+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey guys, i didn't get AOR email yet, but ECAS shows application received. Is it possible to link my application on MyCIC account before receiving the AOR email ? I'm not able to. I tried all different options (don't have file number or UCI for my parents yet, so I'm using family name, given name, and DOB of my father who is the principal applicant on the forms).

I'm only sponsoring my parents (no siblings), so entered "2" for "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application".

Thanks!

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Hey guys, i didn't get AOR email yet, but ECAS shows application received. Is it possible to link my application on MyCIC account before receiving the AOR email ? I'm not able to. I tried all different options (don't have file number or UCI for my parents yet, so I'm using family name, given name, and DOB of my father who is the principal applicant on the forms).

I'm only sponsoring my parents (no siblings), so entered "2" for "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application".

Thanks!
You should be able to link now, but the family member number should be; you+parents+co-signer(if any)

Reactions: razerblade

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

Thanks!
Yes, it is possible to link the paper application with My CIC account once you see an update on ECAS and before the receipt of AOR email. I was able to do that, my AOR showed up after about 7 days of ECAS update.

For My CIC, I used my Father's passport details, and entered the family number as Father+Mother+Myself+Spouse and the file got connected to MyCIC (didn't count my kid).

Good luck!

sorry @razerblade, just one correction, I didn't include my kid in the family number!

Last edited:
Reactions: razerblade

kc2500

Oct 7, 2013
I applied in April 3rd. In Process in 28th of May. Decision made on June 1st. And PR in process since 13 th of June. Unfortunately no email so far about SA and LVO!
I called Call Center yesterday, said I am approved to sponsor and PR in in process. Officer will send me a letter shortly! Exactly what I can see in my e-case last month and half. There is nothing to do but bite nails and wait.
Thanks, How did you get a hold of an agent. I called but they are asking for an application number and I dont have any as of now. I only have the receipt number.

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks!
I agree with you, so far the pace is very good! Lets hope IRCC maintains this pace of application processing.
The instructions doesn't look that clear, except for medicals. They have asked for travel history and police clearance certificate. There is no time frame specified for these docs. Just curious if anyone else has got similar requests.

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
The instructions doesn't look that clear, except for medicals. They have asked for travel history and police clearance certificate. There is no time frame specified for these docs. Just curious if anyone else has got similar requests.
I got the email from New Delhi visa office and i’m confused too. I can share the email if you want.

singhisking83

Jul 16, 2018
Hi All,

I mailed in my application on May 15 and it was received on May 17. I still don't see an update on E-Cas regarding the status of the application or whether it was received or not. Should I be concerned or be patient? Any advice will be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: iengineer86

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
You should be able to link now, but the family member number should be; you+parents+co-signer(if any)
Yes, it is possible to link the paper application with My CIC account once you see an update on ECAS and before the receipt of AOR email. I was able to do that, my AOR showed up after about 7 days of ECAS update.

For My CIC, I used my Father's passport details, and entered the family number as Father+Mother+Myself+Spouse+My kid and the file got connected to MyCIC.
Good luck!
Thank you! Family number was the problem. I counted myself this time and it worked. So silly!

Reactions: gst8486