+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

kennethtoronto

Jun 23, 2018
Hi ,

Cic has uploaded request letter for my parents too but this has contents same as medical exam . Could you please let me know did they send you out any specific forms for travel history?

thanks,
Rash
The same happened to me. that's their mistake. i have 3 attachments in my account, but two of them are the same which is my dad's medical form.

and if you click "view submitted application" , you will see the list of the forms you need to upload.

I just called the CIC call centre, they told me they will send a request to Ottawa to ask them to upload me the correct request letter.

GOOD LUCK

Reactions: iengineer86

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The same happened to me. that's their mistake. i have 3 attachments in my account, but two of them are the same which is my dad's medical form.

and if you click "view submitted application" , you will see the list of the forms you need to upload.

I just called the CIC call centre, they told me they will send a request to Ottawa to ask them to upload me the correct request letter.

GOOD LUCK
I have been trying to reach them since morning no luck so far !!! Thanks for replying :)

Reactions: mason54321

mason54321

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
YYC
Visa Office......
Misa---
Can you please add my details to the spreadsheet?

Application received – May 3

Ecas shows Application Received – June 27, 2018
Ecas shows In process – Jul 05 2018
Ecas shows Decision made – Jul 17 2018

Received AOR email on July 06 2018

provided SIN
Hi, it's added.

mason54321

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
YYC
Visa Office......
Misa---
Hi guys, I am here to update my timeline:
Residence in ON, Parents are from China
4.16 AR
4.19 AOR
6.12 IP
6.24 DM1
7.17 ME
PROVIDED SIN AND NOA
TRANSFERRED TO OTTAWA
REQUEST LETTER ON JULY 17: TRAVEL HISTORY, POLICE CERTIFICATE, AND CV/RESUME
Updated!

vividglider

Jul 17, 2018
HI, thanks for sharing. For PCC, does it say if 6 months are consecutive or cumulative ? Meaning if the applicant spent 6 months not at a stretch, but over 2 years, do they still need to provide a PCC ?

It would be appreciated if you could post the exact text from the email.

Thanks!
6 months consecutive. Try searching police reports for PGP Canada and go to CIC content.

"POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES Police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and everyone in your family, aged 18 years or over, have resided six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s). Please consult our website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/ information/security/police-cert/index.asp for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country."

The whole email has other unnecessary stuff, so copying important and relevant info below:

When documents were transferred to visa office: 5 days ago
"Thank you for choosing Canada! We know this is a very exciting time in planning an important change in your life.
We have received your application for permanent residence. We expect to begin working on your application very soon. We will need time to review and assess your file. We should be ready to communicate with you again shortly. We understand that the waiting period can be difficult but please be rest assured that we have not forgotten about you.
We appreciate the time you have taken to prepare your application.
A couple of important things to know:
Application #
UCI #

What else can you do to make sure your application is ready for processing?
· If you have not already done your medical examination, please ensure to do it as soon as you receive the medical instructions and forms.
· If your sponsor has not already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) please see our website for how to pay fees online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp. RPRF has to be paid for you and your spouse only.
· If you have not already done so, obtain any required police certificates for you (and any dependents 18 or older). Please see our website for how to obtain police certificates: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp.

PLEASE DO SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS: confirmation of medical exam form, copies of RPRF receipts, police certificates for you and your accompanying family members."

New email Today with Medical instruction form:

"Please find information concerning your application in the attached document."

Last edited:

vividglider

Jul 17, 2018
Can you please add my details to the spreadsheet?

Application received – May 3

Ecas shows Application Received – June 27, 2018
Ecas shows In process – Jul 05 2018
Ecas shows Decision made – Jul 17 2018

Received AOR email on July 06 2018

provided SIN
Has the decision for sponsorship been made or the permanent residency? What about medical tests?
My update shows in-progress (changed July 17) - the documents are moved to visa office in New Delhi and they have asked for medical test. Does this mean the sponsorship has been approved?

I also provided SIN # as well as tax returns.

abirdie

Oct 1, 2012
Hey try using this link to find if it's there on Ecas - enter your UCI#
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
if they don't have any then nothing to worry - as you can track by your UCI#

OR

try using the Receipt option along with your father details(if he's a main applicant in application)
How can we use Receipt option?
What to put in receipt number because I dont have any.
My UCI doesnt work as well

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been waiting on the phone for one hour.

I asked the agent to read the request letter to me, so that i can prepare those dox now
Under submitted application it says travel history ,pcc and medical exam . For travel history is there any specific form and do we have to upload for just primary applicant or all the applicants in the file?

kennethtoronto

Jun 23, 2018
Under submitted application it says travel history ,pcc and medical exam . For travel history is there any specific form and do we have to upload for just primary applicant or all the applicants in the file?
for travel history which is form IMME5562. That is what i was told over the phone by the agent.

You should call them and ask them to read the letter over the phone to you. Coz we have no idea how long we have to wait until the Ottawa to upload the correct form for us.

Reactions: iengineer86

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
Hi Please Update.
Just received AOR on July 17.
Destination City - Delta, BC
Sin # / NOA - Both
Line # 72

Reactions: YULIA-2016

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
6 months consecutive. Try searching police reports for PGP Canada and go to CIC content.

"POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES Police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and everyone in your family, aged 18 years or over, have resided six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s). Please consult our website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/ information/security/police-cert/index.asp for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country."

The whole email has other unnecessary stuff, so copying important and relevant info below:

When documents were transferred to visa office: 5 days ago
"Thank you for choosing Canada! We know this is a very exciting time in planning an important change in your life.
We have received your application for permanent residence. We expect to begin working on your application very soon. We will need time to review and assess your file. We should be ready to communicate with you again shortly. We understand that the waiting period can be difficult but please be rest assured that we have not forgotten about you.
We appreciate the time you have taken to prepare your application.
A couple of important things to know:
Application #
UCI #

What else can you do to make sure your application is ready for processing?
· If you have not already done your medical examination, please ensure to do it as soon as you receive the medical instructions and forms.
· If your sponsor has not already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) please see our website for how to pay fees online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp. RPRF has to be paid for you and your spouse only.
· If you have not already done so, obtain any required police certificates for you (and any dependents 18 or older). Please see our website for how to obtain police certificates: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp.

PLEASE DO SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS: confirmation of medical exam form, copies of RPRF receipts, police certificates for you and your accompanying family members."

New email Today with Medical instruction form:

"Please find information concerning your application in the attached document."
Thanks! It doesn't say consecutive though (I checked CIC's website as well). If this is anything like the Citizenship application, my guess would be that they require 6 months cumulative.