+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
I also received a friendly reminder today. This forum can not be a very reliable indicator of the number of applications submitted, but I noticed that 2018 tracker is shorter than 2017 (and there are only some days left before the deadline), and 2017 tracker is significantly shorter than 2016. So may be the number of selected and most important eligible applicants is indeed less than expected 10 000?

Last edited:

digitalyogi

May 16, 2018
Hello All,

First, so glad to found this community and willingness to help newbies like myself. So, big thank you :)

I have received an invite to apply for my parents sponsorship. However, I have a question/confusion on the Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship form (IMM 5768) on Question 14 & 17.

My current situation is as follow...
me and my wife(co-signer) have 2 source of income.
Me
1) T4 (day job)
2) Self-employed (small gigs here and there)

Wife
1) T4/T4a
2) Self-employed (healthcare provider)

My question is for the self-employed income.
+ Do we write Gross business Income or we write Net self-employed / business income (Gross income (I believe it's line #164/162 ) - business expenses = Net business income (line # 137/135) . And the total of Line 101 and Line 135 = line # 150 (on the NOA).

I have filled up the form. with best of my ability. And I have used amount from line 137/135 (net business income). Please find image here https://goo.gl/H3HWsw

Thank you so very much in advance :)

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Hello All,

First, so glad to found this community and willingness to help newbies like myself. So, big thank you :)

I have received an invite to apply for my parents sponsorship. However, I have a question/confusion on the Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship form (IMM 5768) on Question 14 & 17.

My current situation is as follow...
me and my wife(co-signer) have 2 source of income.
Me
1) T4 (day job)
2) Self-employed (small gigs here and there)

Wife
1) T4/T4a
2) Self-employed (healthcare provider)

My question is for the self-employed income.
+ Do we write Gross business Income or we write Net self-employed / business income (Gross income (I believe it's line #164/162 ) - business expenses = Net business income (line # 137/135) . And the total of Line 101 and Line 135 = line # 150 (on the NOA).

I have filled up the form. with best of my ability. And I have used amount from line 137/135 (net business income). Please find image here https://goo.gl/H3HWsw

Thank you so very much in advance :)
If your wifes business is incorporated then she cannot claim the entire business net income as regular income unless she draws salary from it, however it seems like it is sole proprietor which will flow through to line 150 on her NOA. Hope this helps

Reactions: digitalyogi

mandolin

May 16, 2018
Hi,
If you are applying for the first time then pick first option "Withdraw your sponsorship application. All processing fees less $75 will be refunded."
You can also refer to the Guide about who will use the 2nd option, see the note below from guide:
Note: Check “proceed with the application for permanent residence” if you submit an undertaking of assistance to support the permanent residence application of a family member or close relative on Humanitarian and compassionate considerations

If she is not dependent and married then probably you don't have to but if she is unmarried staying with your parents then she will be considered as dependent. Probably you can share bit more info about her and then other forum members can provide their feedback about this.

Thanks,
Thanks for your reply.
My sister is older than 22 years old and she is financially dependent on my parents, but I know that she is not considered a dependent family member. So is there any specific form that needs to be filled out? Thanks in advance for any comment.

Ashub1234

Apr 30, 2018
URGENT HELP NEEDED:_

In regards to Documents- do we need certified true copies from notary for each and every document ? My birth certificate is in English from india and my dad dealth certificate is in english as well ( dual language eng/hindi) do i have to certified these copies?

garry001

Aug 17, 2012
Hello everyone,

Please help me to complete my application for PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP.

Below are the details-

I got invitation from CIC to apply for it in March and Iast date to submit file is May 25th. I will be applying for both my mother and father.
I have document checklist with me but I am not sure which forms have to be filled by me, my mother and my father.
Could you please let me know who have to fill which form; (below is mentioned in document check list)

1.Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM1344)
to be completed and signed by you, the sponsor, your co signer and ther person you are sponsoring.
2. Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (IM5768)
3. Statutory Declaration of common law union ( IMM5409)
to be completed and signed by sponsor and the co signer,only if the latter is common law partner.
4. Genric Application form for canada (IMM0008)
to be completed and signed by the person you are sponsoring, the principal applicant.
5. Additional dependants/declaration (IMM0008DEP )
to be completed and signed by principal applicant, if applicable.
6. Schedule A - background declaration (IMM5669)
the principal applicant and all the family members who are 18 years of age and older must complete and sign their own copy for this form.
7. Additional family information ( IMM5406)
the principal applicant and all the family members who are 18 years of age and older must complete and sign their own copy for this form.
8. Use of representative.
9. Processing fee.

