+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

skiour80

Apr 3, 2018
Hi, a quick question. Should the translations and the copies of original documents be certified by a notary public, or a simple lawyer could do?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi, a quick question. Should the translations and the copies of original documents be certified by a notary public, or a simple lawyer could do?
Both can do it

Thanks

Reactions: skiour80

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Happy to help :) We are here to help each other and provide confirmed and honest information.

1. As per instructions in Guide 5772, we are suppose to pick the first option, please see the below screenshot from the guide

2. You should keep the TYPED name of your parents in the box and then print or email the form to your parents, so that they could manually sign in the space left after the TYPED name in the box. I hope I was able to clear the confusion. This is only for the form 5669. For other forms you are not going to type their names in the signature section. If you email the forms to your parents, make sure you remind them to follow the following steps:

• Download and Save the form
  • Click validate button (IMM 5669, for your Father and Mother; IMM 0008)
  • Save again
  • Print the form
  • Sign in the box, infront of the typed name
I will recommend you to email them the documents, and once they receive the DOCUMENTS you can go through them on phone (while keeping the forms open at your end). Only few days are left, so emailing the forms will help. What I did in my case, I recorded a guidance video in which I explained wher eto sign, where to put name, how to validate etc. I create dthat video for each form and each of those videos were just 1 minute long or so. After they sign the document, ask them to courier the documents via DHL or FedEx via their fastest delivery method.
Appreciate your help dear, I will follow your the steps.
Thanks a lot.

Reactions: gst8486

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
I have a question regarding sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents. During the online application in January 2018 I filled the application with my old address. In Feb I moved to new place and used the same (new) address in the application package. I got the following email from CIC saying we need more supporting doc stating that same person lived at 2 places.

Specifically, the following information cannot be validated as the same:
Address
The name (or address) of the person invited to apply is:
*********** (Old address)
The name (or address) on the application submitted is:
************* (New Address)

Please submit additional documentation which demonstrates that the person who
was invited to apply and the person who submitted the application are the same
person.

Note that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) relies on a legal or
administrative decision made by the appropriate provincial and territorial authority as
evidence of a change of name. Therefore, the linking document must be issued by a
Canadian province or territory. In the case of a change in address, evidence must be
provided which demonstrates both the former and current address associated to the
person invited to apply.

My question is

Do I need an affidavit or notary from a lawyer showing proof of address like driver licence or bank docs?

Or can I simply write a letter of explanation myself and attach all the supporting document and send to cic?

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
For Birth Certificate, you can follow exactly what iengineer86 suggested in one of the previous posts:

Prepare a Letter of Explanation and mention that you are unable to provide a birth certificate because........ (provide the reason for example, you lost it, you parents never applied for a birth certificate etc.). Also mention that, in order to provide alternative proof for your age and relationship with your parents you are providing copies of following:

1. Get a Non-Availability certificate from local "Birth and Death Registrar" office in your hometown/ city in India. Attach an attested photocopy of Non-Availability certificate and if required, provide the English translation of that certificate (the translated document must be notarized too).
  2. Provide the copy of your Indian passport (pages showing your date of birth and your parents name).
  3. Any other official document from India which has your date of birth i.e. Voters card, Driver license etc.
For Marriage Certificate, your parents can get an AFFIDAVIT as an alternative for marriage certificate, it can be issued from local government office or magistrate. Make sure that the affidavit has their passport number written infront of their name. The affidavit must mention the marriage date and place which they have provided in other documents. Also, affidavit should highlight the fact that under the spouse section of one of the pages of passport, both of them are mentioned as husband and wife.

Attach the original affidavits with the application, but make sure you keep a photocopy of those for your record.
Hopefully this helps! Good Luck.
Thanks for your comments gst8486,

For my date of Birth and Proof of my relation to my parents: I am going to supply an affidavit that, I am so and so, resident of this address state that:
- i dont have a birth certificate issued at the time of my birth.
- my father name and mother name is
- my date of birth and place of birth is
- that same is written in the documents (passport / 10th certificate etc)

will that be okay?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

For my date of Birth and Proof of my relation to my parents: I am going to supply an affidavit that, I am so and so, resident of this address state that:

will that be okay?
That will work!

Reactions: PankajK

guelphapplicant123

May 2, 2018
Anyone able to link 2018 PGP Application to MyCIC Account (CIC Online Account)?

