Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Reactions: nehabhi

sarah30

Apr 3, 2018
Hi, I am sponsoring my parents, and I have a question about the certified true copy of the documents.

In the guide it said:

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:
  • “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document,
  • the date of the certification,
  • his or her name,
  • his or her official position or title, and
  • his or her signature.
My parent's documents are all in Chinese, and they were translated and certified by the public notary in China. The translation has the same meaning as above, but not the exactly the same, like “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”.

Should the translation be exactly the same as the one in the guide?

Thank you for your help.
No it doesn't need to be exactly the same but must contain the same meaning. I believe you should be good. As long as it is a certified translation in your country and it must have the notary stamp/signature.

Reactions: MYNC

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
What are you trying to apply for?
If you are applying for sponsorship your parents, you will need to wait until the lucky draw next year, usually opening around 1-3 January.
I recommend you to visit www.cic.gc.ca for more information.
I wanted to sponsour her . So should i prepare all the documents now and wait for 2019 opening ? Or first do online application in Jan 2019 and then prepare the documents ?

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
I wanted to sponsour her . So should i prepare all the documents now and wait for 2019 opening ? Or first do online application in Jan 2019 and then prepare the documents ?
You mean you wanted to sponsor for your mother? If so, you will need to wait until the online "express of interest" is open on the first few days of January 2019 (was on 2 January 2018). You will provide your details and when you are done with the online submission, you will get a confirmation number.

The express of interest form is available for 1 month, so it will close on 2 February 2019 (assuming it opens on 2 Jan 2019). IRCC will remove all the duplicates and will randomly select 10,000 confirmation number to invite them to send the application to sponsor for parents.
If you are selected, then you would have 60 days to prepare the application documents so you don't need to worry too much about it yet

For details information on the whole process, I recommend you to spend sometimes reading the information in this IRCC website
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Reactions: macwhitby

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hello, Another question regarding question no. 3 in IMM008 form. We are sponsoring our parents and none is dependent on each other as they are dependent on us.
1. Do I need to fill two separate IMM008 forms i.e. one for my mother-in -law and one for my father-in-law. If yes, then in question no. 3 in IMM008 form which is how many family members included you are in this application will be 1.
If answer is no, then anyone can be principal applicant and other would be dependent?

Thanks once again.
Among your parents, pick one to be the main applicant and the other would be dependent/spouse. Who is the main or dependent does not matter. Then use just 1 form IMM008 for both of your parents. There is a session in the form for your to fill in the details of the dependent/spouse.
You will only use 2 forms if your parents are divorced and you want to sponsor for them both.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
It looks like IMM 1344 has a glitch or something. :p When i validated it then saved it and opened it again it says not validated even though there is a barcode and when you validate it again the number changed. Maybe i can write a letter and tell them that? :(

( UPDATE )
I phoned CIC and the person i talked to said that its okay if its different number. He said that he immigration officer will look on the signatures if properly signed not the number.
If you spoke to IRCC officer and they said it's ok, then I guess it's OK :) ... just not sure why they did not mention this in the instruction guide though

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi gst8486, i am new to the PGP, I've just submitted my application today in ON.
Could you give me a brief idea about what are the steps of the PGP process ? also, if i want to check the status online, whose UCI should I use? mine or my parent's?
Hi Tabrisjayson,

Just like you I am also a newbie and yet to submit my parents application. But based on what i have read from couple of posts, you can use your UCI to check the online status of application. Also for PGP process, please have a look on the links for previous years application timelines provided (Timetracker) in my profile signature (below). Good Luck for your application!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Waste of time to prepare documents now. Wait for January 2019 and submit your entry into lottery.
If you're picked, then you complete all forms and mail in the app.
If you aren't picked, then you wait until 2020 and try again. Repeat if needed until selected.

Reactions: macwhitby

northstarbd

Aug 20, 2015
My brother and sister-in-law both were successful to be selected for application for respective parents. They live in QC and will be co-applicant to partner's application to meet income requirement. I'm helping my brother filling out the papers and a bit confused about two things:
1. They currently have no sponsorship undertaking. Since they are co-applicant to spouse's application, when it comes to counting the family unit, do they count their own family size (3) + our parents (2) + my brother's in-laws (2) ?

2. My grandfather passed away a long time ago (in '70s). We don't know his date of birth. In this scenario what should be DOB in the form?

wendy789

Apr 17, 2018
Hello All,

I have received the invitation to apply for my parents sponsorship. My question is: when to submit the Police check and Medicals? on the CIC page says that it should be in the package, so should I submit the medical check and police checks before my deadline or submit those documents after, when they asks for them? since all those documents will be expired when they open the application in 3 years that it is the current wait time.

Thank you, Wendy

Last edited:

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Waste of time to prepare documents now. Wait for January 2019 and submit your entry into lottery.
If you're picked, then you complete all forms and mail in the app.
If you aren't picked, then you wait until 2020 and try again. Repeat if needed until selected.
So lottery is only the option available now ? OMG .....................

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello All,

I have received the invitation to apply for my parents to become PR. My question is: should I submit the medical check and police checks before my deadline or submit those documents after, when they asks for them? since all those documents will be expired when they open the application in 3 years that it is the current wait time.

Thank you, Wendy
Submit only when IRCC requests those documents. But you do have an option to pay RPRF fee in advance along with application fee, this will help in smooth or potentially faster processing of file. Perhaps, that's what the guide 5772 says.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

MYNC

Apr 13, 2018
No it doesn't need to be exactly the same but must contain the same meaning. I believe you should be good. As long as it is a certified translation in your country and it must have the notary stamp/signature.
Thank you sarah30.