+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

seafay

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Any one have an idea about how it is ordered for processing files? I submitted pretty early in April, and they updated my file, requested something from AB, and got the response in June 4, all the information they required including the tax info is on my file (I requested to get the notes from my file), and it was setting there nothing changed for 2 months already. I'm still IP. I want to have a reasonable reason for this wait but the CIC can't give one. The only reason I can think is that after they requested something from AB they put my file at the end of the queue. Is that possible I need to wait until they finished all the files before June?

orchid57

Aug 3, 2018
Hi,

Could anyone help me please - it's regarding Financial Evaluation form, question # 3A "current undertaking". I am sponsoring my mom and my spouse is co-signer (we do not have any children and never sponsored anyone before), should there be 2 people under current undertaking (my mother and I, or my spouse should be included as well and total number 3?)

Thanks!

Neema3

Aug 1, 2018
hi all,

do we write email addresses for all the family members and parent's brothers and sister's as well (form IMM5406)? what if they don't have any and live in remote areas/village? Please help

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
hi all,

do we write email addresses for all the family members and parent's brothers and sister's as well (form IMM5406)? what if they don't have any and live in remote areas/village? Please help
You can put your email address for your parents, for rest of the family members you can just put a dash in the email section '-'

Reactions: lovemyparents

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all,

I was about to ask that too. I dont know if we can just put the city/town then country. Then email address. Can we just leave it blank? Thanks

Neema3

Aug 1, 2018
You can put your email address for your parents, for rest of the family members you can just put a dash in the email section '-'
thank you so much for your response.

I have another question, IMM5669, question 2 where it asks for the application no. Do we leave it blank or do we fill it with the cofirmation no. we received when we showed our interest for parents sponsorship.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Clearly an election promises have started. Given that our healthcare system is often beyond capacity and the baby boomers will increase the number of elderly Canadians for the next couple of decades this seems like an irresponsible move. There are tons of elderly patients taking up hospital beds that can't be discharged because of the lack of longterm care or enough home care. Adding to the problem seems crazy to me.
This forum group is for helping those who after years of wait, hard work to reach a certain level of income and a flawed lottery system, eventually got an opportunity to bring their parents.

Feel free to create a critique group to discuss how you think that parents of PRs and citizens are a burden. I know there are few members in this forum who think that. Infact one of the forum member even referred to the parents as 'bunch of old people' and guess what, he himself was an immigrant and had brought his parents few months/ years ago.

Last edited:

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
The online tool shows 2 decision made .

The CIC account has no change, still shows reviewing additional documents and background check is in progress.

I received my ppr email last night, but last night online tool didn't show decision made for PR.
Thank you, I doubt your PPR email is from Hongkong, since you got it last night, Ottawa office is closed, if you call IRCC, you can figure it out, certainly you don't need to do that. Thanks, enjoy.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This forum group is for helping those who after years of wait, hard work to reach a certain level of income and a flawed lottery system, eventually got an opportunity to bring their parents.

Feel free to create a critique group to discuss how you think that parents of PRs and citizens are a burden. I know there are few members in this forum who think that. Infact one of the forum member even referred to the parents as 'bunch of old people' and guess what, he himself was an immigrant and had brought his parents few months/ years ago.
Pointing out why the government suddenly decided to raise the cap. People may not realize that it is likely because of the next election cycle. I did vote liberal before people start complaining. Actually think the income level required is too low because many people are unaware that they will have to pay for a longterm care beds for their parents. Longterm Canadian residents will receive a pension that will be used to pay for the bed. I have seen other families on this forum who are shocked that they would have to pay for these things and are not be able to afford it. Think anyone who works in the hospital or longterm care would share my concern that the system can't deal with the current population.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Pointing out why the government suddenly decided to raise the cap. People may not realize that it is likely because of the next election cycle. I did vote liberal before people start complaining. Actually think the income level required is too low because many people are unaware that they will have to pay for a longterm care beds for their parents. Longterm Canadian residents will receive a pension that will be used to pay for the bed. I have seen other families on this forum who are shocked that they would have to pay for these things and are not be able to afford it. Think anyone who works in the hospital or longterm care would share my concern that the system can't deal with the current population.
We do realize that Government is trying to garner votes here, perhaps there is also a need to understand that even if they raise the cap, it is not going to make any difference to the eligible sponsors, because (as mentioned earlier) it seems that government is keeping the website open on purpose for the ineligible candidates to put in their names. Also, just because of the lack of effective policy for health care if there are lineups in Hospitals and medical centres, we can't just put Parents of immigrants as scapegoat.

Reactions: lovemyparents

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
WOW!! grt news!! :)
who knows, it will increase backlog again and you will be waiting 5 years again.
20000 VISAS limit / year

kennethtoronto

Jun 23, 2018
Thank you, I doubt your PPR email is from Hongkong, since you got it last night, Ottawa office is closed, if you call IRCC, you can figure it out, certainly you don't need to do that. Thanks, enjoy.
I think it's from hk. Coz I received on August 2 @11:40pm. The email dated August 3. But they told me to mail it to ottawa.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Friends,
When do we submit the biometrics for parents?
During the submission of application package or at a later stage?
Please help.

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Friends,
When do we submit the biometrics for parents?
During the submission of application package or at a later stage?
Please help.
Once your application will be accepted then they will send you a request to do this - no need to worry on this though :)

Reactions: USK