I tried many times, it failed. My suspect is that the application has not been entered into CIC system yet.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I have a question regarding sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents. During the online application in January 2018 I filled the application with my old address. In Feb I moved to new place and used the same (new) address in the application package. I got the following email from CIC saying we need more supporting doc stating that same person lived at 2 places.

Specifically, the following information cannot be validated as the same:
Address
The name (or address) of the person invited to apply is:
*********** (Old address)
The name (or address) on the application submitted is:
************* (New Address)

Please submit additional documentation which demonstrates that the person who
was invited to apply and the person who submitted the application are the same
person.

Note that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) relies on a legal or
administrative decision made by the appropriate provincial and territorial authority as
evidence of a change of name. Therefore, the linking document must be issued by a
Canadian province or territory. In the case of a change in address, evidence must be
provided which demonstrates both the former and current address associated to the
person invited to apply.

My question is

Do I need an affidavit or notary from a lawyer showing proof of address like driver licence or bank docs?

Or can I simply write a letter of explanation myself and attach all the supporting document and send to cic?

So what I understood from your post is:

In January when you had put your name in the draw, your address was
Address 1.

In March when you received the Invitation to Apply (ITA), by that time you had moved to another address (Address 2).

You submitted your application with Address 2 and after receipt of the application IRCC wants to confirm the change of your address.

The key requirement from the communication you received from IRCC is
'the linking document must be issued by a Canadian province or territory. In the case of a change in address, evidence must be provided which demonstrates both the former and current address associated to the person invited to apply'.

I would suggest you to provide the copy of the previous driving licence with older address and the current driving licence with your current address.

Also, provide the copy of utility bills from previous address and current address, ensure that the bills have your name on it.

Depending on which province you live in, contact the Health Card issuer and check with them if they could provide a record of change of address.

And then, provide an explanation letter with details about your address change and the evidences which you are providing.

Perhaps, your best bet will be to call IRCC's helpline for a better guidance/ answer. Did you receive an AOR for your application, if yes, when did you get that?

Last edited:

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
I am not able to find the UCI number of my parents visitor visa stamp.
Visitor Visa issues in year 2007 and in year 2014.

It has a Visa Number, Passport number and another number Vxxxxxxxx (in year 2007)
and Visa Number, Passport number and another number xxxxxxxx (in year 2014) non of this numbers match on visa stamps of same person in two different years.

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016

will that be okay?
hello,
When I asked the CIC call center agent over the phone about the affidavit she said that will not hurt if it will not help. So no harm in sending the affidavit.

Reactions: PankajK and gst8486

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I am not able to find the UCI number of my parents visitor visa stamp.
Visitor Visa issues in year 2007 and in year 2014.

It has a Visa Number, Passport number and another number Vxxxxxxxx (in year 2007)
and Visa Number, Passport number and another number xxxxxxxx (in year 2014) non of this numbers match on visa stamps of same person in two different years.
I will suggest you to call IRCC to get some help in this regard, If you signed on 'Use of Representative' form when applied for your parents visa, you can ask IRCC on your parents behalf. For your peace of mind and confirmation, its better that you talk to IRCC. Though, I strongly believe that the another number xxxxxxxx (in year 2014 VIsa is the UCI). I have heard that IRCC started putting UCI numbers on Visa stamps after 2010 or so.

Reactions: PankajK

skiour80

Apr 3, 2018
Hello, In the signature section of Background A form I did not add the name, but just signed it - would this be a problem?. Just to clarify I am not submitting my papers electronically. thanks

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Hi,

My package reached to Ottawa today May 2, 2018. Is anyone maintaining spreadsheet for this group. If yes, please let me know what other details required for tracking.

Also is anyone received AOR yet, if yes then normally how much time it took to receive after delivery.

Thanks
Hi everyone just sharing, so my package reached Ottawa last April 30,2018, I sent it tru Canada post express last April 24, 2018, coz I'm living in BC. MAY 1, 2018 I received an email asking for Me to submit IMM 5748 coz I answered NO to question 8 on IMM 5768, the address ung the letter is Mississauga, just wanna share this so that you guys please double check the package before submitting it, when I submit mine I thought it's all good, since I missed something on my package I'm thinking it can cause delay,

coolit

Mar 21, 2014
I did not receive any e-mail, but when i checked my application status on-line there is a note that application was received and my parents details
Hi guys, I’m about to send the application I know you send the application already so I need you guys to guide me the arrangements of the documents, is the email from CIC (invitation to sponsor) is that in the very top part, next all forms with barcodes, checklist and next all the rest of docs thanks in advance