+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Hello all! It has been almost three months since we received my parents' "Pre-Arrival Letter".... I am starting to panic now.:(. Anyone experiences the same thing? I heard that the "decision made" should come fairly quickly after the Pre-Arrival Letter?
Please do not panic (I know it is easy to say and hard to do). My parents received the letter in August when they passed eligibility and background check was started. The background check lasted for slightly over 7 months.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Hello Experts,

If LVO is Ottawa and you get the request to submit passport for stamping. Can you do stamping from your home country?

Thanks in advance
Yes. The letter gives you 2 options: sending passports to visa section of the Canadian embassy or sending them to Ottawa if the applicant has a mailing address in Canada.

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Please do not panic (I know it is easy to say and hard to do). My parents received the letter in August when they passed eligibility and background check was started. The background check lasted for slightly over 7 months.
Yes. Same here. don't worry too much.

nitika_joshi

Jun 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
15-May-2014 (PCC, RPRF)
Nomination.....
30-Sep--2013
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
13-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2014
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2014

Christine Z

Jan 22, 2014
zt2018: Thank you so much for your reply.. oh my gosh 7 months! ok.. I'll wait patiently. =D

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the reply,

My In Laws (My Wife's Parents) did not visited doctor for Medical yet. I was getting information before medical. So there was nothing hidden/mis-informed to the doctor.

So according to you, it won't be result in refusal, but longer wait time in Canada can be a factor. So "factor" for what? refusal? delay ? Sorry it is confusing. It would be great if you can explain more.

Thank you again :)
Can't comment on whether it will lead to a refusal in this particular case. So many factors including other health issues, whether they need 2 knee replacements, whether they need partial or full replacements, etc. There are long wait lists for eligible people in Canada. Usually 6 months to up to 2 years in some areas so adding more patients to the list is always a concern.

Reactions: Another-Immigrant

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Unfortunately COPD is one of the most expensive conditions to treat. Can't comment on this patient's case butCOPD as well as kidney failure are on the list of conditions CIC is looking out for in terms of medical costs.
Thanks @canuck78!

My dad does not have any difficulty in doing physical activities and otherwise appears healthy. No heart conditions, diabetes, hypertension, kidney issues etc. Am sure this will lead to more tests. For now, just waiting and hoping for the best.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
@YULIA-2016 @sam1986

Guys, I submitted my application to Ottawa on 4th October 2018 and got UCI and Application no on 7 Jan 2019.
Since then there is NO UPDATE . Is there anyone else like me waiting from that time ?
Or there is something wrong on my file/.

Review of eligibility : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
I have almost identical timeline. Still "Application Received" for both the sponsor and the applicant.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Can't comment on whether it will lead to a refusal in this particular case. So many factors including other health issues, whether they need 2 knee replacements, whether they need partial or full replacements, etc. There are long wait lists for eligible people in Canada. Usually 6 months to up to 2 years in some areas so adding more patients to the list is always a concern.
Thank you again. So my understanding is that, it is not clear. It may or may not effect the PR process.

Ok, Seems I don't have any option. Let see how it goes.

Cheers!

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have called IRCC today morning and they confirmed I have been approved as a sponsor.

Also for those who have already did biometric before, you could submit that through IRCC webform. Apparently their data base is not automatically connected. I just sent that today and I will let you guys know anytime I hear back from them.

I was told that I should wait for medicals and they are doing the background check at the moment. But the background check does not mean PCC request yet

Hi everyone,

With more investigations I figured out that the biometric data must be collected every time someone applies for PR. Apparently the agent I talked to yesterday was not correct!

Check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=704&top=19

Reactions: Another-Immigrant