+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi All,

I mailed in my application on May 15 and it was received on May 17. I still don't see an update on E-Cas regarding the status of the application or whether it was received or not. Should I be concerned or be patient? Any advice will be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Need to be patient. Mine was delivered on May 8th and ECAS updated just last week. They are getting there.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
The instructions doesn't look that clear, except for medicals. They have asked for travel history and police clearance certificate. There is no time frame specified for these docs. Just curious if anyone else has got similar requests.
I wonder why they (IRCC) didn't ask for IMM 5562 (Travel History) in the checklist.

Last edited:

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
The instructions doesn't look that clear, except for medicals. They have asked for travel history and police clearance certificate. There is no time frame specified for these docs. Just curious if anyone else has got similar requests.
Hi, would you be able to quote the exact text surrounding travel history and PCC ? My dad had extensive travels in the past 10 years, and I've been worried about what they'll ask.

Also, didn't we already provide the travel history with the application ?

Kaushuque

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Thanks, How did you get a hold of an agent. I called but they are asking for an application number and I dont have any as of now. I only have the receipt number.
I received AOR, so I do have file number. I called 6 in the morning ( AB time). Easy to catch them on that time.
You can call them with your receipt number and UCI. It should work.

Thank you.

thenike

Jul 27, 2012
Hi,

Mine was received in first week of April. Since then no update about it and can't find anything online.
Hmmm... What are you searching your application with on ecas?
I was searching with my payment receipt# (I paid online) and I did not see update on ecas. I then searched with my uci # and it showed up on ecas.
Not sure how much this info will help though!

yvrgirl

Apr 18, 2017
Hi All,

I received an email from CIC requesting the following for my Mom last thursday July 12th.

IMM5562: Please provide a completed IMM5562

CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience. Please ensure your CV/resume includes information since the age of 18 and details for all employment positions held.

Police Certificate:

Medical:

RPRF, Family Class

Documents must be received at this office by: 2018/08/11.

Hi Yulia,

Kindly update the SS at your convenience.

Thanks!

sarah30

Apr 3, 2018
Hi everyone,
Today I received an email from CIC and they asked me to send them the use of representative form. And they mentioned in the letter that this is because I used my own contact info for the principle applicant.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
Has anyone else's application changed to " in Process" yet?

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi All,

I mailed in my application on May 15 and it was received on May 17. I still don't see an update on E-Cas regarding the status of the application or whether it was received or not. Should I be concerned or be patient? Any advice will be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Hello SinghisKing83,

My application was reached at the same time as yours and no update so far, I believe so far they are working on app which were received around may 8th-9th so I would say lets wait for couple of more weeks.
Good luck

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Hi All,

I received an email from CIC requesting the following for my Mom last thursday July 12th.

IMM5562: Please provide a completed IMM5562

CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience. Please ensure your CV/resume includes information since the age of 18 and details for all employment positions held.

Police Certificate:

Medical:

RPRF, Family Class

Documents must be received at this office by: 2018/08/11.

Hi Yulia,

Kindly update the SS at your convenience.

Thanks!
updated By ANningcanada

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Hi everyone,
Today I received an email from CIC and they asked me to send them the use of representative form. And they mentioned in the letter that this is because I used my own contact info for the principle applicant.
follow the instruction and fax it. Does anybody know who should sign at signature of spouse or common-law partner for sponsorship application in the use of representative form (imm5476). Thanks a lot.

theDream2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone. I have been trying to find the answers on the Immigration website as well as this forum but my skills are not working it seems. For Sponsorship of parents :
1) which police certificates do we need? (no information on IRCC website - it just loops back to instruction guide wherein there is no mention).
2) What are the instructions for medicals? It is stated not to do them in advance. Are you provided with a form via email to be taken to the doctor? Would someone please clarify?
3) how long is one given to produce the necessary police certificates and medical exams?

Thank you very much and good luck everyone!

bonus: if someone could copy/paste text from emails ( with personal details omitted) that would be amazing. Thank you again!

vividglider

Jul 17, 2018
Hi guys,

I was selected to sponsor my parents for 2018 and made an application to sponsor my dad (principal applicant) and mom.

CIC Online services update:
We received your application for permanent residence on April 18, 2018 (application received).
We started processing your application on July 16, 2018 (in-process).

My dad received an email on 13 July 2018 - INFORMATION AND DOCUMENT REQUEST LETTER - notifying that documents are moved to New Delhi visa office, stay tuned for a medical exam and meanwhile start getting police reports for yourself and dependent (s).

My dad received an email today 17 July 2018 - to do the medical exam. However, this email has one attachment with IME # and UCI # for dad but nowhere mentions my mom. I linked the paper application to GC key and am able to see mom's name as a dependent when I click on 'view dependents'

What to do as we haven't received a medical form for my mom? My dad has 30 days to complete the medical exam. Please help and advise.

Reactions: iengineer86