Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So they don't have to pay the $550 first? If that's the case, there's nothing to lose. There could be a situation where they could miss out on something and actually approve your application isn't it?

If there are no consequences for trying, why not give it a shot? You have nothing to lose.
:D They will collect the money when they started processing the app, they don't know yet if it's approved or rejected pending all their eligibility and background checks.
Just like TRV app $100 is collected, but this one has a very fast turnaround specially on online applications, there are some people got rejected within a week.

Endless

Jul 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney-ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-03-16
Doc's Request.
16-10-16
Nomination.....
1-3-16
AOR Received.
3-5-16
File Transfer...
16-3-16
Med's Request
1-3-17
Med's Done....
7-3-17
Passport Req..
Waheguru di kirpa nal jaldi hi
LANDED..........
My bad. If you meant two married couples (two husbands and wives), then they are going to be considered two separate families regardless of how they relate to each other. Each couple can sponsor their own parents/grandparents.
I didn't write anywhere couples, families, husbands or wives
I asked about one couple(family of 2)
My question was if one of them husband/wife sponsor their parents first nd bring there parents here
What's gonna happen for next time when the remaining husband/wife will apply for his/her parents
Landed parents will be part of family or not?

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
My question was if one of them husband/wife sponsor their parents first nd bring there parents here
What's gonna happen for next time when the remaining husband/wife will apply for his/her parents
20-year undertaking, that means the landed parents are counted in determining your family size.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
family of 2, husband and wife, (just lacking a comma, no big deal)
yes your family size would be 6 because of previous undertaking

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
:D They will collect the money when they started processing the app, they don't know yet if it's approved or rejected pending all their eligibility and background checks.
Just like TRV app $100 is collected, but this one has a very fast turnaround specially on online applications, there are some people got rejected within a week.
So it's easy money then for CIC? Cool! :p

I'm all for CIC to expand the program and entice more ineligible applicants to pay $550 and have their applications rejected! It might help solve our budget problems!

Endless

Jul 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney-ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-03-16
Doc's Request.
16-10-16
Nomination.....
1-3-16
AOR Received.
3-5-16
File Transfer...
16-3-16
Med's Request
1-3-17
Med's Done....
7-3-17
Passport Req..
Waheguru di kirpa nal jaldi hi
LANDED..........

curious205

Mar 20, 2018

I'm all for CIC to expand the program and entice more ineligible applicants to pay $550 and have their applications rejected! It might help solve our budget problems!
I'm not sure if IRCC is making money for processing ineligible applications. If it doesn't take a lot of man hours to process the application, perhaps they could potentially make some money. But, I hear you on budget issues with IRCC.

pari_dec12

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In process Aug 14th,decision made Oct 31st,visa issued oct 29th,passport received nov 7th
LANDED..........
Flying on nov 11th

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017

There is a box in the application forms that you check if you want to proceed with the application if you don't meet the requirements . If you check it, you don't get your application fees back, if you say no, you get your money minus sponsorship fees back

pari_dec12

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In process Aug 14th,decision made Oct 31st,visa issued oct 29th,passport received nov 7th
LANDED..........
Flying on nov 11th
We all make mistakes. No problem. Also don't worry from what I am told there is no penalty for making false declarations to CIC.

Anyway maybe Rob is wrong and they aren't so strict. Would you still apply and try? Otherwise you winning the lottery and not applying is like winning Lotto and not going to try and collect your prize!

Would be such a waste.

Anyway I hope you give it a try and hope they accept your application! Reunification with your parents is so important!

Wish you all the best.
I don't know what to do :confused:. The fees for submitting the application 2 ppl is $1100 excluding permanent residence fees($490*2=$980). And if the application is refused due to income requirements $1100 fees is non-refundable, so not sure if we are willing to gamble that much money o_O

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
There is a box in the application forms that you check if you want to proceed with the application if you don't meet the requirements . If you check it, you don't get your application fees back, if you say no, you get your money minus sponsorship fees back
Thanks for pointing that out
In Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking
The first question: If you are found ineligible... choose
withdraw, all processing fee less $75 will be refunded or
proceed, processing fees will be retained

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
All,
I have question. I got an invitation today for my Parents sponsorship. For the last three years I have Notice of Assessment with very good income as I was earning more than 100K. Since last Nov, I have been laid off and currently I am unemployed and on Employment Insurance and looking for new opportunity. My question is

If I declare unemployed in FINANCIAL EVALUATION Form, my application will be rejected ? Because currently, I am looking for a job and might be I will get a contract in next month or two.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thanks for pointing that out
In Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking
The first question: If you are found ineligible... choose
withdraw, all processing fee less $75 will be refunded or
proceed, processing fees will be retained
Except even if initial visa officer makes a mistake and accepts an ineligible app, the income test is continued later on so the next visa officer processing it can see the income originally didn't qualify and reject the app later.