+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

billly

Dec 22, 2018
What is going to happen to the remaining applicants when Uncle Trudeau is Voted out?
IMO - they will close this program and will take away resources to work on existing ones, which means more wait times for the ones in the pipeline. But again, who knows, Sheer is different !!

Christine Z

Jan 22, 2014
Hello all! It has been almost three months since we received my parents' "Pre-Arrival Letter".... I am starting to panic now.:(. Anyone experiences the same thing? I heard that the "decision made" should come fairly quickly after the Pre-Arrival Letter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. It is very helpful information
The doctor didn't do a very thorough exam and your mother was supposed to tell the doctor if she had any medical issuer she is misrepresenting herself. Yes knee replacements would be something that should have come up in the medical exam but it wouldn't necessarily result in a refusal. Joint replacements are expensive and there is a long wait list in Canada for treatment so it should factor into the medical.

Reactions: Another-Immigrant

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IMO - they will close this program and will take away resources to work on existing ones, which means more wait times for the ones in the pipeline. But again, who knows, Sheer is different !!
Given the previous conservative government and general platforms PGP numbers will be cut back. Given the current demands on the healthcare system it is not unreasonable. Most Canadians are unaware of the PGP program and would not support it.

Reactions: linsahoo

navneetsibal

May 2, 2014
Hello Experts,

If LVO is Ottawa and you get the request to submit passport for stamping. Can you do stamping from your home country?

Thanks in advance

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
In my parents case the furtherance letter came 10 days after the initial medical check up.
Thanks cwazyy.

Results for my parents are not yet submitted by the physician. My mother had elevated BP (creatinine and other tests came clean). My dad was a smoker and seems to have COPD and Fibrosis based on Xray. He is otherwise healthy but I am pretty certain there will be furtherance. Hope it all works out in the end. :(

@YULIA-2016 I know each case is different but are you aware of any situations involving lung damage from smoking?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Thanks cwazyy.

Results for my parents are not yet submitted by the physician. My mother had elevated BP (creatinine and other tests came clean). My dad was a smoker and seems to have COPD and Fibrosis based on Xray. He is otherwise healthy but I am pretty certain there will be furtherance. Hope it all works out in the end. :(

@YULIA-2016 I know each case is different but are you aware of any situations involving lung damage from smoking?
no, kidney problem is more danger

nitika_joshi

Jun 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
15-May-2014 (PCC, RPRF)
Nomination.....
30-Sep--2013
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
13-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2014
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2014
Hi All,

My ecas became "Application Recd" again for PR application. Sponsor Approval was "Decision Made" on last Friday.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
The doctor didn't do a very thorough exam and your mother was supposed to tell the doctor if she had any medical issuer she is misrepresenting herself. Yes knee replacements would be something that should have come up in the medical exam but it wouldn't necessarily result in a refusal. Joint replacements are expensive and there is a long wait list in Canada for treatment so it should factor into the medical.

Thank you for the reply,

My In Laws (My Wife's Parents) did not visited doctor for Medical yet. I was getting information before medical. So there was nothing hidden/mis-informed to the doctor.

So according to you, it won't be result in refusal, but longer wait time in Canada can be a factor. So "factor" for what? refusal? delay ? Sorry it is confusing. It would be great if you can explain more.

Thank you again :)

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
I haven't been active on this thread as I'm sponsoring my husband and my mother is the one sponsoring my grandma, but she finally got DM today! Hopefully PPR will come soon for her. We submitted her application in May last year.

Reactions: zt2018