Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
my mother sent the passport to Delhi from Bangalore VFS on 22nd of this month..
status showing - processing at the IRCC office from 24th...
That's great.. I checked VFS delhi they have Photo Booth. So my parents will go personally there and submit their passport

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
I got PCC on April 17 and status got changed on same day
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Still there is no change. However eCas status got changed to DM and in GC account status was Application/Profile updated
but there was no message change or attachment.
good man.. My part sucks. They asked my medical and PCC together. PCC submitted same day but no change after this, more then 1.5 months. Still saying we will let you know once we start your BC check. Medical all passed 2 weeks ago.

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
good man.. My part sucks. They asked my medical and PCC together. PCC submitted same day but no change after this, more then 1.5 months. Still saying we will let you know once we start your BC check. Medical all passed 2 weeks ago.
Yeah even in my case officer just issued the Medical on March 7 and March 19 Medical passed but there was no PCC request for 1 month
Finally on April 17 they issued PCC and when I upload the same day. Next day status got changed that we are reviewing documents provided and also same day got the Pre-arrival letter

I think it's all depends on the officer handling file. There's no hard rule here. Some of us getting Medical and PCC together. Some having few day difference to months.

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
Don't worry it will be soon. I know it's very difficult waiting but we can't do anything other than waiting
It's Ottawa office for you too so it will come soon for you

billly

Dec 22, 2018
It's a very disappointing response from London I'd say.

If the initial review is not even started after almost a year, the whole process may take another year or so.
Here is what the AOR I received from London VO states about the overall process:

"Your application will first go through a pre-assessment done by Case Analysts. Case Analysts do not make decisions. They will go over the facts of your application and deepen the understanding of your circumstances before your file is assigned to an officer for processing. You may receive a request for additional evidence.

Once your application is assigned to an officer, the first step will be for the officer to review whether you meet the requirements for the Family Class category you applied under. This is called: Eligibility.

Once eligibility is completed, the officer will review your admissibility to Canada. Providing there are no concerns, the decision on your admissibility may closely follow the decision on your eligibility. However, complex medical conditions, criminal records or security concerns can significantly extend the processing time of your application. Certain reviews or verifications are conducted by partner agencies and these verifications will most likely extend the processing time of your application.

Once these reviews are completed, your application should be ready for final decision."
What really is absolutely ridiculous is them taking that much time for parents who already have SuperVisas. For God sake, you already have established that they are my parents when you gave them the SuperVisa. You also had a medical done on them, want another one, sure! Want another PCC, sure! But what is the need of this Pre-Assessments and what is the purpose of this eligibility round for them again. I, as a sponsor am eligible (decision made), they are my parents (superVisa), move the god damn application up. Ughhhhh

Reactions: USK

aasulman

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Don't worry it will be soon. I know it's very difficult waiting but we can't do anything other than waiting
After Medial and PCC, it is a waiting game. It can take anywhere from 2 months to more than a year. Not to scare you but just trying to give some realistic picture. There are members here who had to second round medical because their medical expired while they were waiting for the Background Check to complete.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
From what I see in the SS, your application is not even approved with respect to you being a sponsor. It is not in London visa office. You are in the same boat as many others. I think contacting anyone now would be useless. It is clear that CIC is moving through the applications from second round. Just my 2 cents. It seems people are contacting London (or other visa offices) when they have been approved as sponsors but have not heard anything from their respective visa offices for a long time. Hope this helps.
I wasnt sure if the applications are sent to London office (or other) after the sponsor approval or before that..

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Yes, it's fastest office till today. Let's wait then . thanks for your support bud

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys, I have copies of official translation for my parents birth certificate and marriage license. These are stamped in Dec 2016. If I print them would that be ok?

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Hi, Please advise I am filling Financial evaluation form and I have self employed income too. My self employed gross income is $5,000 (line 162 of Notice of Assessment), but my net self employed income included in line 150 is 4,000 for 2017. Which number I should write in Financial evaluation form $5,000 or $4,000. Thank you

sk2019

Jan 18, 2019
My parents medical is done in last week of February. I have not heard anything as of now. I saw GCKey saying medical passed and no finger prints needed. Also, we have not started the BC yet. Is there anyone in same situation?
Yes, my parents medical passed in July 2018 and PCC was sent in November 2018. We are still waiting......