+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Emmkay49

Sep 17, 2018
Hi
Anyone applied Pcc for India when parents are in Canada . How long it takes to get it ?. IRCC is asking between 30 days is it enough time?
Hi
You can get the PCC here in canada fron consulate general of India Toronto on the same day or else within 10 days through BLS brampton delivered at your home address .

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
Hello folks, i have another question related to document translation.

I already have my birth certificate translated from india 5 years ago and notarized copy of my certificate as well. But i dont have affidavit from the translator nor is he certified in canada.

Is affidavit from translator absolutely mandatory? Also is it absolutley mandatory to get it translated by a canada certified translator?

kidcad

Dec 21, 2016
1) The other parent has expired. So both don't need to pass medical. They will most likely request a death certificate if you don't submit one upfront.
2) It was the same for me. In addition to passport copies and birth certificate, i sent an explanation letter indicating how generic last name such as "Singh" and "kaur" on birth certificates was common from where I am. I also sent a copy of my parents' old ID that didn't have their last name on it.
Hi, could you share the contents of the" explanation letter indicating how generic last name such as "Singh" and "kaur" on birth certificates was common from where I am". Please urgent help needed. I am in the same boat for the death certificate of my grandfather where he doesnt have a last name. Also did it work for you ?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello folks, i have another question related to document translation.

I already have my birth certificate translated from india 5 years ago and notarized copy of my certificate as well. But i dont have affidavit from the translator nor is he certified in canada.

Is affidavit from translator absolutely mandatory? Also is it absolutley mandatory to get it translated by a canada certified translator?
You don’t need an affidavit from the translator if you had a notarized translation. Translator and notary public do not need to be certified by Canada. They just need to be certified in the country of origin.

My suggestion to you is to get a new notarized translation because the one you have is 5 years old. CIC will want a more recent one.

pkhichi007

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have experience of Uploading PCC upfront? do they ask it again if you upload it in advance?

Thanks
Pawan Khichi

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have experience of Uploading PCC upfront? do they ask it again if you upload it in advance?

Thanks
Pawan Khichi
It depends on how far along your application is. If you already got IME requests, then you might as well provide PCC without waiting for them to request it. But, if you don’t even have sponsorship approval, then it might be too early to send PCC. They did requested me to provide an “updated” PCC for my parents, as they provided it for visa application last year. So, they will ask for it again if your application takes a while.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Dear Yulia,

I think CIC making fool in our case. Why they calculate the past income which already gone
Umm...you may need to explain a bit clearly than this. Perhaps, a background or context of your application would help us understand what the problem is.

I’m not sure what you meant by CIC calculating past income that is already gone. “Gone” as in you spent it kind of “gone” or it doesn’t exist/apply kind of “gone”? CIC calculates income by looking at your income statements or looking at your tax returns using your SIN on CRA. So, they don’t calculate randomly selected numbers. They rely on information from CRA. If you think your income is wrong, you may want to take it up with CRA, not CIC.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Said: “Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter. ”
Then, it’s your call. You can renew it or send them as it is. The worst that can happen is your parents getting their passports back. It will cause a delay, but it won’t cost your parents PRs.

evgenydym

Mar 18, 2019
Hi , I have a question related to family sponsorship (Sponsorship Evaluation).
I applying from Quebec . For pass a sponsorship evaluation I have to have family income 72k. I work on permanent position and my income is 60k , and my wife , she is student and her income from financial aide (loans and bursaries) is 13k. If it will be enough for pass with success Sponsorship Evaluation ?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Did medical on 6 Feb, 2019. Got pre-arrival letter and ECAS status "Medical Passed" on 20 Feb, 2019.

Got passport request today 3 Mar, 2019.

As for additional tests, it depends on what he's got. My dad got tested for TB simply because he had TB before. He had to do sputum tests three times consecutively and culture for TB testing. But, your dad has something different. So, his tests will be different, of course.
Can you please reply when did you get decision made on your application.