+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

rosaAdl

Jan 2, 2018
Does anyone know how they mark applications as duplicates?
I have submitted an online form for my parents but now I want to add my grandmother as well. If I do another application for her, would it be considered a duplicate?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
there is a question
how many family unit ?
does it include all family members like brother and sister also?
Okyee.. Now I see what you were asking.
2. How many family members are currently in your family unit? (required)
This is the CURRENT family unit which doesn't include your parents or their dependents. (which is asked in question 3)

The question is really clear! They listed all possible members that should be counted. So your brothers and sisters are NOT included for answer to question 2. For answer to question 3, they will be counted if they are dependent of your parents.
Count the members of your family unit. If you have a co-signer, add the members of your co-signers` family unit. Include:

Reactions: sachin1575

ghsj

Sep 19, 2016
Your joint income needs to meet the minimum requirements for 5 people for 2015, 2016 and 2017. Does your joint income meet this requirement?
yes, our joint income met the requirement for 5 persons

both of you will need to show income for 2 (you and him) plus 4 (2 sets of parents) on both forms. So you and him both need to show income for 6 (assume no kids or brothers and sisters)
my mom is divorced and we have no intention on sponsoring my dad.

so it'll be:
my family: myself & spouse (2 persons)
my mom + his mom + his dad (3 persons), makes it total for 5 persons correct?

zzllhe

Jan 2, 2018
After submitting the web form for interests, did any one receive an acknowledgement of receipt email?

MTLBoy

Oct 16, 2017
Subject: Question on "three years income history"

My wife wants to sponsor her parents this year. She is 5 years PR but only started job in 2016. So she meets only 2017 and 2018 minimum income requirements.

Do you know if I can be a co-signer for her to meet this 3-year minimum income requirement? I have been working for past 4 years by PR and exceeded the minimum income with a good margin.

Please only provide an answer if you have a reliable and accurate information.

Appreciate it a lot.

CIC website: "If you are sponsoring a parent or a grandparent, you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement for each of the three years immediately preceding the date of your application. "

Last edited:

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Subject: "three years income history"

Question on the following paragraph from CIC website
"If you are sponsoring a parent or a grandparent, you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement for each of the three years immediately preceding the date of your application. "

My wife wants to sponsor her parents this year. She is 5 years PR but only started job in 2016. So she meets only 2017 and 2018 minimum income requirements.

Do you know if I can be a co-signer for her to meet this requirement? I have been working for past 4 years by PR and exceeded the minimum income with a good margin.

Please only provide an answer if you have a reliable and accurate answer.

Appreciate it a lot.
She needs 2015 2016 2017 incomes, not 2018(not for now)
Yes, you will co-sign her since she doesn't have income for 2015 and 16, but you do

Reactions: MTLBoy

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After submitting the web form for interests, did any one receive an acknowledgement of receipt email?

same as last year, they do not send any confirmation email.
Make sure to print out/write down Ref# they give you after entering.

MTLBoy

Oct 16, 2017
She needs 2015 2016 2017 incomes, not 2018(not for now)
Yes, you will co-sign her since she doesn't have income for 2015 and 16, but you do
Thank you for the response.

A more specific question:
Right now in the "expression of interest" online forms available this morning, there is no question about the name of co-signer at this stage. BUT there is a specific question (Question No 4) asking "do you have enough income to support yourself? - Yes or -No".

Do you mean whether

1) she should enter yes for now in the online form, and later on if she is selected, then we demonstrate the minimum income using the co-signer income history (which is me) ?

Or

2) I should apply for my wife's parents directly as an sponsor under my own name?

Please help advice.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the response.

A more specific question:
Right now in the "expression of interest" online forms available this morning, there is no question about the name of co-signer at this stage. BUT there is a specific question (Q No 4) asking "do you have enough income to support yourself".

Do you mean whether

1) she should enter yes for now in the online form, and later on if she is selected, then we demonstrate the minimum income using the co-signer income history (which is me) ?

Or

2) I should apply for my wife's parents directly as an sponsor under my own name?

Please help advice.
She doesn't' have to say she has co-signer right now.
She will answer "yes" to income
She will apply for her parents, you cannot apply for her parents.

Later if she gets selected, she will enter you as co-signer and submit your income as proof.

MTLBoy

Oct 16, 2017
She doesn't' have to say she has co-signer right now.
She will answer "yes" to income
She will apply for her parents, you cannot apply for her parents.

Later if she gets selected, she will enter you as co-signer and submit your income as proof.
great, thank you for you help. Appreciate it a lot.

Is it 100% accurate data with a link to source? I know you are well-experienced but as a last verification I would like to make sure.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great, thank you for you help. Appreciate it a lot.

Is it 100% accurate data with a link to source? I know you are well-experienced but as a last verification I would like to make sure.
That's just how it is.

1, Only your wife can apply for her parent, not you. it says on the first page if you select My spouses parents.
2, She meets required minimum income as long as you have it and you co-sign her, so answer is yes to income.
3, there is no line to enter co-signer info so she doesn't need to disclose that info right now.

After they select the winners, they will ask for all the details, right now it's pretty basic questions.
last year, they only asked for name and email address, nothing else.

MTLBoy

Oct 16, 2017
That's just how it is.

1, Only your wife can apply for her parent, not you. it says on the first page if you select My spouses parents.
2, She meets required minimum income as long as you have it and you co-sign her, so answer is yes to income.
3, there is no line to enter co-signer info so she doesn't need to disclose that info right now.

After they select the winners, they will ask for all the details, right now it's pretty basic questions.
last year, they only asked for name and email address, nothing else.
thanks alot. you are the best.

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Hi,
Both Me and my Brother are individually eligible to sponsor our Parents. If we submit our separate Interest to Sponsor forms, will it be considered as duplicate considering Parent names will be same in both the forms ?
Thanks