My concerns are;
1. IMM1344
Do I have to fill 2 forms separately, 1 for my mother and 2nd for my father ?or just 1 form showing my father as principal applicant ?

4. IMM0008
Do my mother and my father have to fill 2 separate forms.
Or just my father will be filling this form?

5.IMM0008DEP
If my father is filling IMM0008 form, do my mom have to fill IMM0008DEP form as dependent?

6. IMM5669
have this to be filled by me, mother and father separately?

7.IMM5406

YOUR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
Hello everyone,

Please help me to complete my application for PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP.

Below are the details-

I got invitation from CIC to apply for it in March and Iast date to submit file is May 25th. I will be applying for both my mother and father.
I have document checklist with me but I am not sure which forms have to be filled by me, my mother and my father.
Could you please let me know who have to fill which form; (below is mentioned in document check list)

1.Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM1344)
to be completed and signed by you, the sponsor, your co signer and ther person you are sponsoring.
2. Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (IM5768)
3. Statutory Declaration of common law union ( IMM5409)
to be completed and signed by sponsor and the co signer,only if the latter is common law partner.
4. Genric Application form for canada (IMM0008)
to be completed and signed by the person you are sponsoring, the principal applicant.
5. Additional dependants/declaration (IMM0008DEP )
to be completed and signed by principal applicant, if applicable.
6. Schedule A - background declaration (IMM5669)
7. Additional family information ( IMM5406)
8. Use of representative.
9. Processing fee.

My concerns are;
1. IMM1344
Do I have to fill 2 forms separately, 1 for my mother and 2nd for my father ?or just 1 form showing my father as principal applicant ? You have to fill onlybone form for 1344 and in that form you as a sponsor and your dad as principal applicant will sign.

4. IMM0008
Do my mother and my father have to fill 2 separate forms.
Or just my father will be filling this form?
Only your father will be filling onenform.
5.IMM0008DEP
If my father is filling IMM0008 form, do my mom have to fill IMM0008DEP form as dependent?
If you dont have any dependents then you dont need to fill up this form.
6. IMM5669
2 forms need to be filled by father and mother individually.
7.IMM5406
Both forms need to be filled by mom and dad individually.
YOUR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
I sent in my application and it was supposed to be delivered today. It is stuck in Mississauga. I had similar issue in past that an item was stuck in Mississauga for a month or more. I sent it via Xpresspost. Any suggestions what to do? Should I send another application by Priority now?

Born4luv1

May 2, 2018
I sent in my application and it was supposed to be delivered today. It is stuck in Mississauga. I had similar issue in past that an item was stuck in Mississauga for a month or more. I sent it via Xpresspost. Any suggestions what to do? Should I send another application
Is this the right adress that you send of your package?

CPC-M-PGP
PO BOX 8020, STN T CSC
Ottawa

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys, my package is almost ready and I want to send it with the right courier/provider. I heard from some of folks on the forum that they have had challenges with mailing their packages. Should I also ask for signature?

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
the one above is missing one Number. This is the complete one. send to this address.
CPC-M-PGP
PO Box 8020 STN T CSC
OTTAWA ON
K1G 3H6
yes i sent to that address

sarah30

Apr 3, 2018
Hey Guys, my package is almost ready and I want to send it with the right courier/provider. I heard from some of folks on the forum that they have had challenges with mailing their packages. Should I also ask for signature?
I sent it via Xpresspost (canada post). it requires signature as well. If you send it in the morning it will be delivered by the next business day.
Just make sure you write the correct complete address.