+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
2018 applicant here from Quebec. Still waiting for PA DM.
I wonder what can be the reason 2019 applicant are getting PPR request and not 2018?
Does anyone know why is it like that?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
2018 applicant here from Quebec. Still waiting for PA DM.
I wonder what can be the reason 2019 applicant are getting PPR request and not 2018?
Does anyone know why is it like that?
Same. 2018 applicant, still waiting for PPR or COPR. Haven't heard anything since we provided police clearance in June.
:(
And now my MIL may not finish the landing because of some health issue. This totally sucks. Only if they keep working on the file like 2019 applicants, she would have landed months ago.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Same. 2018 applicant, still waiting for PPR or COPR. Haven't heard anything since we provided police clearance in June.
And now my MIL may not finish the landing because of some health issue. This totally sucks. Only if they keep working on the file like 2019 applicants, she would have landed months ago.
I order atip notes as someone suggested this might help file move to the next stage.
Hope this will help. Good luck.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Our file is also stuck after giving pcc around 3 months back. Tried ordering notes but even that is pending now for over 120 days!
No way. 120 days for atip notes??? I was expecting them within 30 business days. I sent request 3 weeks ago. So sad.

Btw my MIL will have to travel back to India and she doesn’t have visa for Canada anymore. What would happen if she get PPR request? Her current mailing address is in Canada. And does every applicant gets a medical request?
Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No way. 120 days for atip notes??? I was expecting them within 30 business days. I sent request 3 weeks ago. So sad.

Btw my MIL will have to travel back to India and she doesn’t have visa for Canada anymore. What would happen if she get PPR request? Her current mailing address is in Canada. And does every applicant gets a medical request?
Thanks.
Yes. All applicant gets a meidcal request and must passed medical. My MIL passed it back in April 2019.

You will need to update her address once she travels back home.

Reactions: MineshPatel

kumark

Apr 1, 2009

Thanks.

I think you don't need to update address. I used Canadian address for my mom but she is in India. I got PPR and in that there is option saying if applicant is in Canada they she can send passport to Ottawa and if she in India she can send passport to New Delhi by VFS.

Last edited:
Reactions: MineshPatel

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Are you using gckey account to track the progress? If yes, do you still see the progress bar on top? Mine has disappeared since start of this month, not that it was particularly useful as it was just giving a 2 year timeline for everyone.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Are you using gckey account to track the progress? If yes, do you still see the progress bar on top? Mine has disappeared since start of this month, not that it was particularly useful as it was just giving a 2 year timeline for everyone.
Gckey and ecas status i use both. Yes the progress bar disappeared for me as well.

AKhanW

Star Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello Admin,
Could you please assist me, that can I apply for a super visa and immigration/sponsorship (from Pakistan) both together for my father in law and mother in law?
Thanks,

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Our file is also stuck after giving pcc around 3 months back. Tried ordering notes but even that is pending now for over 120 days!
It it is more than the expected time. You can always reach to privacy commissioner office. That information is in the email when you submit the request

Thanks

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Gckey and ecas status i use both. Yes the progress bar disappeared for me as well.
Maybe a system glitch then if it disappeared for all of us.

I hope you get your notes soon. I applied once in the past and got it on time (31st day) but this one is just stuck even after following up twice.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
It it is more than the expected time. You can always reach to privacy commissioner office. That information is in the email when you submit the request

Thanks
Thanks, I’ll try that. When I followed up with atip email, I got an acknowledgement that it is delayed and will be fast tracked. It was a month back, so much for the “fast track”.

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
I guess your application is approved. I got the same thing too. If I check the status of application using general form, it says decision made. If i go in gckey there is no progress and it still shows in progress. I think your application is done.

check your application status at following link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html