Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for the response - but the issue relates to not being able to look up the application in ECAS, not determining family count. Anyone able to assist with more info on ECAS look-up?
Nothing will be in ecas until your file is entered.

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018
Ha! Just received another reminder email (as probably all of you have) about "deadline fast approaching" from Immigration Canada. Was hoping it would be AOR when the email came. I guess we are all in the same boat and will get AOR simultaneously. Wishing us all quick processing :-D

Reactions: gst8486

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Ha! Just received another reminder email (as probably all of you have) about "deadline fast approaching" from Immigration Canada. Was hoping it would be AOR. I guess we are all in the same boat and will get AOR simultaneously. Wishing us all quick processing :-D
I am in two minds, to reply to that e mail (even though it says do not reply) and tell them to send in AoRs for received applications instead of sending reminders hahaha

Reactions: Zhuzhu

mandolin

May 16, 2018
Hi everybody, I would appreciate if you could help me to find out the answers of my questions.
I almost filled my parent's application but
1. on form IMM1344, question 1, what's a difference between these two options? which one do you suggest?

• If you check the box to withdraw your sponsorship application then
    • the sponsorship application will not be processed. All fees will be refunded, except for the $75 sponsorship fee.
  • If you check the box to proceed with the application for permanent residence then
    • the sponsorship application will be refused. None of the fees will be refunded.

2. Should I fill out any specific form for my sister who she isn't dependent children and she is the family member?

Thanks in advance,

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I sent the application for my parents. Please add my info to spreadsheet as below:

Invitation Recieved: Mar 21, 2018
Application Sent: May 11,2018
Application Deliverd : May 14, 2018
Parents Citizenship: India

Thanks!!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi everybody, I would appreciate if you could help me to find out the answers of my questions.
I almost filled my parent's application but
1. on form IMM1344, question 1, what's a difference between these two options? which one do you suggest?

• If you check the box to withdraw your sponsorship application then
    • the sponsorship application will not be processed. All fees will be refunded, except for the $75 sponsorship fee.
  • If you check the box to proceed with the application for permanent residence then
    • the sponsorship application will be refused. None of the fees will be refunded.

2. Should I fill out any specific form for my sister who she isn't dependent children and she is the family member?

Thanks in advance,
Hi,
If you are applying for the first time then pick first option "Withdraw your sponsorship application. All processing fees less $75 will be refunded."
You can also refer to the Guide about who will use the 2nd option, see the note below from guide:
Note: Check “proceed with the application for permanent residence” if you submit an undertaking of assistance to support the permanent residence application of a family member or close relative on Humanitarian and compassionate considerations

If she is not dependent and married then probably you don't have to but if she is unmarried staying with your parents then she will be considered as dependent. Probably you can share bit more info about her and then other forum members can provide their feedback about this.

Thanks,

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi,

I sent the application for my parents. Please add my info to spreadsheet as below:

Invitation Recieved: Mar 21, 2018
Application Sent: May 11,2018
Application Deliverd : May 14, 2018
Parents Citizenship: India

Thanks!!
Updated

qty

May 16, 2018
Hello, I have a question and I would appreciate answers.

I applied for the parents sponsorship application for 2018, however for some reason I thought that the year I apply for is taken into the LICO three years. Apparently it is not, and during 2015 I took a year off to study French, however my income in 2016, 2017 and 2018 is CONSIDERABLY higher than the required to sponsor my parents.

My friends said since I got selected, and if I do not apply, this will severely harm my future chances at being re-selected -like next year-. Some suggested I apply with an explanation letter and request assessing me based on all the years going forward, just not 2015 because it was the only year I took off.

Any advice on how to proceed?

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016

I applied for the parents sponsorship application for 2018, however for some reason I thought that the year I apply for is taken into the LICO three years. Apparently it is not, and during 2015 I took a year off to study French, however my income in 2016, 2017 and 2018 is CONSIDERABLY higher than the required to sponsor my parents.

My friends said since I got selected, and if I do not apply, this will severely harm my future chances at being re-selected -like next year-. Some suggested I apply with an explanation letter and request assessing me based on all the years going forward, just not 2015 because it was the only year I took off.

Be prepared to get the case rejected in a few years if you submit the application this year.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Whatever your friend said doesn't make sense. It's a lottery system. So I don't see how they can lessen your chance of getting selected next year.

You can explain but I think your application will be rejected with your 2015 income not meeting LICO.

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Be prepared to get the case rejected in a few years if you submit the application this year.
I think it will be rejected right away as Evaluation of Financial standing will note the LICO cut off not in compliance, as far as next years chances of getting selected, it is independent of previous applications or selection/non selection

parteetkumar

May 13, 2018
Just do something like this: for the From date, use the date of applicant's last study. For country and state use whatever country the applicant studied.
She did not go to any school and has no education at all. Should i write the year and month she was born to 2018 and in education field write none and NA in rest of the fields?

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016

Hello,

Clearly, as per the rules your application may be rejected but then instead of re-applying and waiting to get re-elected you can go through the appeal process via some lawyer etc. I wouldn't recommended doing the appeal process by yourself , you must hire some immigration agent/lawyer etc.

Hopefully this will help.

Thanks,

qty

May 16, 2018
Hello,

Clearly, as per the rules your application may be rejected but then instead of re-applying and waiting to get re-elected you can go through the appeal process via some lawyer etc. I wouldn't recommended doing the appeal process by yourself , you must hire some immigration agent/lawyer etc.

Thanks,
I read in multiple locations that chances for such as appeal to succeed are quite low.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hello,

Thanks,
Waste of time and effort, even appeal will not work in this case. He don't meet the basic criteria here on what basis he will appeal ?

Thanks