kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I love your idea. Make it $1000 to enter the lottery:
1. if you're selected and qualified, $1000 counted toward your app fees.
2. If you're not selected, you get $500 back
3. If you're selected and not qualified, too bad, you lost your lottery ticket.
CIC wants healthy mix of qualifying and non-qualifying entries.
That way if they have too many non-qualifying entries, they'll have less applicants to process ;)

Reactions: nayr69sg

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
I would slightly deviate from what I said, the document checklist has asked for copy of passport of Sponsor (Canadian) with address and other details but they haven't mentioned the same for the parents passport, but I will still recommend to provide the copy of all pages in passport with their personal information and the Visa stickers.

The information is available in the Document Checklist: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5771e.pdf
it does ask for Parents passport, please see point 5 in supporting document section of this document

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I have a question about schedule 1 address history, My parents have gone to vacation couple of time but they don't have addresses of the place they stayed. As the stay was very short i.e 1 to 3 days. Should I add this to the address history list? If yes what should I write in the address?
I am assuming that you are talking about Schedule A, because schedule:1 is not required or listed in the document checklist. If your parents were staying in a hotel, you can provide the hotel address.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am sponsoring my mom this year.

My husband is co signing with me. My question is: When counting for the family size, does the father of my husband get included. He doesnt leave with us and leaves in another country.

If I do not include my husband as a cosigner do we still have to count his father.

Thank you!
Family size doesn't change with spouse being cosigner or not.

If your husband did not sponsor his father to become PR, then you do not have to count his father.
However, if his father was sponsored by your husband and it's still within the period of 10/20 years (depending on when that happened), then you have to count his father for the family size.

(physically in Canada or not does not matter)

lolacika

Mar 20, 2018
No EI does not count and it could have been better explained by the system so many people now would be disappointed. In my case it was parental EI.......

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
Attorney is trying to scam your son, they have zero control over how IRCC processes the application.

Sounds like you don't have any H&C reason whatsoever, so why would you even attempt a H&C app? This is just an abuse of the H&C system. Most likely it would be rejected, after which it will be difficult to even come to Canada as a visitor.
Hi Rob ..... as I already said - I have good life here in India and so am not desperate for pr ok ..... the attorney is decent guy - with excellent reputation - all he can do is file a complete application so delays in processing are avoided ..... the Attorney view is Canada Govt is keen to reduce processing times and threshold incomes criteria (along with few more conditions) is becoming a key factor and only 70% or less quota is filled up in recent times ..... this gives hopes of a faster processing in future and our case ..... for us Canada means family unification ...... the dilemma is - will we move to Canada or not - after three year it may be impossible ..... thanks for your response - regards

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
He just wants your money. A lawyer cannot make the process go faster.

H&C is a long process with no guarantee of approval. If you file an H&C application, it will take longer than a regular sponsorship application.
thanks Scylla ..... Yes i do understand this - my son has no time and trusts this Attorney ...... he could file pr for us next year ..... the quotas are not being filled up now after stringent requirements of threshold income ..... its basically the backlog which is delaying processing of applications ..... I appreciate your response - no need for H&C - what I need is a work permit so I can work when i am visiting Canada - though at 63 this may not be possible ..... regards

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi all,

I've been selected for this year, and applying for my mom.

My question is that I have older brother who is 32 years-old, and is single. And he holds Canadian PR and lives in different province.
Is he counted as my mom's dependent? The reason is that when I submitted my interest to sponsor my mom, I entered family size of myself as one (I'm single as well), and 1 for my mom (she is divorced about 15 years ago, and I'm not applying for my dad).

Will there be any problem?? It started concerning me now as I was reading some of posts in the thread regarding their siblings.

Does anyone know about this kind of situation?

Thanks,

Serenity03

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 4, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec. 19, 2014 / Aug. 27, 2015
Med's Done....
January 8, 2016
Wanted to clarify that if your brother is married or common law he can not be included as a dependent on your parents' application.
Hi! I have a question, what if the dependent is 21 years old not married or common-law relationship but he has a child, can i still sponsor him? Can i include his baby in my application? Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I've been selected for this year, and applying for my mom.

My question is that I have older brother who is 32 years-old, and is single. And he holds Canadian PR and lives in different province.
Is he counted as my mom's dependent? The reason is that when I submitted my interest to sponsor my mom, I entered family size of myself as one (I'm single as well), and 1 for my mom (she is divorced about 15 years ago, and I'm not applying for my dad).

Will there be any problem?? It started concerning me now as I was reading some of posts in the thread regarding their siblings.

Does anyone know about this kind of situation?

Thanks,
No you are correct. You and your mothetr makes a family of 2.

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
1. 1-2 years
2. No.
3. I don't understand this question.
hi Scylla ..... 1 to 2 years for pr is ok ..... thanks so much

well - other issue like this - can applications submitted in 2018 be processed and granted in quota for 2018 though and applications for 2015 may be pending for its quota for that year

well my main query regarding processing time is answered ..... 1 to 2 is fine with me ..... regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks Scylla ..... Yes i do understand this - my son has no time and trusts this Attorney ...... he could file pr for us next year ..... the quotas are not being filled up now after stringent requirements of threshold income ..... its basically the backlog which is delaying processing of applications ..... I appreciate your response - no need for H&C - what I need is a work permit so I can work when i am visiting Canada - though at 63 this may not be possible ..... regards
The quota may or may not have been filled last year because it was the first year of the lottery. They have accepted 500 extra application in anticipation that some application will still not qualify. The quota will likely be filled this year. The increase in applications could make up for last year depending on how many applications aren't eligible. The income requirements are pretty low in my opinion. In some of the larger cities I assume people struggle when their family members arrive. You are in the same position as many other parents/grandparents but there is more demand than spaces. Given your age you son must have moved to Canada somewhat recently. Others have waited much longer for the chance to reunite with their family. Although you want to come to Canada you just have to wait like everyone else. The processing times have already decreased from 3-4 years to 1-2. This program is not a priority and I can't imagine nore resources will be alocated to reducing the wait time any further.