+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Send it by courier like fedex.
So is that correct that all of the documents should be in the same envelope for both the sponsor and sponsored persons and sent to Canadian office even though the sponsored are not residing in Canada?

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017
Hello. My request for sponsoring my parents was affirmed for 2018 and now I have 60 (well, now less) days to submit the paperwork. But the thing is that my parents are not in Canada. I see the application has to be partially filled and signed by them and should be "original" I wonder how is it expected to happen? I don't think it is feasible to bring them here just to sign the papers within this period. Does it make sense to mail the filled forms? Or maybe it is acceptable to have them to sign, scan and email? Or I am totally misunderstanding something?
You can download and fill the forms and send it to them as email attachment . After they print and sign, they will send it back to you by courier e.g. FEDEX or DHL together with their passport photos. You will now sign your own portions in the sponsorship application and use of representative. You will now post it to IRCC. This ensures that the forms all have original signatures.

Last edited:

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
You can download and fill the forms and send it to them as email attachment . After they print and sign, they will send it back to you by courier e.g. FEDEX or DHL together with their passport photos. You will now sign your own portions in the sponsorship application and use of representative. You will now post it to IRCC. This ensures that the forms all have original signatures.
I think parents can just mail back the pages they sign on. I'm not sure if there's any point in mailing the whole package/stack of papers, when you can just print them out here. Am I missing something ?

Also, the date they sign on will be different from the one the sponsor signs on. Hope that's not a problem.

Reactions: HarryKhuttan

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Dear All, I need help with the following question.
My cousin got selected to apply for her parents under parents and grandparents sponsorship 2018.
She does not work and is staying home mom. Their family income is healthy as her husband has a business and earns 100-150k + minimum over the last 6-7 years. obviously, she cannot meet the requirement of income herself as her husband is the bread earner. They file their taxes jointly. Can she still apply with her husband as a co-signer? and she has brother and sister under 18. Can she include them in the application and will they also get the visa or it is only for parents or grandparents?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Yes she can apply with her husband as co-signer. Need to make sure the husband's income is from his personal income tax line 150, and not business income put to his company.

All siblings aged 21 and under must also be included in the application as dependents, as long as they are not married or in a common-law relationship.

Parents and dependent siblings must all pass the medical exam in order for app to be approved.

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017
I think parents can just mail back the pages they sign on. I'm not sure if there's any point in mailing the whole package/stack of papers, when you can just print them out here. Am I missing something ?

Also, the date they sign on will be different from the one the sponsor signs on. Hope that's not a problem.
Yeah, the poster can just send the pages they need to sign. That's what I am doing myself for my mother and brother. I don't think there's any issue with the dates as we did the same thing for my parents in law last year.

Reactions: razerblade

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Yeah, the poster can just send the pages they need to sign. That's what I am doing myself for my mother and brother. I don't think there's any issue with the dates as we did the same thing for my parents in law last year.
Thanks! I was filling out the forms today, and noticed that the "Additional Family Information" form Section C "info about brothers and sisters" has only 3 rows, and no way to add more. Did you encounter this issue ? I suppose we could print out another form and add more siblings of our parents, as needed. I found it strange, because the forms from 2 years ago had more rows.

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017
Thanks! I was filling out the forms today, and noticed that the "Additional Family Information" form Section C "info about brothers and sisters" has only 3 rows, and no way to add more. Did you encounter this issue ? I suppose we could print out another form and add more siblings of our parents, as needed. I found it strange, because the forms from 2 years ago had more rows.
I suppose you can add another page with just that table in section C (maybe copy the table or create a similar table using Microsoft Word) and fill in the sibling information.

At the top of the form, they already said that you can attach a separate sheet if additional space is required .

Reactions: razerblade

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to everyone.

I have been selected to send an application to petition my parents to come to Canada.

I will be honest, I submitted the Interest to Sponsor form last January even if I knew that for 2016 our income is short of $6000. For 2014 and 2015, our income is more than enough though. That is why I took the chance to submit the Interest Form. For 2016, I was the only one who worked because my wife had to finish her studies to become an LPN. That is why our income was not enough. We have not received NOA from 2017 yet but I believe that we meet the income requirements for 2017. Has anyone come across the same situation?

Now that I am selected to apply my parents, I am having doubts whether to continue the application or not. I know I have read lots of comments from previous posts saying that if you did not neet the income requirements, you should have not submitted the interest form in the first place. I am sorry if I took anyones spot in the process but I thought I will give it a try.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Hello to everyone.

I have been selected to send an application to petition my parents to come to Canada.

I will be honest, I submitted the Interest to Sponsor form last January even if I knew that for 2016 our income is short of $6000. For 2014 and 2015, our income is more than enough though. That is why I took the chance to submit the Interest Form. For 2016, I was the only one who worked because my wife had to finish her studies to become an LPN. That is why our income was not enough. We have not received NOA from 2017 yet but I believe that we meet the income requirements for 2017. Has anyone come across the same situation?

Now that I am selected to apply my parents, I am having doubts whether to continue the application or not. I know I have read lots of comments from previous posts saying that if you did not neet the income requirements, you should have not submitted the interest form in the first place. I am sorry if I took anyones spot in the process but I thought I will give it a try.
Oh Boy, you’ve raised people’s hope to have a second round of selection this year.

If you continue with the process, you will surely be rejected. The earliest you can apply is 2020.

Reactions: yycpam

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Good Day Everyone,

I've been selected for 2018 Parents and Grandparents Program, and applying for my Dad and my Mom.

Just want to confirm, do my parents need to complete all the following forms separately; One set of these forms for my Mom and another set of these for my Dad?
  • Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
  • Additional Dependants-Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
  • Schedule A – Background-declaration [IMM 5669]
  • Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Also, Will we be filing below forms two times; One for my Dad and One for my Mom?
  • Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344]
  • Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]
Lastly, for "Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]" form, can someone please help me to right direction? In my family, there are two persons (me and my wife, we both are PR) + Mom & Dad (to whom we are sponsoring, they have one dependent daughter too which will not accompany them). I would highly appreciate any help on how to tackle this form, especially from Q2 - Q6. My Wife is Co-Signer.

Thank you for assistance.
I have the same question

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello to everyone.

Yes you wasted a lottery spot, and never should have applied. Not sure why you thought the 3 years income rule didn't apply to you for some reason, it was stated very clearly in the lottery form yet you chose to ignore it.

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
A bit of a generic question... But when they say a photocopy of a birth certificate, can it be a *photocopy of a certified translation of a document in other language* ? I mean, can it be a copy of the translation with a *copy* of the notary public certificate (the golden stamp thing)?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I suppose you can add another page with just that table in section C (maybe copy the table or create a similar table using Microsoft Word) and fill in the sibling information.

At the top of the form, they already said that you can attach a separate sheet if additional space is required .
One more question, do we have to submit copies of the entire passport (including blank pages) for the principal applicant and dependents ? Thanks!

spawnisalive

Nov 20, 2011
My daughter was born on 1st Jan 2018, I had done my income calculation based on 5 person but after my daughter birth do I need to do income calculation for previous years on 5 persons or 6 persons?