Niagara office, where should I inform London or Niagara?
Any helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got the Medical requests for my parents last Friday August 6th, please update the excel sheet.
Experience fellows, my father was diagnostic this year with cancer, does this affect on their decision.
Please note that my father informed the doctor during the visit and gave him all the documents that showed he started the treatment.

Thank you

Last edited:

qaiserf

May 8, 2012
Hello Friends

I have an urgent question and need some valuable advice.

I sponsored my mother ( who is 92 years old) in Pakistan and she has now received a medical letter again from IRCC to be completed within 30 days or otherwise, the case would be cancelled. Currently, her health is not good enough to go through medical exams.

What would be our best option to delayed that medical exams!

should I book a medical exam and later cancelled and update IRCC about it to delay the medical exam,

Kindly provide me with your valuable advice to handle this situation.

regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I sponsored my mother May 2018 and still waiting. Now my family size increased as I got a baby and I am on parental now. My question is as sponsor the decision made and there’s no change in applicant’s situation so
1: should I inform about the family size change?
2: The visa office is LVO but the last email I got is from Niagara office, where should I inform London or Niagara?
Any helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks
Yes you must send a webform updating IRCC that you’ve had a baby. Any family composition changes must be communicated to IRCC.

Reactions: haffi47

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Friends

I have an urgent question and need some valuable advice.

I sponsored my mother ( who is 92 years old) in Pakistan and she has now received a medical letter again from IRCC to be completed within 30 days or otherwise, the case would be cancelled. Currently, her health is not good enough to go through medical exams.

What would be our best option to delayed that medical exams!

should I book a medical exam and later cancelled and update IRCC about it to delay the medical exam,

Kindly provide me with your valuable advice to handle this situation.

regards
This is a tough situation because she must complete the remedical for the application to move forward. Have you contacted the doctor’s offices to see when they booking appointments? If they are actively seeing people without any wait period I’m not sure that you will be able to get any type of extension. Normally extensions are not granted. If people are unable to book an appointment until after the 30 day time period because doctors are so busy that there are no appointments until after the 30 days people send in a webform and it is usually not an issue because IRCC is usually aware that the doctors in the area are all fully booked. Will she be able to do the medical if she had 45-60 days to complete it? I think that there is also good chance she may need to do further testing if she has health issues so further appointments may be necessary. Is this a longterm health change? If so I fear that she may not pass the medical. If she can’t do the medical close to the 30 day time limit you can certainly ask for an extension and use covid as an excuse but there are no guarantees that you’ll be given an extension. Without covid I would say almost zero chance but you never know. IRCC wants files to move forward or they will cancel the application.

Also think your mother is probably in her mid 80s not 92 based on your previous post since she was 82 in 2019.

Kuldeep_Singh

Dec 31, 2017
Hello friends - do we need to provide Consent Form at VFS New Delhi during Biometric Enrollment for Parents ? Any ideas on where we can find the form and pre-fill it ? Or is it filled during the appointment itself ?

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Received a second medical request yesterday.
Although we had received the second medical request June.
My father went through the medical on Sep 8th.
I hope he receives the passport request soon.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
This is a tough situation because she must complete the remedical for the application to move forward. Have you contacted the doctor’s offices to see when they booking appointments? If they are actively seeing people without any wait period I’m not sure that you will be able to get any type of extension. Normally extensions are not granted. If people are unable to book an appointment until after the 30 day time period because doctors are so busy that there are no appointments until after the 30 days people send in a webform and it is usually not an issue because IRCC is usually aware that the doctors in the area are all fully booked. Will she be able to do the medical if she had 45-60 days to complete it? I think that there is also good chance she may need to do further testing if she has health issues so further appointments may be necessary. Is this a longterm health change? If so I fear that she may not pass the medical. If she can’t do the medical close to the 30 day time limit you can certainly ask for an extension and use covid as an excuse but there are no guarantees that you’ll be given an extension. Without covid I would say almost zero chance but you never know. IRCC wants files to move forward or they will cancel the application.

Also think your mother is probably in her mid 80s not 92 based on your previous post since she was 82 in 2019.
I did not ask for an extension as my father just wont agree to go through the medical again.... :) I did the medical after about 3 months. I am not sure how will this be treated...

Never_give_up

Nov 20, 2018
Hello Friends,

I am logging to this forum after long time. Just need some advise regarding my case. I have a strange situation right now, I was waiting for re-medical letter for my parents. They did there medical 1.5 years ago that has expired in Jan 2021 Instead today i got the email from IRCC for PPR information.
I need some advise, will i receive re-medical from IRCC or they will ask the passport directly. Any one has the same issues as mine?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Hello Friends,

I am logging to this forum after long time. Just need some advise regarding my case. I have a strange situation right now, I was waiting for re-medical letter for my parents. They did there medical 1.5 years ago that has expired in Jan 2021 Instead today i got the email from IRCC for PPR information.
I need some advise, will i receive re-medical from IRCC or they will ask the passport directly. Any one has the same issues as mine?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Reed my previous posts . This happened to me as well but it was followed by a re-medical request. We did the medical after 3 months instead of within a month and I received the request for passport yesterday. Will post timelines shortly

Reactions: Can150

anand_r

Jul 24, 2011
Medical and Biometrics done (in Mumbai, India), can anyone please advice what the next steps would be and how long is the typical time to the next step?

much appreciated.

Fred200a

Feb 20, 2017
Hello, Please i need your help.
So i just got an invitation to apply for PGS 2021, I realized that my parent passports have expired and getting a new passport might take more than 60 days, can i use the expired passport to apply for now and project IRCC with passport update when they get the new passport.
Kindly help please.