+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

vividglider

Jul 17, 2018
Hi Everyone. I have been trying to find the answers on the Immigration website as well as this forum but my skills are not working it seems. For Sponsorship of parents :
1) which police certificates do we need? (no information on IRCC website - it just loops back to instruction guide wherein there is no mention).
2) What are the instructions for medicals? It is stated not to do them in advance. Are you provided with a form via email to be taken to the doctor? Would someone please clarify?
3) how long is one given to produce the necessary police certificates and medical exams?

Thank you very much and good luck everyone!

bonus: if someone could copy/paste text from emails ( with personal details omitted) that would be amazing. Thank you again!
1. Police clearance from any country where the applicant(s) have stayed >6 months
2. You will receive instruction and medical form when CIC requires them.
3. Applicant(s) have to complete the medical test within 30 days of the notification to do medical (30days from the date in the letter/email). Regarding police certificates - I do not have authentic information, but you are required to submit as soon as possible to expedite your application.

Check if my post above is helpful for you.

Reactions: iengineer86

varun0284

Oct 31, 2016
Hi,

I am in the process of applying for a TRV for my parents.

Do we need to show air tickets for the visa?

Also, I currently a requirement for the medical exam. Is a medical exam mandatory? If not then will CIC notify us whether a medical exam is required?

I would highly appreciate some guidance on this.

Thanks

Cheers
Varun

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Congratulations to those who has received medical and PCC requests. One more step towards the goal :).

Did you have the form Use of representative signed? Did the e-mail come to your e-mail account?

Last edited:

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Congratulations to those who has received medical and PCC requests. One more step towards the goal :).

Did you have the form Use of representative signed? Did the e-mail come to your e-mail account?
To your parents’ email, if you linked account, the forms will be found at linked account, if you didn’t link account, I guess the forms will send to email directly. had better submit Use of representative .

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Thank you for the response. I've signed the Use of Representative form (it was sent with the application) and linked the application, so I hope in this situation the e-mail should go to my account?

batman11

Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
29-08-2013
Can you please add my details to the spreadsheet?

Application received – May 3

Ecas shows Application Received – June 27, 2018
Ecas shows In process – Jul 05 2018
Ecas shows Decision made – Jul 17 2018

Received AOR email on July 06 2018

provided SIN

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Hi everyone,
Today I received an email from CIC and they asked me to send them the use of representative form. And they mentioned in the letter that this is because I used my own contact info for the principle applicant.
in the 0008 generic form contact information of applicant, it said:

if you(applicant,parents) wish to authorize the release of information from your application to a representative, indicate their email and mailing address in this section and imm5476 form.

So if sponsor filled in their own email and mailing address for applicants in the 0008 generic form contact information of applicant, sponsor needs to fill in imm5476 representative form

Reactions: gst8486 and sarah30

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
1. Police clearance from any country where the applicant(s) have stayed >6 months
2. You will receive instruction and medical form when CIC requires them.
3. Applicant(s) have to complete the medical test within 30 days of the notification to do medical (30days from the date in the letter/email). Regarding police certificates - I do not have authentic information, but you are required to submit as soon as possible to expedite your application.

Check if my post above is helpful for you.
HI, thanks for sharing. For PCC, does it say if 6 months are consecutive or cumulative ? Meaning if the applicant spent 6 months not at a stretch, but over 2 years, do they still need to provide a PCC ?

It would be appreciated if you could post the exact text from the email.

Thanks!

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Hey Guys,

We received a request to provide a Death Certificate for my father-in-law as part of my mother-in-law's PGP 2018 application. We had already provided one, so not sure what happened. The Death Certificate itself is both in English and Urdu, so no translation was required (shed light if assumption is wrong). Has this happened to someone else as well?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Can you please add my details to the spreadsheet?

Application received – May 3

Ecas shows Application Received – June 27, 2018
Ecas shows In process – Jul 05 2018
Ecas shows Decision made – Jul 17 2018

Received AOR email on July 06 2018

provided SIN
Your application was delivered on May 03, 2018 and you already have a 'Decision Made' update on ECAS, that's pretty awesome!

Reactions: Lacanlalemoses

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hey Guys,

We received a request to provide a Death Certificate for my father-in-law as part of my mother-in-law's PGP 2018 application. We had already provided one, so not sure what happened. The Death Certificate itself is both in English and Urdu, so no translation was required (shed light if assumption is wrong). Has this happened to someone else as well?
The translation won't be required for sure! But it is surprising that IRCC asked for the death certificate again, even when you provided it to them with application package. I guess you don't have any other option except to re-submit the certificate.

kennethtoronto

Jun 23, 2018
Hi guys, I am here to update my timeline:
Residence in ON, Parents are from China
4.16 AR
4.19 AOR
6.12 IP
6.24 DM1
7.17 ME
PROVIDED SIN AND NOA
TRANSFERRED TO OTTAWA
REQUEST LETTER ON JULY 17: TRAVEL HISTORY, POLICE CERTIFICATE, AND CV/RESUME

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

I had a DM for my parents application in June some time but no email so far, yesterday I got an medical request for my parents in gc account .

How would I know where to send them?

Thanks,
Rashmi

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I am here to update my timeline:
Residence in ON, Parents are from China
4.16 AR
4.19 AOR
6.12 IP
6.24 DM1
7.17 ME
PROVIDED SIN AND NOA
TRANSFERRED TO OTTAWA
REQUEST LETTER ON JULY 17: TRAVEL HISTORY, POLICE CERTIFICATE, AND CV/RESUME
Hi ,

Cic has uploaded request letter for my parents too but this has contents same as medical exam . Could you please let me know did they send you out any specific forms for travel history?

thanks,
Rash

kennethtoronto

Jun 23, 2018
Hi ,

I had a DM for my parents application in June some time but no email so far, yesterday I got an medical request for my parents in gc account .

How would I know where to send them?

Thanks,
Rashmi
the doctor will forward the medical result to CIC