+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

I have been invited to apply under Parents sponsorship 2019. I decided to ask this thread a question as it is senior in terms of knowledge and experience.

I am sponsoring my parents. I do not have a birth certificate. What other document can I use in lieu of a birth certificate?
I was thinking of using a copy of my passport (As it has my parents full name on it). Would this be the right thing to do?

Please guide. I appreciate all responses in advance!

eila

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/05/2015
AOR Received.
aor 2 - aug. 12, '15
File Transfer...
31/07/2015
Med's Done....
20/04/2015
This form is not required if you do not have additional dependents. In the checklist, just do not check the box against this form.
Thank you. :)

aasulman

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Hi All,

I have been invited to apply under Parents sponsorship 2019. I decided to ask this thread a question as it is senior in terms of knowledge and experience.

I am sponsoring my parents. I do not have a birth certificate. What other document can I use in lieu of a birth certificate?
I was thinking of using a copy of my passport (As it has my parents full name on it). Would this be the right thing to do?

Please guide. I appreciate all responses in advance!
A birth certificate is a strong evidence, but if you do not have one,you may consider using the passport. However, the passport will not have your parents's date of births, which is another challenge. If you use your passport, then I suggest that you include a letter to IRCC explaining why you do not have a birth certificate. When you came to Canada, what document did you use instead of birth certificate? If you had a birth certificate when you came to Canada, IRCC may request that you provide the same, and if you lost it, you may have to get it reissued.

aasulman

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Hi, Please advise I am filling Financial evaluation form and I have self employed income too. My self employed gross income is $5,000 (line 162 of Notice of Assessment), but my net self employed income included in line 150 is 4,000 for 2017. Which number I should write in Financial evaluation form $5,000 or $4,000. Thank you
hello, which form are you trying to fill out? please share the form number. Usually, it clearly states, what line amount should be used. If you can share the form number, I can try to help you more.

honhon

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
oh lord.... my

what does your ECAS show right now?
In ECAS, the status still shows in progress and added a sentence that medical results have been received when click into details. But when sign in GCKey, the current status beside "review of medical results" shows that you pass the medical exam.
:)

sim67

Jun 15, 2015
Hi Guys,

We got a request to submit travel history for parents and this is what the form states:

"Please provide below details of all travel outside of your country of nationality undertaken by you and your family members, including transit through another country (use reverse of page also if required). This information must also be provided for any child over the age of 18 who has travelled abroad. Please sign and date the form."

My Parents have visited Canada 3 times and they had layovers each time somewhere in Europe. We can't remember the exact dates of the layovers or places. Do we need to mention these on the form?

Local visa office is New Delhi.

@YULIA-2016 Please update the spreadsheet, Line #76. we got this request, medical request,RPRF request and PCC request on April 17th

Last edited:
Reactions: YULIA-2016

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
Hello everybody, I have a question, hopefully somebody could help. Since I am submitting my parents application this year, should I fill the Use of a Representative form? If so, what should I write in question 7: Name of firm or organization(if applicable), I mean, the whole question is asking about student-at-law, supervising lawyer information. I am a little confused of where should I write my contact information. Thank you

aasulman

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Hello everybody, I have a question, hopefully somebody could help. Since I am submitting my parents application this year, should I fill the Use of a Representative form? If so, what should I write in question 7: Name of firm or organization(if applicable), I mean, the whole question is asking about student-at-law, supervising lawyer information. I am a little confused of where should I write my contact information. Thank you
Hi, that portion is not required. The first few questions are required.

aasulman

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
In ECAS, the status still shows in progress and added a sentence that medical results have been received when click into details. But when sign in GCKey, the current status beside "review of medical results" shows that you pass the medical exam.
:)
Ecas and mycic account statuses are little differently worded. Medical result is one of them.

Reactions: honhon