+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks @canuck78!

My dad does not have any difficulty in doing physical activities and otherwise appears healthy. No heart conditions, diabetes, hypertension, kidney issues etc. Am sure this will lead to more tests. For now, just waiting and hoping for the best.
Pretty unusual for a COPD patient to be that active especially with fibrotic lungs but that is great if it is the case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you again. So my understanding is that, it is not clear. It may or may not effect the PR process.

Ok, Seems I don't have any option. Let see how it goes.

Cheers!
If otherwise healthy probably should be approved. But yes if you need 2 joint replacements the costs are pretty high. Also expect to wait quite a while to get surgery if she comes Canada. Things like braces, extra physiology, etc. is usually paid by extended benefits or most likely you.

REMM18

Aug 31, 2018
Hi
I got the SA approval email today, dated April 3. My parents got a Biometric request letter on March 27. Please update in the spreadsheet. Application forwarded to Visa Office in London.
@Yulia for SS and everyone on this thread for sharing your updates and advice

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Marja8

Aug 30, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Hi @YULIA-2016 please update tracker (Line 200)

In Process Date: March 8, 2019
E-case status for Sponsor: Decision Made
Sponsor Status Approval: April 3, 2019
Local Visa: Ottawa

Thanks!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
Hello all! It has been almost three months since we received my parents' "Pre-Arrival Letter".... I am starting to panic now.:(. Anyone experiences the same thing? I heard that the "decision made" should come fairly quickly after the Pre-Arrival Letter?
Not necessarily if you have a complicated case for background check. We received pre arrival letter in November, but because my dad had military record, background check is still in process.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
Hi everyone,

With more investigations, I figured out that the biometric data must be collected every time someone applies for PR. Apparently, the agent I talked to yesterday was not correct!

Check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=704&top=19
FYI, I applied for my Dad's visitor visa and he did the biometric while applying for TRV. His biometric ID/# does show up in GCKey but don't know if CIC would request Biometric again during the PR process. When I received the SA letter from NDVO they stated the applicant has to do biometric again for PR process, Not sure why?Its a unique ID# that reflecting on both applications in GCKey.

I am just waiting and pray that whatever it is should work out at the end.

Reactions: sarasarasara

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hello Folks,

Got medical instructions with forms for my in-laws today, April 4th. I have notices that in medical forms the address for both parents (In Laws ) is my Canadian home address not their home address in India. Although they are in India. I think the reason CIC put my address because I am the representative for them?

Does anyone has experience for this? Not sure if they took this form in India to doctor should have any objection/concern?

thank you

Reactions: sukhi_boy

Christine Z

Jan 22, 2014
Not necessarily if you have a complicated case for background check. We received pre arrival letter in November, but because my dad had military record, background check is still in process.
Hello tzing! Thanks for your reply!! That explains it..... my dad also had military record!

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hello all! It has been almost three months since we received my parents' "Pre-Arrival Letter".... I am starting to panic now.:(. Anyone experiences the same thing? I heard that the "decision made" should come fairly quickly after the Pre-Arrival Letter?
mine is dm + pre-arrival letter since March 20, no PPR yet.....