+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

MoeS

Oct 11, 2018
@YULIA-2016 Could you please update row 239 - my parents received the request for a copy of their passports and photos on Nov 25, 2019 and they submitted the documents on Dec 3, 2019.

Based on the other entries, it appears that it will take less than a month to receive the COPR document. They plan to move to Canada after the winter is over so it may be 5-6 months after they receive the COPR - is there any issue with this? I read that the COPR is valid for one year after the date of the medical test, so hopefully that is ok but if not, they can change their plan to move sooner.
Just as FYI - My parent's COPR and Visa were issued a week ago (Nov. 26th) and they are valid for entry until April 14, 2020. Almost 5-month validation. I don't think you get one year...they are usually valid until the month that you were requested to submit your Medicals. Because apparently medicals are valid for one year.

toronto139

Apr 17, 2019
Just as FYI - My parent's COPR and Visa were issued a week ago (Nov. 26th) and they are valid for entry until April 14, 2020. Almost 5-month validation. I don't think you get one year...they are usually valid until the month that you were requested to submit your Medicals. Because apparently medicals are valid for one year.
Thank you, that's very helpful. So it's not one year after the date of the medical test but it's one year after the deadline for the medical test (which would be later than I thought, especially since they requested a re-medical).

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thank you, that's very helpful. So it's not one year after the date of the medical test but it's one year after the deadline for the medical test (which would be later than I thought, especially since they requested a re-medical).
It is valid to the month of the “first” medical exam - not the follow up exams.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Question for ppl who have completed their landing if still are active here. (@YULIA-2016 )
For your parent's asset declaration, I have the BSFA form that needed to be completed. But is there also a sample available that you can share so I get an idea of how to complete the jewellery section etc. ? I wanna know how detail you need to prep this information (pictures, stamps, SN# etc.)

Thanks.
are you kidding? I didn't do that, their assets - their assets, Canada shouldn't care about it :)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
@YULIA-2016 Could you please update row 239 - my parents received the request for a copy of their passports and photos on Nov 25, 2019 and they submitted the documents on Dec 3, 2019.

Based on the other entries, it appears that it will take less than a month to receive the COPR document. They plan to move to Canada after the winter is over so it may be 5-6 months after they receive the COPR - is there any issue with this? I read that the COPR is valid for one year after the date of the medical test, so hopefully that is ok but if not, they can change their plan to move sooner.
they can landing till Aug 2020 or while passport with visa is valid ;)

ejirostephen

Jun 7, 2012
Hello,
Processing super visa for my parents. Medical results came up as a bit higher than normal +10/+10 systole and diastole respectively. Can this in any way affect the final decision or they will be asked to go in for further tests. Thanks.

pgp20182nd

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Hello,
Processing super visa for my parents. Medical results came up as a bit higher than normal +10/+10 systole and diastole respectively. Can this in any way affect the final decision or they will be asked to go in for further tests. Thanks.
That is nothing. IMHO, +10/+10 systole and diastole is not an issue at all, peoples BP varies.

In a rare situation, the doctor might want to see whether they are being treated for this or taking medication if BP is above normal. Consult a Doctor, take medication if necessary. Otherwise keep the paper of consultation and Bob's your uncle!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello,
blood pressure is not a problem, only cancer, kidney or lungs issues

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that for VISA cancellation they are required to inform the visa holder , call him/her in person for interview and then physically stamp the VISA as Cancelled.Lets assume for a minute that the VISA got cancelled but there was no communication to my consultant or to the applicant in person advising not to travel.(My fathers VISA is valid till 2025 though). Kindly suggest.
You are right. But this is "Your understanding". Means this is how you think.

First of all your understanding may not be correct. May be you don't know the complete process of VISA cancellation of CIC. Secondly they may have tried to inform visa holder. The email address given at that time may not be working anymore. May be email got in spam/junk folder or CIC may not have email address at all on file. or CIC may have tried calling phone number on file and that may not be correct. May be your consultant was informed but your consultant never told you.

So what i am trying to say is, there are lots of dynamics here. There could be anything. Who knows, Air line did a mistake and they cancelled the VISA for the wrong person. It is all my assumptions. I am not Immigration/VISA consultant. I may be wrong.

Need to find out, why the VISA has been cancelled. Only CIC or Airline can tell. I believe it may be your right to know that from Airline as well as CIC.

So if would be you, I would contact Airline, both by phone and email asking the reason for Cancellation? also contacting CIC

Again, I am not expert in this matter. Just trying to help you out. I would say also search google, for "Visitor Visa to Canada Cancelled" or "Visa Cancelled by Airline" OR "Visa Cancelled by Airline Candavisa forums". You may found the correct forums here where someone know more about it and help you.

This forum is for Parents Grant Parents sponsorship. May be there is a forum for Visa Cancellation on this web site.

Hope this would help

Thanks

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
My parents application was approved today in CIC Ottawa, return tracking for fedex hasnt been activated.

The status says 'your action is required', and check messages for details but I havent received any messages.

In the document upload section, it shows passport upload required. Im not sure if this was there when I received PPR. Does anyone know what the next action usually is or if they ask to upload passport scans?

Thanks!

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
My parents application was approved today in CIC Ottawa, return tracking for fedex hasnt been activated.

The status says 'your action is required', and check messages for details but I havent received any messages.

In the document upload section, it shows passport upload required. Im not sure if this was there when I received PPR. Does anyone know what the next action usually is or if they ask to upload passport scans?

Thanks!
They don't ask you to upload copies of passports unless they need the updated ones. What they want is your parents passports in mail. So, I'm not exactly sure what you meant by "return Fedex hasn't been activated". Have you sent them your parents passports already?

Normally, CIC will send a "passport request letter" and you can find it on your online account (MyCiC). That document will tell you where and what to documents to send. Check your MyCiC/GCKey account and see if there is another PDF in there. If you see "decision made" status today, it could take a day or more to see the passport request letter.

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013