+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

inviteparents23

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Folks you can probably help me
there is a question on Generic Application form for Canada: about stay in any country more than 6 months

My father stayed in Canada for a year. He stayed 5 months and we visited USA before his 6 months term. After coming back from USA we got stamp on his passport and he spent another 5 months after.

Now the question is: Will this be considered as continuous more than 6 months stay or not?

Zayana

Jan 19, 2017
Malayer,

I'm sorry but I think you just got all twisted information. These rules only applies if you have been sponsored as spouse and if for some reason you would like to sponsor your new partner( only in this case you are not eligible ). It has nothing to do with sponsoring you parents. The restriction of 5 years only applies if you would like to use spousal program to sponsor someone else. It clearly said on form if you are sponsoring a spouse, common law, you are not eligible but it not applicable for sponsoring parents. Also, I had clarified my question regarding my husband as co-signer he is eligible to be my co-signer to sponsor my Mom.
Thank you for you respond and have nice day.

hp5gnr

Oct 27, 2015
Hello,

I got invitation to apply for a parent's PR.

Do we need to submit parent's medical with the initial application package?

Thanks,
Harsh

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got PCC and Medicals today

Need to submit in 30 Days. Since we are in canada, not sure how long it will take for PCC to be issued for my parents

Anyone else did PCC in canada for their parents from BLS here?

Reactions: YULIA-2016

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Hi guys,

20 mins ago, i just received email from Ottawa, IT IS PPR EMAIL!!!!!!

please update my timeline in line 22

Aug 2, 11:40pm PPR EMAIL received!

Good luck guys!
Congratulations, Could you please share your linked account status and ecas status? I felt you would get PPR soon since your additional files were reviewed just after you passed the medical. Thanks.

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Malayer,

I'm sorry but I think you just got all twisted information. These rules only applies if you have been sponsored as spouse and if for some reason you would like to sponsor your new partner( only in this case you are not eligible ). It has nothing to do with sponsoring you parents. The restriction of 5 years only applies if you would like to use spousal program to sponsor someone else. It clearly said on form if you are sponsoring a spouse, common law, you are not eligible but it not applicable for sponsoring parents. Also, I had clarified my question regarding my husband as co-signer he is eligible to be my co-signer to sponsor my Mom.
Glad you got the right info!

Reactions: Zayana

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello @iengineer86 ,

Can you please help with some guidance on how to track the status online. My file was received on 17th May as well and I have been unable to track the file status online. Can you please assist and confirm if Im doing it right.
1. I go to https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
2. Select Receipt Number under Identification Type
3. Type my Parents family name ( My last name and Parents last name is spelled differently in our docs, Already attached an affidavit to support that its one name spelled differently)
4. Enter my Mother's ( Primary Applicant ) DOB and Place of Birth.

It does not pull up the information, I tried using my DOB and Place of Birth but that doesnot help either.

Thank you!
Hello @Leo_1983 ,

You are following the right steps, just to make sure.
When you are trying your Dob, u should use your's UCI # ( which is available on citizenship certificate or PR card)
and if it is still not showing then please call the IRCC number.

hope this helps
Good luck,
Thanks,

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello,

I got invitation to apply for a parent's PR.

Do we need to submit parent's medical with the initial application package?

Thanks,
Harsh
Hello dear,

If you just started following this thread then don't get confused as all the latest comments are by the 1 draw lottery winners and they are in different stage of application, to get a better idea follow this thread from starting and there is very useful guide provided by one of the applications @gst8486 check his signature or send a message to get the link to that thread.
To answer your question, NO you don't have to submit medical with initial package.
Good Luck,
Thanks

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Malayer,

I have no clue why I got dragged into this conversation, my post was regarding a medical situation.

Reactions: lovemyparents

Ansuman

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2017
LANDED..........
07-05-2017
For those who were wondering how the upload option after clicking on 'View Submission' (in MyCIC account) looks like, below is the screen shot:

Hi,

Need some guidance here. I am under impression that we need to send all the physical documents to Mississauga office. I am unable to correlate this online account uploads vs documents which we need to send physically. Is there an option for Parent sponsorship that we can create a MyCIC account and upload all the documents as per sponsorship invitation like our PR through express entry days?

Thanks

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

20 mins ago, i just received email from Ottawa, IT IS PPR EMAIL!!!!!!

please update my timeline in line 22

Aug 2, 11:40pm PPR EMAIL received!

Good luck guys!
Did you see any update about background checks ? It's really too fast . Congrats .

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi,

Need some guidance here. I am under impression that we need to send all the physical documents to Mississauga office. I am unable to correlate this online account uploads vs documents which we need to send physically. Is there an option for Parent sponsorship that we can create a MyCIC account and upload all the documents as per sponsorship invitation like our PR through express entry days?

Thanks
That post won't apply to you at this moment, the information was for applications which are in the second stage of process. For understanding the process please check the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

Also, do not send your application to Mississauga, please read the guide 5772 carefully, the documents are suppose to be sent to OTTAWA.

Below is the link for Guide 5772
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

After reading guide if you have any further questions, go through the guide available on the below link, this guide is created on the basis of common questions which came up when the applicants for previous years were preparating their application packages.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/a-guide-for-preparing-parents-sponsorship-immigration-application.569846/

Even after reading the above mentioned resources, if you have any questions, please feel free to post your question in the forum and you will get help instantly.

Good Luck!

xyyigan1977

Apr 25, 2017
anyone know if the second round of invitation just started or completed. The reason I am asking is the numbers don't make sense. All selected numbers add up to 8500. Does it mean up-to-date only 1500 invited in 1st round meet criteria, rest 8500 were wastes?
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.