+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Apr 27, 2019
I recived the invitation to sponsor my mother . As supporting document, do I need to provide copy of proof of her divorce document , bachelor degree , national ID etc ? I don’t see this documents required on the checklist but I wonder if I need to send it anyways?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
hi guys, we are from 2019 PGP, could you please let us know if your parents already gave biometrics before for visitor visa and it is still valid then do you need to give them again? And if so how long after submission do you receive the biometric instruction letter? Thanks a lot!!!

rabb_di_raga

Star Member
Jun 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
Can someone please tell me if I need to submit the certified copies of my passport, my parent's passports, and my birth certificate for 2019 pgp application. The document checklist just states that photocopies are required.

Also, do I need to pay biometric fees if my parents are already in Canada on supervisa.

Thanks,

Ansuman

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2017
LANDED..........
07-05-2017
How did you submit your PCC, email?
Did the status change or was it reflected in ECAS that PCC is received?
Hey,

Sorry for a delayed reply. I have linked the paper application to online account and I got upload link in there, so uploaded the PCC, and it was too fast, just after 4 days they sent PPR.
Thanks

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I recived the invitation to sponsor my mother . As supporting document, do I need to provide copy of proof of her divorce document , bachelor degree , national ID etc ? I don’t see this documents required on the checklist but I wonder if I need to send it anyways?
You are expected to provide a marriage certificate if you are sponsoring both of them. So, in your case, divorce paper is required. If you don't send it along with your application forms, CIC will ask for it later and it will only cause delay in processing. So, just send in all the supporting documents even if they are not listed. The easier you make it for CIC to process your application, the better it is for you and your mom.

I'd say you do not need to send a copy of her degree or national ID. She's not immigrating to Canada using her education. Unless CIC needs those documents to identify her or to verify her graduation date etc, you don't need to send them.

Last edited:

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi guys,
Can someone please tell me if I need to submit the certified copies of my passport, my parent's passports, and my birth certificate for 2019 pgp application. The document checklist just states that photocopies are required.

Also, do I need to pay biometric fees if my parents are already in Canada on supervisa.

Thanks,
I didn't send the certified copies of passport. But, my birth certificate was translated and notarised because it is in a language other than the two official languages of Canada - English and French. I'd advise you do the same at least for your birth certificate. I know the checklist states photocopies are required. But, there's a section on documents that are NOT in official languages of Canada. Those documents must be translated and notarise.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabb_di_raga

aasulman

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
hi guys, we are from 2019 PGP, could you please let us know if your parents already gave biometrics before for visitor visa and it is still valid then do you need to give them again? And if so how long after submission do you receive the biometric instruction letter? Thanks a lot!!!
If it is given once, it should be good for 10 years.

aasulman

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Certified copies are not required. Also, if biometrics not required, no fees needed to be paid.

Reactions: rabb_di_raga

Perla2015

Jan 29, 2015
On Financial Evaluation for Parents form, if you never have sponsored anyone before (except your current undertaking which you are applying for), do you still need to add any info on section in 9 and 10?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
PGP 2019
Dear friends,
I have got the invitation to submit documents for my parents. My parents got their Visitor Visas in July last year when biometric was not applicable. I understand that they being from India will need to give biometric for PGP.
I will be sending completed application forms and supporting documents next week.
My parents are booked to arrive in Canada in August on Visitor Visa. If they get IRCC letter for biometric while they are in Canada, what will be the options?

Last edited:
Reactions: LianeC

Logmein

Jan 8, 2019
Hello All, I don't have my marriage certificate as I got married in INDIA recently and did not got opportunity to register it, what are my options while applying for my parent sponsorship. Also is there any specific document for my parents need to be attached

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I have a question regarding parents name on my Birth certificate or school certificate..

there is only First name ( given name) of my parents on my birth certificate and my school certificate but there is no last name at all. Both of my parent have last names on their passport. would it be ok ? or need some sort of affidavit. ? please advise.
I too have the issue of missing names on my birth certificate, could you please share what action are you taking. I am a PGP 2019 applicant.