Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Nice! We’ll be definitely adding 1or2 new members to our family after submitting the file. Lol
Thanks for your reply.
Just keep in mind your income will need to increase, as family members are added. It's around $10K more requirement in tax year family size increases by +1.

IRCC will usually do a final income check before PR app is approved, that you've continued to comply with income requirements in later tax years while app has been processing.

Reactions: HarryKhuttan

buliwyf

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
I got selected for 2018 lottery.

My 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 income meets the cut-off no problem.

However...
1) I'm on E.I. from October 2017 - March 2018
2) I just recently moved to Quebec (from Ontario) September 2017
3) I am going to be self-employed (business startup in Quebec) on April 2018

Therefore, my 2018 income may not meet the cutoff (since I just started the business)!

My Parent Sponsorship application must be submitted 55-days from today.

Form IMM5768 item #13 asks for my current situation (which is Self-employed if I submit after April 1 / Unemployed before April 1).

How do you think will my application go?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

However...

Therefore, my 2018 income may not meet the cutoff (since I just started the business)!

Form IMM5768 item #13 asks for my current situation (which is Self-employed if I submit after April 1 / Unemployed before April 1).

Note EI income can not be included in your 2017 income.

The visa officer usually does a final income check later in the process, to ensure you've been keeping up with income requirements during processing and to see if your family size may have increased. So even if you qualify now, if you don't qualify in a later year your app could be rejected in several years time.

It would all depend on if the visa officer does a later income check, and for what years they ask for.

Reactions: gst8486 and YVR123

aakber

Feb 23, 2017
I have a question about schedule 1 address history, My parents have gone to vacation couple of time but they don't have addresses of the place they stayed. As the stay was very short i.e 1 to 3 days. Should I add this to the address history list? If yes what should I write in the address?
Can anyone help me with this question?

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Just keep in mind your income will need to increase, as family members are added. It's around $10K more requirement in tax year family size increases by +1.

IRCC will usually do a final income check before PR app is approved, that you've continued to comply with income requirements in later tax years while app has been processing.
Right now we’re 5 me, my wife, parents and my sister, but also meet the requirements for family of 6 for 2017 and 2016(not 2015). I think i’ll be all right having one kid next year as my income is increasing 10k every year for last 4 years.

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton

Rob one more question, who needs this form filled; statutory declaration of common-law union? My parents are married but don’t have marriage certificate but they have 2 affidavits for marriage, one by notary and one by magistrate.

buliwyf

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Note EI income can not be included in your 2017 income.

The visa officer usually does a final income check later in the process, to ensure you've been keeping up with income requirements during processing and to see if your family size may have increased. So even if you qualify now, if you don't qualify in a later year your app could be rejected in several years time.

It would all depend on if the visa officer does a later income check, and for what years they ask for.
I'm not clear about the processing time. Don't they just process the completed application package in a few months (like a regular PR application, e.g. skilled worker, that meets all the requirements)? Or is it much longer?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi All,

My mother in law was selected for 2018 lottery, however I have concern. We arrived here in Canada last October 2016 and we cannot provide the 3 year income. 2016 tax report will not be enough for the requirement however the 2017 tax report can show that the income earning is enough to sponsor my mother in law.

I got a a more stable job last year and income wise is qualified to sponsor a parent, these without adding the income of my wife.

Is there a chance that they will process the application where we could only show 2016 and 2017 income?

Thank you for your help.
Well, you did two things! You applied even after knowing that you are not eligible, Secondaly you took someone else's spot who was eligible and waiting to bring his or her parents from much longer than you. I will leave it there........

Reactions: yycpam

waitingSince3.5years

Aug 6, 2013

However...

I think if one goes on EI even once except the maternity or medical reasons that person is not eligible to sponsor irrespective of income

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Hi All,

My mother in law was selected for 2018 lottery, however I have concern. We arrived here in Canada last October 2016 and we cannot provide the 3 year income. 2016 tax report will not be enough for the requirement however the 2017 tax report can show that the income earning is enough to sponsor my mother in law.

I got a a more stable job last year and income wise is qualified to sponsor a parent, these without adding the income of my wife.

Is there a chance that they will process the application where we could only show 2016 and 2017 income?

Thank you for your help.
What a shame!

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hello forum member,
is it ok to have a different dates on different immigration forms? 'Coz I'm still waiting for other documents from abroad, that needs a signature from one of my parents.

Thanks

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi...
I have question regarding income requirements.

Me and my spouse together meeting the income requirements. My spouse is cosigner in my application. I was on mat leave since April 2016 to March 2017.. is EI not considered in annual income? I am reading threads and getting an idea that EI is not included in annual income of family.

Can you send link where it mention in cic website...

I am not worried because I am meeting the income criteria even if i am excluding EI.

Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi...
I have question regarding income requirements.

Me and my spouse together meeting the income requirements. My spouse is cosigner in my application. I was on mat leave since April 2016 to March 2017.. is EI not considered in annual income? I am reading threads and getting an idea that EI is not included in annual income of family.

Can you send link where it mention in cic website...

I am not worried because I am meeting the income criteria even if i am excluding EI.

Thanks.
I think it's the opposite. Which threads did you read?

I don't have CIC link.

e.g.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2018.513951/page-95#post-6822955